#32 gregor

gregor

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:41 AM

View PostBlood-Pigggy, on Jul 12 2007, 05:57 PM, said:

If you expect something like Morrowind you'll be disappointed, it's not barely as freeform.

well that's too bad. :shrug:

but if at least had some space to move arround, some places to avoid enemies instead of rushing to fight them...

mostly in these city games i miss the option to use buildings as they usually have their doors closed and windows shut.

for example i enjoyed Delta Force Black hawk down but it could still use more buldings you could actually go through instead of being directed through the streets by walls you can't climb. they created such a big town and then you had basically only one way to go.

#33 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:06 AM

That's actually a big shame in most of the games: no freedom to really move (though being in an assault (or spec op) squad you get direct orders where to go and so on) and very rarely you see ability to push guy up through a window above you or over wall. I'm trained in urban warfare and thus this is very close to my heart, thus it may be only me, but I found urban warfare very challenging and interesting thanks to the third dimension it brings in. In most games the third dimension isn't used enough. Only game so far where I've seen this well included was Call of Duty. The Russian mission where you first assault that building and defend it then.
...70 years... LOL

#34 gregor

gregor

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:28 AM

i think the freedom of movement is mostly restricted because of scripted events (especally in those deltaforce i know stepping in certain area triggers events, so oyu have to go there to trigger them).

but still.. would it be cool if you spot the enemy on some balcony or behind a windows and then you could somehow sneak up behind him and use some knife or silenced weapon? instead the balcony he is in has no doors so he maybe even start running arround up there trying to leave. :shrug:
delta force 1& had preety free movement (despite the scripted events triggers). so you could do a mission in a way that you went far arround the planned route. offcourse as a result you might have found some enemy staring in the hill where waiting for trigger to be triggered. but often it was just fun doing the assault form completelly different direction. i remember one mission where instead of assaulting through valley i redirected my parachute on the start and went all the way arround to assault them form the high heel above with a sniper rifle. he, he, he...

but oyu can't do this kind of things in DFBHD. you can't go arround because a wall would block you or the game would request oyu to move back on trail. you can do it only in some missions. and they are interesting.

EDIT: BTW prequel was announced. looks cool.

#35 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:24 PM

View PostJuni Ori, on Jul 13 2007, 03:06 AM, said:

That's actually a big shame in most of the games: no freedom to really move (though being in an assault (or spec op) squad you get direct orders where to go and so on) and very rarely you see ability to push guy up through a window above you or over wall. I'm trained in urban warfare and thus this is very close to my heart, thus it may be only me, but I found urban warfare very challenging and interesting thanks to the third dimension it brings in. In most games the third dimension isn't used enough. Only game so far where I've seen this well included was Call of Duty. The Russian mission where you first assault that building and defend it then.

Ever play Operation Flashpoint or Ghost Recon? Hell, even Rainbow Six (the older ones) practically allow you to do the mission from whichever direction you want. In fact, Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six before each mission you outline your strategy, your path, and your weaponry, then you can execute your plan in the game (although it can be ruined or change in a second). You should try those games if you want to (I recommend Ghost Recon and the older Rainbow Six games, Operation Flashpoint is a bit buggy and despite the insinuation that you can do a mission however you want, it often turns out that certain sections in a mission are impossible unless you approach it from a specific angle).

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#36 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:34 PM

That's actually a big shame in most of the games:
I'm a big fan of Operation Flashpoint and it indeed has a lot of freedom. Ghost Recon is good, though the maps were relatively small. Rainbow Six's preplanning was a good idea, though pretty poorly done.
...70 years... LOL

#37 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:57 PM

Play Hitman Blood Money then if you're so hard to satisfy, it may not be a urban combat game but it damn sure lets you do anything you want.

#38 gregor

gregor

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:10 AM

cool game! only too much bad people are spawning. especially when you are fiddling with the inventory and suddenly they spawn right in front of you.

area is closed but it is still quite big and it really makes you feel you are there. sweet. maybe too much anomalies...

#39 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 01:39 AM

Try some of the several mods online, they turn the game from good into great.

#40 gregor

gregor

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:25 AM

i've been checking out for some mods. but i didnt' find anything interesting. for example the one that makes it darker... well if oyu play with gamma correction off it's dark enough in those labs.

then i mostly noticed mods for carrying more. something which bugs me is not the ammount you can carry, but the strange fact that some things seem to be much heavier that in realy life...

so i dont0 know what to have and what to drop. so far i did ok, but now suddenly i came to the point where i would have to change my rifle (the streloks specially modded gun). which i dont' really want to do since it's accurate (can give headshots) but the problem is no one has russian ammo anymore. or at least most people/zombies don't have it.  :-( means i should equip thier weapon and i can't just drop this one since it might come in handy later.

i also checked a couple of walkthroughs and FAQ on some weapon and armor info yet strangely they keep saying obokan rifle is some good stuff to have (ok it does more damage bu lack accuracy.

also i dont' understand why if you switch to single shot you can still miss baddly the first shot you make with scopei am not talking about bullet trajectory, but the fact that the barrels seems to be crooked (shooting on the side). oh unless wind is affecting it !?!?

#41 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:25 AM

For a Stalker mod, I'll direct you to Redux. It makes the game a lot harder and a lot more interesting, without being redicilous (Like most alive mods), detracting from the game or destroying continuity.

Artifacts are heavier and less usefull, food becomes an emmediate issue, money is harder to come by, decent weapons are harder to find (you might want to buy them), things can be repaired for a price, equipment can be added to all weapons, death comes easily, etc.

It also edits the numbers to be more realistic. Weapons now weigh as much as their real-life counterparts, and perform more like their real-life counterparts :shrug:

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#42 gregor

gregor

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 02:09 PM

maybe later... i am struggling to get through lab16 now... too many snorks for me to handle. and i didn't know scientist suit has crappy buletproof protection oh and radiation keeps trying to kill me :-(

#43 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:32 PM

Lab 16 eats monkey testicles, that place seriously sucks, and so does every other single lab in the game.

#44 gregor

gregor

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:35 AM

couldn't agree more. especially since they don't really look like labs much. not to mention the darkness...

#45 Dave

Dave

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:58 PM

I think I'll restart it in hardest difficulty  :ok:
What do you think, will they do a sequel?
I really hope it. :shrug:

Reply to this topic