#1 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:33 PM

Hullo!

Well this is a concept I've been retreading in my mind for quite a bit, although the story hasn't been fully fleshed out, and it still is in its conceptual stage, I think you'd like to hear about it a bit (for those who cares  :blink:).

The main premise is something in the west, not a stereotypical cowboys and indians style, but a more realistic green with desert feeling. Along that, I decided to twist it into a horror setting, placing you in a town that has been mysteriously shutdown and isolated by it's mayor, with the sheriff and deputy nowhere to be found.
You star as a prisoner in the town jail. Without any law to take care of you, you and your fellow inmates start dying out from starvation and disease. Early in the game, you find your way out of your cell, then escape from the jail.

After that point, you find yourself in the town, and here you can interact with several NPCs (this has been tested, and it works quite fine, but I can't show you shots from the test because it's basicly squares and circles to represent towns-people.

The story goes on, yadda yadda, until you finally find the mayor and find him replaced by something you were not expecting, and so on and so forth things start happening that aren't supposed to be happening, which I won't spoil because it took me forever to think up a unique story twist.

And there's the basic outline, here are some features I'm planning -

-Very dark atmosphere, mist, and most of all, good sound.
-Responsive weaponry, by this I mean, when you shoot the gun, you will hear it fire, and you will feel the impact. (Really loud weaponry and kick-back, to make shooting more satisfying)
-No crosshair, I want this to feel like a genuine struggle for survival, with no ethereal pointer to help you.
-Bizarre creature design, I've been struggling with my imagination to fill out some concept art that's unique, not too rushed, and perfect for the setting.
-Unique weapons, no stupid little generic pistols or machine-guns, although you will have the simple things, they'll be spiced up to make them unique.
-Interaction with NPCs, you can talk, exchange weapons, murder, ask for help, etc.
-Inventory and item management (hopefully this will be integrated, as I'm still skimming about the programming and how I'll implement it to its full effect.)
-Heavy adventure elements, shooting will be more sparse, as your health will be limited, rather, you will be trying to find your way around a unique setting.
-Story twists and plot turns, you'll be able to influence the ending of the game.

-And more!

The tool I'm using is Dark BASIC Professional, and so far I've gotten a little done (mostly interface, no inventory yet, and very little settings done, and no models/textures, even though some are completed, I won't implement them until I've done the major features.)

I might post some concept art or character models.
And that's a basic summary.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#2 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:47 PM

I love the idea. Weird that I have never come across a Wild Western Horror game before.... The concept is brilliant, when you start thinking about it.

Creaky wooden floors, tumble weed, coyotes, eerie ghost towns, and so on... Brilliant, I tell you!

I also like the ideas you have for gameplay. I think it will be interesting to follow its development. :blink:

Yo!

#3 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:57 PM

Great to have support already!  :blink:

I hope that more people will be interested.
The only problem will be maintaining interest, as you can understand, a one man team is quite slow progress.

#4 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:02 PM

This sounds like an excellent idea! :blink:
And believe me, Blood-Pigggy, I'm still eagerly awaiting and fully interested in all your projects. LOL

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#5 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 04:05 PM

Sounds very interesting when I read it, can't wait to see it. :blink:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#6 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 04:19 PM

sounds good  :blink:

i have seen the horror - cowboy thing though before Abura Tan a roguelike has that kind of setting but it is a great idea!

cowboy and horror is just plain cool LOL

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#7 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:29 PM

I can probably post some concept art tommorow if anyone is interested.
So far there are two pieces that are fully completed the "Claws" (all these names are temporary of course) and "Man Reborn".
If any of you care to, pick one of those and I'll put that piece up so you can see what I've got in store for the creatures.

#8 Qbix

Qbix

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:15 AM

Alone in the dark 3

take a look on that one :blink:

#9 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:55 PM

AITD 3 was mediocre, and it was incredibly cliche.
I'm aiming at a horror game with accuracy in the west, when it comes to weapons and to add in interesting creatures.

And I think I'm not shooting over my head at least, so far what I've gotten done is getting along steady, so it'd probably turn out as I dreamt it as.

#10 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:23 AM

Hey, hey, hey!
Sorry for double posting, but here's a lame screenshot.
Yes, it looks bad, bad all textures are place-holders, and the models are going to be smoothed out soon, enjoy this picterquese view of a bed!
Posted Image

Click on the user posted image thingy.
Oh, and this is just me seeing what I can do with 5 minutes in the engine, so what I'm trying to do will look like this, except 100 times better,  :blink: .

#11 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:30 AM

Mmmm... that pillow looks soft and sexy LOL

Keep it up :blink:

Yo!

#12 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:32 AM

Then you'll like this one even more!
Posted Image

Although I wouldn't say it's sexy...

#13 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:43 AM

Neither would I, but definately promising :blink:

Yo!

#14 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:50 AM

Looks nice so far. Very effective lighting.:blink:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#15 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:53 AM

The only thing I can think of is that the lamp looks extremelly big next to the guy. Their proportions doesn't seem to fit eachother. :blink:

Yo!