#1 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

Posted Image

Discussion Thread

I've decided to create one of the first film discussion threads here on Reloaded. This thread can be used for discussion, news updates, reviews, and just anything related to all three of the upcoming Hobbit films.

I was never a huge Lord of the Rings fan (mostly due to my young age at the time of the films releases, and the movies flew right over my head. Oddly enough Harry Potter stuck, but elves, large creatures, and little people with big hairy feet didn't). But now elements of Middle Earth are in my roleplay City of Secrets, and that's where I eventually fell in love with my hobbit-obsessed girlfriend. So I guess Frodo's (not the character, the forum member) love of Middle Earth has rubbed off on me.

Since The Hobbit will be coming out in three parts for the next few years, I think a discussion thread is a nice place to keep all chat about the series. Plus it'd be nice to have some friendly discussion in threads again.

So welcome to The Hobbit discussion thread. Pull up a chair, smoke your pipe, and make yourself at home in the hobbit hole.

:elf: :wizard: :orc: :frodo:

#2 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

I'm getting into The Hobbit spirit. Bought a shirt themed to the first film. :happy:

And, on Christmas, my family and I are planning on going to eat at Denny's. How does this relate to The Hobbit?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Denny's has a special menu themed to The Hobbit. And, it looks amazing. Here's a link for the menu: Hobbit-themed Menu.

I'm eyeing up the turkey sandwich, and the meal. And honestly, this is one time I think my family would be interested in eating hobbit-themed food. LOL

If the food is still available on Christmas, and we get there, I'll probably be eating off the Hobbit menu. And maybe, wearing my Hobbit shirt as well.

What has happened to me? I am not a hobbit addict. But Middle Earth is indeed kind of addicting. :P

#3 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

I got you hooked on The Hobbit!  Yippee!  :smile:

And City is where I fell in love with my gangster boyfriend.  :wub:

Love the Denny's Hobbit-themed menu.  You need to collect some of those trading cards, as well.

The film is out on 13 December in the UK, and I'm going to see it that day.  I got my ticket booked allready.  :smile:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#4 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

Found out Denny's is open 24 hours on Christmas, and The Hobbit menu will be available. Yay. :happy:

Are you going to see the movie in 3D, or 2D? I'm curious if it will be 48 FPS or not.

#5 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

I'm seeing it in 3D.  Dunno if that means it will be in 48FPS, or 24FPS.  :unsure:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#6 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

Since it's 3D, it's probably HFR 3D (48 FPS). :smile:

Don't get a headache. :P

#7 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

If I get a headache, I'll need you to hold my hand and ease the pain.  :smile:

#8 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

We need long hands. :bleh:

And here's a funny image. I bet tons of these will be popping up around the internet.

Posted Image

#9 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

Love it!  :smile:

#10 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

LOL  LOVE those pictures  :smile:

My cinema is now offering an HFR 3D option, and THAT'S the one that shows 48 fps.  Not the standard 3D that I'm going to see.
Kinda disappointed now.  I was really curious what it would be like  :unsure:

#12 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

Hmm.. if it costs extra, and you can afford it, go for it. I would call if you don't know, and see if you could use your free ticket/discount and just add a couple dollars (pounds :bleh:) to see it in HFR 3D.

When I had discount tickets (free tickets) if it didn't cover everything, I only would have to pay a slight amount to upgrade (like to see 3D, etc). Maybe it will only cost like $3 (pounds) to upgrade or something.

Or just when you go to the place, see if you can upgrade. Usually the dimwits who work in there, will just get their manager, or let you see the HFR, since they don't really care otherwise. :P

The only reason I say this, is because I don't think there will be a way to see the film in HFR once it's out of the movies. I don't think most TVs/monitors can handle 48 FPS. So it may be a once in a long time kind of thing. I know some people will be seeing it in HFR, and 24 FPS, to see the new technology in one version, and just focus on the movie itself in the old format. :smile:

But seeing the movie two times costs money, so I'd go for trying to upgrade. Give me their email, and I'll handle them. :bleh: I went through this when I had discount tickets with Pirates On Stranger Tides. :popcorm2:

#13 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

The HFR option, and the one I'm going to see, are showing at different times.

I would need to have asked at least 24 hours in advance, and they would have probably changed it.  But I didn't look at the cinema website for a few days, so I didn't know they had added that option recently.  It's too late to change now.   *sulks*

Maybe I'll go and see it twice then.  LOL

#14 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Well, it's probably better to see the standard one first, so you can focus on the film itself, and the story, rather than the technology. Many have said the 48 FPS was very distracting. So it's better that way anyway. :smile:

#15 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Now I've seen it, I'm so tempted to go again, and watch the 48 fps version  :smile:

The film was AMAZING!!!  :smile:

LOVED the whole 3D thing!

It was good seeing Frodo and Old Bilbo at the start.  Then it went into flashback, and we saw Young Bilbo.  Loved seeing his confusion, with all these  strange dwarves coming into his home, and causing chaos.  And Gandalf was being his usual, cryptic self.  LOL

Erebor is beautiful!  Very grand and elaborate.

The trolls were hilarious, how they were arguing about how to cook the dwarves.  The the sun came, and they turned to stone.  :lol:

The Riddles is one of my favourite scenes from the book, and it was brilliant to see it in the film.  The expressions on Gollum's face were wonderful, as they threw riddles at each other, and Gollum was talking about eating Bilbo if he lost the game.   Then of course, he realised Bilbo has his 'Precious', and started chasing him.  LOL

Loved when they arrived at Rivendell, and saw Elrond and Galadrial.

Wargs and orcs were CGI, but they were brilliant to see.  Especially the wargs.  And the eagles were magnificant!

It was very touching when Thorin Oakanshielf finally accepted Bilbo, after being so determined that Bilbo was just a burden.

Then right at the end, we saw Smaug awaken, and open his eye.

Amazing film.  I just loved it!

Now I have a whole year to wait, until the next part.   :sad: