77 replies to this topic

#16 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:18 PM

Is it the one where you flee with Kasuma ?
I don't know but I've been told
Deirdre's got a Network Node
Likes to press the on/off switch
Dig that crazy Gaian witch !

- Spartan troup song -

#17 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:44 PM

Yep

#18 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:41 PM

Ok, so one more to go then.

Solarjetman, while it is true that exploring and backtracking is very important, I think your advice on item policy is misleading. What items you pick/don't pick doesn't really affect the ending, except for one particular which should not be picked (not the first time you get the chance at least). Besides, while Spur is a very good weapon, Machinegun isn't weaker by the least (it will just make resisting the black wind a little harder), and I'm sure Snake can also be awesome due to it's untroubled rate of fire. Blade level 2 is unparalleled in raw damage at close range (upgrading it to level 3 is actually a shame), so there isn't really a weapon that will unlock the doors of Sacred Grounds for you. It's a matter of personal choice.

- Spartan troup song -

#19 uiopjk789

uiopjk789

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 12:43 AM

Hey, how do you defeat the boss at the end of the labyrinth?

#20 rockhoppa

rockhoppa

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:58 AM

Well, I must say up front, this is a simply superb game. Brings back NES nostalgia.

However, I'm near the end, as I took the hard route, but I'm having a bit of difficulty.  I pulled Curly out of the Core and managed to get Booster v2.0 from the Prof, but when I get to the Plantation where Cthulhu is at the bottom right of the fishing area, Curly is absent. Also, I can't access the treasure chest in the Clock Room of the Outer Wall. Again, I pulled Curly out of the Core Room after I defeated the Core boss.

Is it just me, or is it a game error? I've had to restart the game all over a few times already, and I'm still lost and confused. Anyone else have this same problem? If anyone knows the solution, please post!

#21 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 12:46 PM

rockhoppa, on May 11 2005, 04:58 AM, said:

Well, I must say up front, this is a simply superb game. Brings back NES nostalgia.

However, I'm near the end, as I took the hard route, but I'm having a bit of difficulty.  I pulled Curly out of the Core and managed to get Booster v2.0 from the Prof, but when I get to the Plantation where Cthulhu is at the bottom right of the fishing area, Curly is absent. Also, I can't access the treasure chest in the Clock Room of the Outer Wall. Again, I pulled Curly out of the Core Room after I defeated the Core boss.

Is it just me, or is it a game error? I've had to restart the game all over a few times already, and I'm still lost and confused. Anyone else have this same problem? If anyone knows the solution, please post!
This is because you didn't reboot Curly in the waterway. To do so, you must treat her in the little house that if you're not carefull enough you miss right after the room full of jellies. In there, check the bed, the computer, the rightmost bookshelf then the bed again. After the cutscene, check Curly again.

This time, she should be at the Ctulhu's. Also, you will be able to open this chest.

Hey, how do you defeat the boss at the end of the labyrinth?

When he opens up to fire his purple thingies, shoot his projectile emitors (which are green whatnots). When this is done, shoot him some more in the face. He'll eventually break down. I recommend Sword lvl 2 for this one, as it is the most damaging short-range weapon. Sword 3 works too, but not so well.

- Spartan troup song -

#22 rockhoppa

rockhoppa

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:27 PM

Ah... that would explain it... =p

I'll try again. Thanks Aureliano!

#23 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:37 PM

Always a pleasure. I must warn you tho, if your ambition is to get the "good" ending, you're in for a lot of unnecessary pain. You'll understand when you get at it.

- Spartan troup song -

#24 Keeper2k

Keeper2k

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 07:20 PM

Not to offend anyone or anything, but who ever said that this game has "Ridiculously tough bosses", most likely did not play Eternal Daughter. Mind that, I?m yet to see the last ending possible, and hence yet to see the hardest boss, but the ones required for the first 2 endings are not that hard in comparison to what I saw in the ED.

But that aside, it is one of the best games I had pleasure to play, tumbs way up.
:)

Edit: ;)  I never mentioned it originally, since it is bit off topic, but Eternal Daughter is a quite hard game by itself (not only bosses), and can be quite frustrating at a times, but it also can be quite enjoyable too.

#25 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 08:14 PM

Keeper2k, on May 11 2005, 07:20 PM, said:

Mind that, I?m yet to see the last ending possible, and hence yet to see the hardest boss, but the ones required for the first 2 endings are not that hard in comparison to what I saw in the ED.
I'd like to get your opinion on the hardest ending, when you get that far. In the meantime I'll play this Eternal Daughter you speak off - it sounds fun.

EDIT : After playing it for half an hour, I have come to the conclusion that I hate Eternal Daughter because of awful gameplay.

- Spartan troup song -

#26 pinion

pinion

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:52 PM

Ok i play witohou the solution i beat the game twice , but curly was dead =] now i tried again and managed to get an iron band from her but i also took machine gun and when i found old guy i just noticed that he would probably upgrade my weapon. Ok , to the questions now :

What is the statue room at the plantation and passage ? can i do something there ?

What about the pipes at the bottom of plantation ,is there any use of them ?

#27 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:20 PM

The statue room is (I think) just to show that the story is just a repetition of past events. I never was able to do anything meaningfull in there, and I have no clue who this clay figure is supposed to be.

The pipes at the bottom of the plantation serve the purpose of getting out of the water. Again, I don't know for sure, but I'm quite certain.

Don't worry about that weapon upgrade, the machinegun is plain cool on it's own. It plays a lot differently, of course...but it's a very reliable weapon.

- Spartan troup song -

#28 Solarjetman

Solarjetman

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 12:49 PM

Aureliano, on May 10 2005, 07:41 PM, said:

Solarjetman, while it is true that exploring and backtracking is very important, I think your advice on item policy is misleading. What items you pick/don't pick doesn't really affect the ending, except for one particular which should not be picked (not the first time you get the chance at least).
Yep Aureliano I agree with you in general, but my posts were about finding the secrets. You find the other weapons specifically by avoiding ones earlier on. And as to the big secret of the last ending you have to avoid a very helpful item (or two if you include the armband) until later on.

Your weapon summary is generally fair, being down to personal choice. The sword is excellent for damage, the snake good for fire rate and coverage, machinine gun easy on the finger (and lets you explore easier), spur well rounded and dependable. My point about making the game harder is that if you want to find the spur you have to go through a good patch of the game with just the polar star (although curly has the machine gun at full experience if you don't take it from her. Helps a bit I suppose). This is also true in avoiding that other item we keep mentioning, eg making fights and exploration tougher.

Interested to hear opinions on the Bubble and the Nemesis.

Also, is the escape with Kazuma a bad ending? I thought it was quite nice, peaceful and removed. Of course you were not a hero, but for a coward you got off quite lightly.

PS: There is no reason not to pick up the sword as far as I've discovered, yet...

#29 pinion

pinion

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 01:49 AM

do you know titles of other pixel studio games ??

btw

i finished game with two normal endings but now i'am stuck in hell trying to get the 3rd

i think u just have to play it 50 times (the hell) to end it

#30 Solarjetman

Solarjetman

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:24 PM

Pixel has a few on his website but I haven't tried them

http://hp.vector.co....thors/VA022293/

just click on the links on the side for different ones.

Reply to this topic