2 replies to this topic

#1 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:49 PM

After seeing all the old Indiana Jones movies and being excited about the new one(except for Shia Lebouf or what ever that guy's name is D< ), I came up with a cool idea for a game. It's like a Adventure platformer hybrid with a kind of "overworld" in which you search for clues and possible maps to the whereabouts of hidden treasure. This would be controlled with the mouse in classic Monkey Island fashion and then, when you travel to the tombs or shrines, it jumps in to 2d platforming style gameplay ala Mario and the like. I know the idea is pretty rough, but I think it would make an interesting game. Also there could be some customization options, like have rewards and side-quests so you can buy new gear and clothing. Feel free to contribute.

#2 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:06 PM

Interesting idea.   :P   Will Indy have some kind of assistant to help \ hinder him - kinda like Sophia in Fate Of Atlantis.   :ok:

For 2D platformy bits, you could maybe use Indy's whip to help him get across gaps, instead of a standard 'Jumping' game.  Just an idea.   :D
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:16 PM

View PostFrodo, on May 16 2008, 05:06 PM, said:

Interesting idea.   :P   Will Indy have some kind of assistant to help \ hinder him - kinda like Sophia in Fate Of Atlantis.   :ok:

For 2D platformy bits, you could maybe use Indy's whip to help him get across gaps, instead of a standard 'Jumping' game.  Just an idea.   :D

"Indy" having an assistant would really fit the game I think. They could be a overall nuisance, but are able to help "Indy" out of  a jam(much like in the movies).

The whip is a must. Maybe have a realistic jump, have it be long enough for short gaps, and have the player rely on the whip more. Also use the whip in conjunction with jumping to make for more complicated gameplay.

Also the main antagonist should be a rival archaeologist and have him work for a greater evil, or something like that.

I haven't thought of any plot. If I do decide to make this, the plot will come later. Gameplay first, the develop the plot with thought.