55 replies to this topic

#31 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:40 PM

Answering question, I usually drink finnish ale (Koff or Karhu)
Hitot, (jääkylmää) Lapin Kultaa sen olla pitää, perkele.

Sorry. ;) On the topic, and in the right language, never tasted Caol Ila, but Laphroaig is just too good! How can anyone who's tasted it deny whiskey being the water of life? :)
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

#32 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:47 AM

One smilie to you, Aristharus: :) That's me on the left drinking Karhu, which happens to have some taste and that's you on the right, drinking Lapin Kusta (not typo), which doesn't even actually taste anything. ;)
...70 years... LOL

#33 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:00 AM

When it comes to ale two of my favorites are "Bishop's FInger" and "Old speckled hen".

#34 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:02 AM

I don't know that much about foreign beers. Special lagers cost too much and are pretty similar to each other, so I don't buy them much. But what about stouts and dark ale? I'm not an expert, but the basic draughts and such I do know... Even though they're expensive too, they are worth it. Nothing can beat Guinness or Kilkenny. :)

Juni Ori: No, no, no.. It's not that simple; Karhu's ok from a bottle, but Lapin Kulta is a pretty.. demanding beer. It has to be ice-cold and come from a tap to be any good, but when it does fill those requirements, at least no finnish beer can beat it. It's also a better sauna beer than Karhu or Koff.

Sorry, getting a little ;) here, so I'll stop this rant before it begins. ;)
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

#35 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:54 AM

Aristharus, pyh.. :) But there are as many opinions as there are assholes, so you're right, let's forget this..
...70 years... LOL

#36 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:00 AM

I prefer Ale to Stouts, but Guiness and Young's double chocolate are really good. I also like the belgian "trappist" beer Chimay blue. Though of all the beers I've tasted the swedish lager Hell is my all time favorite. It's got an ugly name, ugly bottle, tastes like heaven and is really expensive. One bottle costs 20 kr (~$3) in the stores...

#37 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:59 PM

*sipping my whisky and reading the latest Harry Potter book.*   :angel:

Life is goooooood.

#38 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:40 PM

Last friday my friends were drinking some whiskey while we had some pizza, watching some music dvd's Grants was the name of it, I didn't have any, kinda wishing I did but whateva, another time, although was quite funny watching them chug down a cup of the stuff and the effects afterwards. :angel:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#39 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:35 AM

DeathDude, on Oct 10 2005, 11:40 PM, said:

Last friday my friends were drinking some whiskey while we had some pizza, watching some music dvd's Grants was the name of it, I didn't have any, kinda wishing I did but whateva, another time, although was quite funny watching them chug down a cup of the stuff and the effects afterwards. ;)
A cup?  :angel:

#40 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:08 PM

Yup coffee cup size I'm serious, they both tried to chug it down with some cranberry gingerale combined with the Grants in one gulp with a break in between, needless to say it was quite the reaction afterwards wells least from one of my friends.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#41 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:19 PM

DeathDude, on Oct 11 2005, 03:08 PM, said:

Yup coffee cup size I'm serious, they both tried to chug it down with some cranberry gingerale combined with the Grants in one gulp with a break in between, needless to say it was quite the reaction afterwards wells least from one of my friends.
  ;) that's disgusting  :angel:

#42 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:20 PM

Nah it's called a good time watching your friends, while you eat the rest of the pizza as they are distracted. :angel:

#43 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:59 PM

One does not mix whisky and soda! *waves finger*

Other than that I agree with you. It must've been hilarious  :angel:

#44 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:08 PM

Pshaw on the non-mixing of whisky and soda :angel: , it's a strong brand man, got to give it some more kick, course now I wish I had some, not the size my friends had but still next time around.

#45 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:27 PM

Only cheap whisky should be mixed with soda - alright whisky gets a small amount of water and nice whisky nothing other than a bit of ice. Anything else just ruins it.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.