6 replies to this topic

#1 ReamusLQ

ReamusLQ

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 06:16 AM

So I know over on Abandonia, people can be rewarded for the efforts they contribute to the site, most obvious being labeled a VIP, but also as Moderators, or other administrative positions.  I was wondering if AR had anything like that to motivate it's members to contribute.  If there is something and it is secret only to those who DO contribute, I understand.

#2 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:57 AM

First of all, before I was mod I scouted some games and made a review and didn't ever dream becoming mod. Why I did do those things? To do my part! I had downloaded couple of games and liked the atmosphere, there was no need for bribing me to continue. Why can't we do something for common good without direct profit?

But to the point: For what little I can answer - not-so-classified info :( - people aren't just rewarded mod status for their efforts. Every crew member's suitability has been carefully considered and we take new mods only when needed. VIP thing is different, but it's under work, if I've understood correctly.

PS: Being mod isn't only merit, it can also be hard work!
...70 years... LOL

#3 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:51 AM

Juni's right, we're currently implementing a VIP system for AR. The VIP forum already exists, it's just not visible yet for anyone outside the crew. But we'll get there eventually...:(
We won't be distributing moderator positions as rewards, though, unless we're convinced the person in question would actually make a good mod. Besides, like Juni says, being a mod isn't all it's cracked up to be anyway; being a VIP will be far more fun, I bet.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#4 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:11 AM

Hmm... Perhaps we should try to get rid of these overburdening responsibilities and just lower ourselves to VIP? :(
:)
...70 years... LOL

#5 ReamusLQ

ReamusLQ

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:14 PM

It's not like there being a "reward" is my only insentive for contributing to the site.  Over on Abandonia, I've did quite a bit of reviews before I even remembered about VIP-ship.  Then I was lucky enough to be chosen as one of the Site updaters, Mod for the Games forum, and a member of the grammar squad.

I was mainly jsut wondering if the more I help out this site, the more responsibilty I'd come to earn and be trusted with, because I really would love to help this site out (as much as I do Abandonia.)  

After my show closes this weekend, I plan on starting to review games again as it's the only way I can currently contribute to the site.

Thank you, that's all I really wanted to know  :(

#6 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 04:32 PM

We look forward to your contributions, Reamus.:(

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#7 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:48 AM

Forgive me, I misjudged you Reamus and it's great to have more active members. I bet your efforts will be remembered (at least now :( )!
...70 years... LOL

Reply to this topic