5 replies to this topic

#1 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:27 AM

Posted Image

The AGS Bake Sale is now open for business.

What is the AGS Bake Sale, I hear you ask?

Well, some wonderful people over at AGS (Adeventure Game Studio) decided to get together, and raise money for charity.  Child's Play, to be exact.
Child's Play is a charity that helps sick children in hospital, with the use of video games and play.  It improves the quality of lives for these children.

AGS wants to raise money for this charity.  Thus, the AGS Bake Sale was borne.  The sale comprises of 14 games - most, but not all, are adventure games.  It's a Pay-What-You-Want event.  YOU decide how much you want to pay.  Then you just type in that amount, and in return, you get 14 wonderful games.  All proceeds from the sale go to Child's Play.

The sale ends on 29 February 2012.

So what games do you get?

Here's a list of the games involved, as well as the generous people who gave their time and skills freely, in order to create the games. Just click on the game title to find out more about it.

9 Months In
by Tzachs, Noavana, and gameboy

Abner The Amazing
by poc301 and LocutusOfBored

Barn Runner: The Rich Dame Who Cut The Cheese
by Ponch

Ben Chandler, Paranormal Investigator - In Search Of The Sweets Tin
by Grundislav

Entrapment
by Tenacious Stu

Escape The Barn
by Cat

Falling Skyward
by ThreeOhFour

Fragment
by Kaputtnik and ThreeOhFour

Indiana Rodent and the Raiders Of The Lost Cheese
by Radiant

The Rail
by Technocrat

RAM Ghost
by Ghost

Red Volition
by Hofmeier

Retina
by Dualnames

Zombie Attack
by ShiverMeSideways
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#2 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

An amazing idea, going to a great cause! Love it! More sites should hold events like this. :smile:

#3 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:29 AM

So far, they've raised over $3000, and sold over 800 bundles.  ;)

That's brilliant to hear!  :happy:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#4 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

Just a reminder that this bundle is still for sale.  It ends on 29 February, so buy it now, while you still can.  :smile:

Remember, you pay what you want... you get a whopping 14 games in return.  And in addition, you're contributing to a worthwhile cause.  It's a win-win situation.  :smile:

#5 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:15 AM

Final figures are in.  :chef:

They sold a whopping 1074 bundles, raising a grand total of $4191.98 (£2676.16)  :thumbs:

#6 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:13 AM

Wow! Excellent work. :D