Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:21 AM

http://artsci.wustl....~bcbarnes/band/

like this one

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#2 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:35 AM

View PostDakaSha, on Feb 8 2007, 02:21 AM, said:

Sounds really interesting.:ok: Would you like to review it by any chance?

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#3 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:35 AM

actually i would :ok:
poker kinda has me booked though ^^

im not promising anything... but i'll make sure to let you guys know if i feel up to it.

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#4 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:00 PM

Sure. It's just because the site claims it's "intended to be difficult" and it probably wouldn't be such a great idea to give a review of a difficult roguelike to somebody who doesn't have much experience playing them. And you just happen to be our resident roguelike-afficionado...:ok:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#5 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:15 PM

Actually I haven't noticed muchdifference to Zangband - except more races and classes. It's just as boring...
...70 years... LOL

#6 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:44 PM

if you loathe angband your not going to like it. but there are alot of new cool features.

Posted Image

#7 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:20 PM

View PostDakaSha, on Feb 8 2007, 03:44 PM, said:

if you loathe angband your not going to like it. but there are alot of new cool features.
Like?

#8 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:43 PM

Like the prefix "Entro-" on the front :)

EDIT: And a website that's down apparently.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#9 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:57 PM

Well the feature i like the most is probably being able to ride monsters... you can catch yourself a hydra or something and ride it. its cool because they attack the monsters and use thier special ability..

classes are cool like mirror mage... place magic mirrors around the room and do cool crap...

alot of stuff just have to give it a try

Posted Image

#10 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:45 PM

Have you got the archive knocking around anywhere? I'd like to try it but his site seems to be down.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

#11 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:55 PM

Yeah, I've been waiting it to go up for some time... If anyone has it and is kind enough to e-mail it to me, my e-mail is the same old and safe ori dot juni at gmail dot com. :)
...70 years... LOL

#12 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:00 PM

ive got it... ill mail it to you juni... beef if you have icq give me the number otherwise your email

oh and this is down too but: http://artsci.wustl....lers/index.html

its the spoiler page. but its actually more like a manual. id use it because there are things you need to know about the classes in it

also another feature are weapon skills... important to me and angband usually doesnt have it

Posted Image

#13 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:46 PM

Thanks Daka... I however have tried it before. Let's put it this way: my opinion hasn't changed at all. :) How didn't I remember?
...70 years... LOL

#14 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:25 PM

Got it from Juni - will give it a try in a bit.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)

#15 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:32 PM

I gave this game one more shot and... :) Is there any logic in this game at all? Okay, some like randomized dungeons and yes, it's great that the dungeons are large. But. If the only reason   for randomization is that you can tunnel level clear, I don't get it... I guess I could go through locked doors if I spent time to solve what the keybinding is (or would start using that n00b-helper - which is actually pretty good) but I don't bother as I can go through walls as I like... Also I don't like the minimal visibility. Some more innovations than in ZangbandTK, but not even close to ADOM's quality. It looks like the creator had too much ideas and too little time to really think what is and what is not necessary...
...70 years... LOL

Back to Game & Software Requests

Reply to this topic