20 replies to this topic

#1 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:38 AM

...but at least in Kuopio, Finland, there's performance combining heavy metal and ballet. Now there's ballet I might go look for! :ok: Anyone ever heard this done before?
...70 years... LOL

#2 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:09 AM

I've never heard of it, but it sounds really interesting.   :ok:

I would love to see that.  Got any links?   :wall:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:10 AM

Sounds ridicioulus, as if metal and ballet aren't ridicioulus enough by themseleves. :ok:

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#4 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:25 AM

Frodo, I tried to find, but didn't find any. I forgot to mention about it in my initial post.

Tulac, you old heretic, watch out or I'll grill all the lemurs and eat them! :ok:
...70 years... LOL

#5 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:29 AM

Why does this remind me of the term Rock Opera?
Lemurs aren't tasty I'd drink a lot of prune juice or you'll have digestion problems. :ok:

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#6 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:40 AM

Looks like I need to come to Finland to see it then.   :ok:

Tulac, think of this as our version of the pickle and weasel combination!   :wall:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#7 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:56 AM

See you in Kuopio then, Frodo! :ok:
...70 years... LOL

#8 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:22 PM

Sounds intriguing, and interesting, wish I could see it.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#9 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:22 PM

I hate ballet.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#10 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:11 PM

Just think about it, heavy metal studs playing power chords, and two gay looking guys doing the piruet, oh man! :ok:

#11 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:32 PM

They dance on abrasive surfaces.

#12 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:10 PM

Seriously I want to see a video or pics of that!

#13 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:53 AM

I enjoy abrasive surfaces, I would enjoy video pics of these surfaces that are afore-mentioned abrasive.

#14 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:32 PM

From now on, how about we focus more on the metal ballet, and less on the above-referenced abrasive surfaces. It's rather off-topic.

I think metal ballet could be interesting, though I'm not sure I'd personally enjoy it. I'd like to see an example. I tend to like ballet, it's the metal that can get on my nerves - though if it were well-chosen, it would probably be cool.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#15 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:43 PM

What I read about it, was they have chosen rather easy metal to the performance, so I guess most of you might enjoy. Knowing a little of your music taste (or better said what you could listen) I know you would, Tai. Can't remember the bands anymore, though... I guess Stratovarius was one. *goes finding out if the newspaper still here somewhere*

Immediate edit: Found some info from net. Black Sabbath, Velcra and Apocalyptica are at least in the show.
...70 years... LOL