119 replies to this topic

#31 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:11 PM

OK, obviously I've got slightly smaller thumbs, then...:)
(This was also typed with thumbs, by the way).

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#32 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:13 PM

Thing with typing blindly with only your thumbs, is that you won't have any reference as to where which key is, so it's easy to accidentally type the wrong letter, unless you're looking at your keyboard (which I normally don't do, so only found it fair not to do so while typing with only my thumbs, as it'd be the same typing then, but with only thumbs)

#33 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 05:51 PM

Glad to hear your having a good time,  :bye: hope there are many more of those. :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#34 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:22 AM

Yay!!!!!!!
Glad to hear your having funz! And everything went ok with everyones fav lil  :) :bye:

#35 Puffin

Puffin

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 11:27 AM

That's great :) Glad you're having a great time!!
*hugs*
user posted image
©Kiddiarni

#36 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:10 AM

taikara, on Nov 3 2005, 09:53 AM, said:

Tom lives right next to a castle that is no longer there, that used to be the King of Trondheim/Norway (he thought maybe both, but wasn't sure, hehe). So we're going to investigate that, as well as the Norway Folk Museum in Trondheim, which is also very close.
Finally remembered to dig some info and it was as suspected. Sverresborg was the place and king Sverre was - as already mentioned - king of Norway. The museum is right by the ruins. And why I revived this thread - is that I'd like to ask Tom to translate "Bymarka".

Btw, I was watching weather reports this morning and it looks like you're getting wet snow from the skies... :)
...70 years... LOL

#37 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:26 PM

Thanks, Juni, and everyone :)

A little update:

It's starting to get a little colder than my Floridian blood can handle... I typically go out bundled in about 6 layers, and look like a Russian housewife, hehe.

I've got a little bit of a cold due to the weather, but it's no biggie :bye:

Let's see...I should probably mentioned that Tom lives on top of the highest hill/mountain in Trondheim, and every time we go into the city, up and down the hill we go... and it's a bit much for someone who comes from a state that is pretty much completely flat, but I haven't died yet.

It's extremely gorgeous here. We've been out walking pretty much every day, and have managed to get a couple interesting pictures, hopefully a few more, but it's difficult, as Tom's digital camera has very limited memory :P

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want to bring home as souvenirs for my friends and family... I've been thinking about a cheese rake for my mom, as it's just weird, and we don't really have them in the US that I've seen.

I've cooked a few times since I've been here, though it's kind of stressful buying ingredients in a store in which I can't read the labels to make sure what I'm buying is really what I need, hehe.

Anyway, Tom and I get along incredibly well, and we're having a great time.

Oh... and I now have a raging addiction to Nugatti... that stuff is just freaking awesome... I'm bringing home at least three tubs of it. ;)
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#38 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:27 PM

cheese rake?
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#39 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:28 PM

Cold? COLD?
Bah. It can't be cold yet. Now, you wait until you go out in the snow at night in -21*c, THEN you'll be cold.
I only had 2/3 layers on at the time, I believe.
But 6? This early?
user posted image
Meep?

#40 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:30 PM

Sounds like good exercise, that mountain :bye: 's Good to hear you two're getting along fine, too. Keep us up-to-date, and don't forget to post pics now and then :)

#41 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:31 PM

Well maybe considering she lives in a warm climate dude :) , it's understandable to be cold, heck I'm cold at times here and -21*c *yawn* that's it, try -40 *c dude then we'll talk. :bye:

Glad to hear it's all going well for ya Tai, hope it continues to go well. ;)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#42 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:31 PM

Well, another great souvenir from Norway to bring home for your friends and family would be paper clips. They're cheap, won't be too heavy to carry home and they're a Norwegian invention. Just buy a box of those and that'll be your Christmas shopping for the year.:)
OK, maybe not.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#43 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:33 PM

DeathDude, on Nov 8 2005, 10:31 PM, said:

Well maybe considering she lives in a warm climate dude :) , it's understandable to be cold, heck I'm cold at times here and -21*c *yawn* that's it, try -40 *c dude then we'll talk. :bye:

Glad to hear it's all going well for ya Tai, hope it continues to go well. ;)
At -40 Yer nose freezes up :P
must try it sometime. Anyone up North willing to take me in sometime in December? :P

Well, good to hear Norway's fun. Fundy fun...
user posted image
Meep?

#44 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:37 PM

Well freezes up sure ya could say that, plus your skin burns. :bye: Ah such memories, here's hoping for it again this January. :)

#45 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:38 PM

@Beef: a cheese rake is used to... well, rake cheese, :). It's ingenious, actually. Perfect slices of cheese from a block, every time (if you can manage to do it right, anyway).

I should mention that it's hell typing on a Norwegian keyboard (on a laptop, no less) when you're used to an American keyboard.

I'll see if we can post some piccies (we took this gorgeous one from a bridge... a lot of the scenery around here looks like it's straight from an adventure game), but for now, I give up on the keyboard.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!