#31 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:56 PM

DeathDude, on Nov 1 2005, 03:05 PM, said:

Which is very unfortuante when leaders thing soldiers are just expandable.
I hope you mean expendable... most militaries frown upon it when their soldiers expand in mass...

#32 Stebbi

Stebbi

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:22 PM

DakaSha, on Oct 31 2005, 10:19 PM, said:

edit: hmm.... although the american armed forces arnt THAT large so 2000 does put a small dent in thier strength
aren't that big? :P
they got many bases in many countries... i dont think they are smaller than any other country army.

:P  like i always say ...just blow them up......well.. if you would always do as i say then a lot of ppl would be dead.... but still blow them up :P

#33 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:23 PM

I think he meant the forces in Iraq. Could be wrong though.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#34 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:57 PM

no i meant the american armed forces.... they ARE NOT that large no matter what they make it out to be. they used over 75% of what they had in the Gulf War.

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#35 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:13 PM

The US army is currently the second largest army in the world with 1,427,000 active troops, in comparison the largest army in the world is People's Liberation Army (China, duh) with 2,250,000 active troops.

#36 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:21 PM

Woah China has so little active troops? And they're like 4 times larger than the USA...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#37 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:25 PM

Well in the U.S it's all volunteer it's not mandatory to join the army, least not anymore.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#38 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:27 PM

Yeah that makes it even more surprising to see that China has so little active troops...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#39 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:29 PM

Yeah I agree with ya, I could've sworn the number was much much larger.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#40 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:32 PM

The communist regime is probably hiding the real number or something, though that could go for the US too (except the communism bit ofcourse)...

#41 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:40 PM

China's army, at present, is only peacekeeping/pacifing areas of their country, not far away fighting wars, so they don't need that many troops.  Doubtless, if any serious opponent declared war upon them, they could call up many million more.
IPB Image

#42 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:48 PM

They wouldn't have problems with men, but with equipment...

#43 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:56 PM

They have an enormous productive capcity, it wouldn't take to long for therm to turn some of the factories manufacturing consumer goods into armaments factories.  In fact, I'd be suprised if the government didn't already have a plan on how to do this if war happened.
IPB Image

#44 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 05:00 PM

Stroggy, on Nov 1 2005, 04:13 PM, said:

The US army is currently the second largest army in the world with 1,427,000 active troops, in comparison the largest army in the world is People's Liberation Army (China, duh) with 2,250,000 active troops.
sure but when your the USA that aint alot :P

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#45 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 05:39 PM

Most countries could call on a lot more soldiers. The Swiss, for example, can call on just about all of their people to fight if there is a war, as they are all trained to do so. IIRC everyone there (even women) does quite a lot of time in National Service, but I might be wrong.

2000 is a really small amount compared to 1,427,000 though. I think that they got lucky considering that they had to bribe the Iraqi Air Force. The Iraqi Army semeingly couldn't be bothered either.

Also, the thing that the current media seems to be completely ignoring is that the Americans actually put Saddam into power. Oh well...