#106 Don Andy

Don Andy

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:33 AM

DeathDude, on May 18 2006, 06:34 AM, said:

And which game is that? I'm guessing the new zelda game?
Pretty much hate to admit it, but that was the reason I bought the Gamecube and that would be a reason for me to buy the Wii (OK, they're releasing two versions, but I was planning to get a Wii anyway. Just three letters: SSB).

And despite people saying the GC was a failure, I must say that I had loads of fun with the games I got (well, most of them), especially in Multiplayer. And fun is what it's all about in gaming for me.

And innovation of course. Nintendo has both.

And before I get called fanboy, the GP32 from Gamepark (and its followers) was also pretty innovative at their time, too. It may not be the first Open Source Handheld, but I still use it for emulation and a bit music. I really have to get a GP2x....
I'm on vacation for 3 weeks from now on (26.06.2006)

#107 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:41 AM

Blood-Pigggy, on May 17 2006, 11:28 PM, said:

THE MARKET IS THE POINT HERE.
/cut
So by your point Linux is also a special market and therefore only the PCs with Windows are the actual PC market, cause you run a different OS, just like the Mac (now) has the only difference in OS?
By classicification Mac is a PC, so are the PCs with Linux and Windows...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#108 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:50 AM

I have to agree with Tulac there. Also I'm sure Mac would -like- to be in a seperate market, but they surely aren't.

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#109 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:15 PM

Ahh yeah the two version thing that's something that was surprising to see but makes sense when they kept mentioning it would be compatible with the wii remote.

I agree the gcn had some fun multiplayer games, like mario tennis, golf, heck any of the nintendo sports games, soul calibur 2, time splitters, and many more, still though compared to some of the n64 games which were more memorable, all around the gcn just didn't get the job done.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#110 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 10:57 PM

Yeah  have to agree the GC did have some pretty fun multiplayer, but I hardly ever did multiplayer so that doesn't really affect much...for me :P