5 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:06 AM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + Download

#2 LordHart

LordHart

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:41 PM

One thing that also must be mentioned is the steering of the character. Space Quest: Replicated is sofar one of the few AGI games in which the character can move in 8 directions.

I just wanted to point out that all AGI games have the ability to go in 8 directions. The only thing different is that this game includes separate views associated with those directions (the diagonal views/directions), instead of just defaulting to the side view like all other AGI games.

#3 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 06:14 PM

The AGI games don't feature those diagonal views as a standard, though, which makes this game's 8-directional walking a unique feature.

#4 LordHart

LordHart

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:52 PM

Kon-Tiki, on Jun 19 2005, 06:14 PM, said:

The AGI games don't feature those diagonal views as a standard, though, which makes this game's 8-directional walking a unique feature.
Yes, but the review is making it out to be that AGI games cannot move in 8 directions, when in actuality they can. Thats the point i'm making out. The ability to use separate views than just the default side views that all other AGI games usually revert to when walking diagonally is of course a new feature, but the review doesn't state that.

Do you see my point?

#5 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:47 PM

I do, and that is enough :)

*runs off to edit*

Fixed. ;)

Edited by Tom Henrik, 20 June 2005 - 02:54 PM.

Yo!

#6 auhsor

auhsor

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 05:13 PM

Yo! I thought this game was great. It replicated (hehe) the SQ world very well and it actually felt like a SQ game. The only problem is probably it's length, but as it's fan made, thats understandable.

Reply to this topic