41 replies to this topic

#1 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:34 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

#2 Aramazon

Aramazon

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:46 AM

Hello, I just wanna know if this game is really that gory, cause it sounds like a good game and i'd like to try it. Can someone give an example of a disturbing brutal murder in the game?

#3 abandonion

abandonion

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:47 PM

Gore? Animated stabbing, with blood, blood stained bodies, close up of a murder victim. Not super gory but gorier than most adventure games. :)

#4 TheVoid

TheVoid

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:29 AM

abandonion, on Jun 26 2005, 08:47 PM, said:

Gore? Animated stabbing, with blood, blood stained bodies, close up of a murder victim. Not super gory but gorier than most adventure games. :)
This, plus a whole lot of mutilated limbs. Just don't play it at midnight with storm outside and lights out, and you'll be fine. Great atmosphere.
God Shave the Queen!

#5 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:43 AM

Yeah, this game was great. A little short on interactivity though. I like it when I can manipulate just about everything.

#6 aiwaman

aiwaman

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:48 PM

This game looks great and I would really like to play it. But there is a problem.
I downloaded it and configured the game with the setup but when i start 5days.exe a window as big as the screen appears and it's black. So I can only hear the music. And the only way to close this window is thru the task manager.
Please help. :)

#7 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:31 PM

DOSBox is the key methinks - check out the Utilities section :)
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#8 allen

allen

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:54 PM

Try using the file called "winsetup.exe" and select "Run in a window instead of full screen" and "640x400". This'll make it run in a window, and make it big enough to play.

That is, if you WANT to play it under windows  :)

#9 aiwaman

aiwaman

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:59 PM

Thanks for the suggestions but none of them work. Dosbox doesn't start the game at all. When I played it in windowed mode a screen did appear. It was a car and text. but it would refesh only if I move the window around with my mouse. So after the intro when the New game and Load game buttons appear I can't do anything because the game doesn't recognize the mouse so I can't press any of the buttons.  :)

#10 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:44 PM

Why would one use DOSbox to run a Windows game?

#11 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:32 PM

Oops, that's a good question - I thought it was a DOS game. Sorry.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#12 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:32 AM

BeefontheBone, on Jul 5 2005, 08:32 PM, said:

Oops, that's a good question - I thought it was a DOS game. Sorry.
  :)

#13 Godteri

Godteri

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:37 PM

Its scary, indeed.

It did not scare the crap outta me, but it caused some scaryness.

When i DID get scare was when playing 7 days a sceptic, after that, I was scared to go outside at night......

I daresay the 18 years reccomendation should be followed......

#14 HackSlacka

HackSlacka

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:43 PM

Argh, There seems to be some sort of bug in day 3, I read all of the books, but nothing seems to happen.

I checked the walkthrough, and he is supposed to say "Well, if i found matthew's body..." Right?

:)

#15 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:56 PM

Heres what to do on day three.. found it on google.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

DAY  THREE

[052]  Return to the dining room.  The picture seems a little bit different again ? but the significance of this is again questionable!

[053]  Talk to Phil who is sitting there.

[054]  Continue W? and into the garden.  Jim is there looking at a red car which has mysteriously appeared there.  It?s Trilby?s car which he left at the front of the mansion!

[055]  Open your car and take the lockpicks from inside it.

[056]  Use the lockpicks on the toolshed and enter.

[057]  Take the pickaxe.

[058]  Take the two-man wood saw.

[059]  You can try using the saw to cut down the tree ? but that?s not a one-man job (not essential!).

[060]  Return to the house and go upstairs.

[061]  Use the lockpick on the locked door to the right of the library.  It still won?t open.  ?Probably a dead bolt on the other side?.

[062]  Use the lockpick on the locked door to the right of the previous one.

[063]  This door opens ? so enter.

[064]  Open the wardrobe.

[065]  Take the green book from inside the wardrobe.

[066]  Read the book.  It is the unhappy diary of Sir Roderick DeFoe with entries dated around the early 19th century.

[067]  It would seem to be Sir Roderick?s room.  Notice the weird scratch marks under the window (not essential!).

[068]  Open the window.

[069]  Climb out onto the external window ledge.

[070]  Perhaps you can reach the window to the E? and gain entry to the locked room?

[071]  Maybe the tree or its branches are in the way?

[072]  Leave the room and enter the library.  Jim is there.

[073]  Talk to Jim.  He offers to help and Trilby agrees.

[074]  Wherever Trilby goes now, Jim follows him.

[075]  Exit the library, go downstairs, and out to the tree in the garden ? Jim following all the time.

[076]  Use the saw ( see [058] and [059] ) on the tree.  You succeed in cutting it down now since it?s a two-man job and you?ve got Jim to work the other end.

[077]  Return to the house, up the stairs and back into Sir Roderick?s room.

[078]  Tell Jim to wait for you in the library and climb out of the window again.

[079]  Now there are no branches or tree to hinder you, but how can you make it to the other window?

[080]  Look at the roof.  No apparent help there.

[081]  Notice a loose tile in the roof.

[082]  Use your grolly (grappling hook launcher) on the loose tile and swing yourself over to the other window.

[083]  Enter the room and look around.

[084]  Take the Victorian-era teddy bear from the bed.

[085]  Open the nightstand.

[086]  Take the red book ? young Matthew DeFoe?s secret diary.

[087]  Read the sad diary.

[088]  You now leave Matthew DeFoe?s bedroom by opening its door (You don?t/can?t use the window any longer).

[089]  Go into the library.

[090]  See [042].  If you haven?t done so earlier, take a book on the ?History of the DeFoe Family?.

[091]  Make sure that you have read the green, red and blue books, and also the cutting Phil gave you, and the newspaper.

[092]  If you haven?t obtained and read ALL of the above, then do so now.

[093]  Trilby will say ?Maybe if I could find Matthew?s body?.  ?Maybe there?s a book in the library that could help?.

[094]  Enter the library.  Look at the row of black colored books at the extreme right and second row down.  ?Books on the occult (White Magic)?.

[095]  Take one of these black books (in inventory it?s white!).

[096]  Read the instructions in it, i.e. how to find Matthew?s body by making and using a ?Matthew DeFoe-detector?!

[097]  You need a teddy bear ( see [084] ), a wooden twig ( see [021] ), and some extension cord ( see [015] ).  If you haven?t got every one of these, get them now!

[098]  In inventory, use the extension cord with the teddy bear.

[099]  In inventory, use the above combination with the wooden twig/stick.

[100]  Go to the kitchen.  

[101]  Look low down and to the left of the cooker and see a large bag of salt.

[102]  Dip your  ?teddy tied to a stick with cord? into the salt.

[103]  In inventory, look at your ?salty bear + stick? ? it doesn?t seem to be doing anything!

[104]  Go to Matthew DeFoe?s bedroom.

[105]  Wave the ?salty bear + stick? over Matthew?s bed.  You have now completed your  ?Matthew DeFoe-detector?.

[106]  Look at your ?Matthew DeFoe-detector? in inventory.  It instructs you to walk downwards.

[107]  Repeat [106] until it leads you to some destination.

[108]  It seems to have led you to the kitchen.

[109]  Perhaps the wall?  But you can?t do anything with your bare hands!

[110]  Use your pickaxe ( see [057] ) on the wall.

[111]  It opens up a large hole.  

[112]  Apparently there?s a bricked up stairwell behind the wall.  Enter the hole and into a cellar.

[113]  Look at the manacles/chains (not essential!).

[114]  It seems that Matthew?s body is somewhere in that cellar.  Use your ?Matthew DeFoe-detector?.

[115]  This may be a bit inaccurate but it will lead you to a point in the floor where the indicator is pointing straight downwards.  (If you can?t find it, walk to the following position :- There are 3 straight horizontal parallel lines on the floor stretching from the E? wall.  Go to the W? end of the most S? of these 3 lines.  That?s the place.)

[116]  If you now look at the floor at or near that point, it will now highlight an ?area? where Matthew?s body lies.

[117]  Get Trilby to ?operate? on that area.

[118]  He uncovers not only the body of young Matthew, but also the body of an older man; presumably Sir Roderick.

[119]  He hears a loud crash which sounds as though it came from the other side of the house.

[120]  Go back to the kitchen and then E? all the time until you reach the trophy room. [121]  Look at the smashed bell jar and the undamaged hideously ugly wooden idol on the floor there.

[122]  Touch the idol.  This sparks off another dramatic scene bringing about ????.

Have you done all of that?

Edit: Changed colour to white to make it less visible - AJ

Edited by A. J. Raffles, 04 November 2005 - 07:00 PM.

Me>You

Reply to this topic