62 replies to this topic

#16 Sapper8

Sapper8

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:13 AM

You know, Nosferrath I had the same problem :) , dll missing or something. I had dx8.0, whitc is the requirement, but only after downloadin dx 9.0c from microsoft homepage I got it to work. anyone up for some deathmatches or ctfs or somethin.

#17 Nosferrath

Nosferrath

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 02:27 PM

Thanks  :). I'm gonna try that.

#18 Apothecary

Apothecary

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:53 PM

tis an awsome game except for the freaking registration pop-up! glad they changed it. hehehe.  :)

#19 Sharp

Sharp

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:48 PM

Barret-*twiggy* eh.... i happen to be one of those :)

nah jk. I feel like im quite good with all the weps, though ruger gives me a bit of trouble.

What pisses me off about Soldat, is the fact that 9/10 games you have a wanker who cheats. And also when you vote them off, unless there is an admin on the server, they just come right back on to continue cheating.

Also some type of name registration wouldnt be too bad, its a good thing there arent a lot of Sharp's playing Soldat, but apparently the number 1 by CSports.net in soldat is, Soldier. And there are generally 50 odd of em playing at once.

#20 MrBackAlleySka

MrBackAlleySka

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:30 AM

Heh....Soldier is the default name...for when you slip right into play without setting a player name or anything, it gives you the name Soldier....

#21 Sapper8

Sapper8

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:19 PM

Btw barret *twiggy* is a heavy name, barret-tard is the official title of all of those ppl, who HS u(including me ;) ) I've played it all over a year... there's no point of registering, whoa diffrent color jet flames, a star next 2 ur name... most of the registered ppl have dl-d sum1 else's regs... and last... the mp3 player is utterl useless... u can just listen 2 music with winamp or whatever ur using... I personally love the original music of the game. Finally I'd like 2 say it's a good game, I gave it a 5, good luck Marcinovski :) .
PS! if u can find a Diablo[EST], that's me.

#22 Sharp

Sharp

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:14 PM

Well, im just plain ol Sharp

though you'l find me by realising your head has gone missing or there is a knife sticking out of you.

However, i seem more hooked onto Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory now.

*Shot*

"medic"

"danke"

*Shot*

"I need a medic"

"danke scher"

*shot*

you get the idea.

#23 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:21 PM

I have just downloade this and man... it's a work of genius.

Hehehey I like the Barrett, it's a great weapon. The hunting rifle is good, but it needs a few more shots per clip. The reason that I don't really like it is that you can kill a maximum of two people per clips... you can kill 10 with a Barrett clip and they're pretty much guarunteed.

#24 Sharp

Sharp

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 08:45 PM

Hunting rifle is deadly if used well, 1 head and a bodyshot to kill, 3 body shots to kill, incredibly quick reload time.

Barret takes ages to reload and to fire next round, miss with a barret and you can enter a world of hurt, miss with a ruger, youve got 3 more shots to use, not to mention it takes less then a second to reload it to fire another 4 round grouping.

The advantage a barret has over the ruger is that it kills in one hit (unless target has body armour) and definitly one headshot kill, also that it is incredibly accurate, one of the reason why it is still used in realisitic mode is that it is the only gun (bar grenade launcher) which has got the same accuracy and can kill in one hit, however other guns are far more deadlier in realistic mode then normal, you get more sprayers in realstic.

Negative points for the barret are the long refire time and the longer reload time, however the reload time is slightly longer then the refire time which is more an emphasis on how long it does take to refire the barret.

A ruger player can easily kill a barret player if the barret misses the first shot, not to mention that the ruger can be more of a hit and hope weapon as the fast reloads and refire means you dont have to worry about missing too many shots, also a ruger can kill a barret player if they get the first shot accuratly, when a barret player gets shot at, it devestates thier accuracy and can lead to death unless they get a lucky shot.

#25 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:38 AM

True, but only on Realistic mode. Otherwise you can snap-shot a totally accurate shot. Plus, a Barret can kill a whole row of people, like a Railgun. I've done this more than once, so it wasn't a fluke.

Also, a Barret player still has a secondary weapon and, if need be, grenades to help them.

My prefered loadout is a SPAS-12 (or MP5) and a LAW. Anyone else's?

Oh and my fave map is Nuubia... obviously.

#26 Sharp

Sharp

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 09:54 AM

Doesnt matter what mode you play, the more you get shot at, the more badly your aim goes while getting shot, also sucks as your own team members seem to do really well in making you miss loads of shots.

Its hard to get a barret to kill multiple people, when it goes through another person it deals less damage and slows down, generally you can kill the first person, and the second person if they have half health or less, for 3 people you need to be very lucky, or be getting some lucky headshots as well.

Originally my fave loadout was Desert Eagle and Law, it was fun lawing people and desert eagles where extremly good at killing.

I generally use Barret and Combat Knife, and sometimes i might swap the knife for a dropped Barret, but I do like my knife, very handy gun, and super in pred mode. Socom isnt a bad 2ndary wep, works quite well on Beserker unlike the barret which doesnt make a lot of difference.

However now I seem to be swapping between Barret and Knife, or Desert Eagle and Knife, depends on the situation really.

Fave Map is either CTF-B2B, or CTF-Kampf

#27 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 12:30 PM

Anyone else think that the Steyr needs toning down?

#28 Sapper8

Sapper8

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:02 PM

Barret and USSOCOM, they make an excellent team, I've killed multiple ppl with that, but I mostly hit the first guy with a barret and whoever comes next eats some rounds of USSOCOM.

#29 Sharp

Sharp

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 08:13 AM

Depending on the server as well depends on the wepons used. Servers which have the special items then i tend to use desert eagles and knife, its so fun going into beserker mode and doing one shot kills.

Also when I play realistic with advance mode then I pray to get Desert Eagles as they dont have that bad a kick and they pack a nice punch, though USSOCOM works really well in realistic.

#30 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 08:47 AM

Eugh Advance mode. I just play Realistic, otherwise it's not that fun.

Reply to this topic