53 replies to this topic

#16 nefffffffffff

nefffffffffff

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:50 PM

where exactly is the crane key in ep. 1?

#17 Don Andy

Don Andy

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:57 PM

If I recall it right, it lies

next to the dead guard in the showers. The one right below one of the showers, leaning against the wall. Lower part of the screen.

The shower were you met the first zombie. But the lower row of showers, not the
upper one.

I overlooked the item my first time, too.

EDIT: Easier to explain with spoilers.
I'm on vacation for 3 weeks from now on (26.06.2006)

#18 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:15 PM

Heh, was just about to edit that spoiler in :ok:
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#19 Don Andy

Don Andy

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:22 PM

Now you kind of crappified my post (is that even a word?). :(

I didn't even consider the first part a spoiler.

Edit:
Nevermind, fixed it, sorry for this utter useless post  :ok:
I'm on vacation for 3 weeks from now on (26.06.2006)

#20 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:48 PM

What kinds of puzzles does this have?
Like can somebody give me a example? I don't like games where the puzzles don't make any sense.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#21 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:58 PM

There's not really any "puzzles," per say. It's more just figuring out where and when to use the items you pick up (of which there's not a whole lot). There's not a whole lot of challenging thought involved - the game more revolves around the progression of the plot, which, I must say, is quite good.

Example:

In the first episode, you need to use a wrench to open a panel to a crane, fix the broken gear belt with an old pair of pants, and use the crane key to move the box hanging from it over far enough so you can get to the control room above.

#22 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:40 PM

Don Andy, on Apr 25 2006, 07:22 PM, said:

Now you kind of crappified my post (is that even a word?). :ok:

I didn't even consider the first part a spoiler.
Yeah, it took me a while to get that sorted out - kept getting phone calls in the middle at work :(
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#23 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:42 PM

Is this the Metal Gear Solid kind of plot progression (lots of cinematics) or the kind where there's alot of talking and reading notes?

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#24 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:05 PM

I've never played MGS, so I wouldn't know exactly how that goes, but the game does make use of cutscenes in significant parts (mainly at the beginning and end of each episode, which are around 30-45 minutes in length). In the game itself, there's a lot of reading to further the plot - most of it's cryptic hints at 1213's origin and the background surrounding it. Try the first episode - it'll only take you 5 minutes to see if you like it. (and if you like it, you LIKE it...)

#25 nefffffffffff

nefffffffffff

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:07 PM

ok stuck again, ::sigh::

i've got the elevator key, as well as the control board, i just cant seem to figure out what to do with either of them.  i read this forum but couldnt find what you guys were talking about.  any help? a walkthrough would be awsome.

#26 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:48 PM

Ok, I'll write one. I still have to finish my Butterfly 660 and Gunner 3 reviews first, though, so no promises on when it'll be out.

Spoily stuff for nef:

Go to the room on the far right on the residential (green) level. Drop off the key and motor control circuit. Go to the blue level below the residential level via the elevator shaft, and explore there a bit. You'll find a console somewhere with two monitors that enables you to open the Maintenance zone (its the red area all the way at the bottom right of the blue level). Navigate that, and at the end, you'll recieve a passcode to get into the locked elevator control room (which is, incidentally, where you left the key and motor control circuit).

I think that's all right, but I could be wrong, since it's been a while since I played it. I'll try writing the walkthrough sometime later this week.

#27 nefffffffffff

nefffffffffff

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 10:57 PM

hmm. thank you for the hlep but i still cant find the passcode. am i just missing something glaringly obvious?

#28 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:42 PM

Have you tried using the elevator key on the console outside the elevator control room? In case you're still confused, it's the room to the far right of this screenshot.

And I made a mix-up in my previous post. The green level is the medlab level, not the residential level.

#29 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:51 PM

That was an hour of great fun, playing episode 1.

The only thing I find less then expected is music. Those RPG-maker MIDIs definatelly don't belong in SF-Horror game.  How about making a version with mp3 files?
One can always get mocked for being polite.

#30 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:55 PM

I'd be askin Yahtzee that, myself. :ok: But I must admit, he did do a great job of timing the music to the cutscenes. I suppose that since this game was more of an "experiment," he didn't want to take the time to make high-quality music. Mp3's would also dramatically increase the filesize, and a nice 4 MB is a *very* nice download for 56k-ers. (I know you guys are still out there :( )

Reply to this topic