53 replies to this topic

#1 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:40 AM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#2 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:40 AM

Sorry for the double post everybody, but I tried the game out after doing the update, and it's great! It reminds me a lot of Flashback and Another World and it has a great story (so far anyway).

Unfortunately I'm stuck in episode 2. I can't figure out what to do with the motor control circuit. Can anybody help me (I'm looking at you greywolforiginal :ok:).

#3 BeamSplashX

BeamSplashX

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:31 PM

Where do you find the code for the door to the first boss in Episode One? I found the shirt and... something else, can't remember what it was, but it's another item you have by that time...

#4 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:25 PM

Spoilers ahead:

It's a pair of trousers. You need to use the wrench on the box in the bottom of the screen, in the room with the crane. Then you need to use the trousers on the box to fix it. Then you need to use the crane key on the crane, which will make the box move and allow you to access the control panel in the top of the screen. Using the panel will make the ventilation grate on the first screen of the lower level open up, so you can access the computer in that room. The code is on the computer.

#5 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:10 PM

Flop, on Apr 24 2006, 04:40 AM, said:

Unfortunately I'm stuck in episode 2. I can't figure out what to do with the motor control circuit. Can anybody help me (I'm looking at you greywolforiginal :ok:).
I'd be glad to help... quoted for obvious spoily reasons:

At the far left of level 6 (green level), there'll be a dead end with a console inside a locked room beside a grey panel that looks suspiciously similar to the panel that you pulled the circuit out of in the first place. You don't need the screwdriver to open it - just use the action key, and stick the control circuit inside. That'll  fix the elevator, which you need to get to the upper level. Hope that helps.

#6 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:13 PM

Thanks greywolf. Very nice review btw, I enjoyed reading it. :ok:

Now, if only I could open that door you're talking about. :(

#7 Toxik

Toxik

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:15 PM

Can anyone help me with the two robots i the ep.3?Theyre in one corridor and theres no shadow so I dont know how to avoid them.

#8 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:21 PM

Flop, on Apr 24 2006, 03:13 PM, said:

Thanks greywolf. Very nice review btw, I enjoyed reading it. :(

Now, if only I could open that door you're talking about. :kosta:
Thank you - I have a feeling that won't be my last.  :ok: As for the door...

You have to go through the maintenance zone - it's red and you open it by the two-monitored console on one of the levels - I forget exactly which one. That will open the maintenance zone, and you can then proceed through it to get the passcode at the end, which will open the door. It might be that you pick up a keycard - I forget exactly (again), but I'm pretty sure it's a code because of the monitor at the end of the zone (you can see it on a ledge above where you enter the tunnels below).

Can anyone help me with the two robots i the ep.3?Theyre in one corridor and theres no shadow so I dont know how to avoid them.

You need to turn on a console *somewhere*. That will deactivate the lights so you can sneak past them.

#9 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 12:21 AM

Thanks for the help, I managed to work it out now. :ok:

#10 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:08 AM

No problem. Do you think I should write a walkthrough, now that we have the extras up? (and not just you, Flop :ok: - if anyone thinks I should, I'll consider it)

#11 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:41 AM

Sure, if you're up for it, I say do it. I'm sure a lot of people would benefit from it. I certainly would have, if you hadn't helped me out, and I still might, since I still haven't done the last episode.

#12 Icewolf

Icewolf

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:24 PM

I think this game will be very interesting...
Let's see when I have the time to play it!!!  :ok:
Are you the guys on the beach who hate everything...? Eww....
Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral or fattening.

#13 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:44 PM

Having played it in series since it was originally posted on Yahtzee's sites I think it was great at first but faultered toward the end. Probably because I couldn't be that damn boss. Doh! Even with my "ESC" glitch :ok:

The waits between each release were damn painful.

Great game, check it out!
Me>You

#14 MonkeyforaHead

MonkeyforaHead

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:20 PM

So has anyone here seen the alternate ending that's only accessible by going through the final episode twice?  I'd say it was well worth the time invested. :ok:

#15 Don Andy

Don Andy

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:44 PM

MonkeyforaHead, on Apr 25 2006, 05:20 PM, said:

So has anyone here seen the alternate ending that's only accessible by going through the final episode twice?  I'd say it was well worth the time invested. :<!--emo&:ok::-->Posted Image<!--endemo-->
I really didn't know what to expect, but afterall it was really funny. I would've been a bit annoyed if the playtime where a few hours, cause I wouldn't want to play the whole game again for that. But with the playtime being about 15-30 min. For average players it really is a good alternative ending.

Was a bit baffled though when it said "Code for the Food Court". I had to search a bit to actually find a console there ^^
I'm on vacation for 3 weeks from now on (26.06.2006)

Reply to this topic