164 replies to this topic

#151 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:03 PM

Tai was overacting her character a bit too much in order to appear being a Seer, at least that is what me and Wae thought.

it was clear youd be lynched anyways
Oh it was clear I wouldn't win when Wae was lynched so soon in the game... but I would have liked the draw the game on a bit, and 2 votes is too few to actually call a lynch in my opinion.

#152 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:07 PM

ooc: @Wae & Stroggy: Obviously, your clever plan failed :D  :bleh:

The Baroness smiles at DakaSha.

"It is I who should thank you for your trust, good sir. I know that I myself am a rather suspicious person."

She walks up to the now-slain beast and once again lays her hands on the paw, and drawing back.

"Yes..." she murmurs sadly, "this is the beast who has slain my husband."

She looks at the moon for a long while, and then speaks softly, "It is said that this beautiful thing causes madness, and it is too true. The weak of soul have so easily turned to it in hopes of gaining the strength they never had, and in so doing cursed themselves. Madness indeed."

She performs the same ritual as she did for the previous beast, tossing the purple flowers and the silver dagger beneath the werewolve's paws.

"May the souls of the victims rest in peace. Now poor Juni and my beloved have been avenged, and these poor fools have been given salvation from their curse."

The Baroness turns and walks slowly towards her estate. She has new seeds to sew in her garden now.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#153 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:09 PM

taikara, on Dec 21 2005, 02:07 PM, said:

ooc: @Wae & Stroggy: Obviously, your clever plan failed :D  :bleh:
We had a plan?

#154 Wae

Wae

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:10 PM

taikara, on Dec 21 2005, 01:07 PM, said:

ooc: @Wae & Stroggy: Obviously, your clever plan failed :w00t:  :bleh:
Hey, atleast we were among the ones that took the roleplay very seriously, so ofcourse our characters had to be a little messy

(ofcourse you took as well)

but just wished to point out :D

stroggy (and we did stroggy, it just failed due to the lack of it :D
Not worth it...

#155 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:11 PM

Stroggy, on Dec 21 2005, 12:48 PM, said:

Well this is what I said to Wae in one of the PM's in which we were thinking of who we should kill first:

Baroness Taelin von Gherghin hints at being a werewolf herself, but we obviously know better than that. She could be a seer, we could use her own game against her by igniting suspicion... which could be her plan. It is possible she is playing this charade in order to make herself seem useful to us
That sounds like a plan to me :D You should have probably killed me the first night, as I nailed both of you behind the scenes.

Edit: I was far from the only one overacting my part :bleh: You both were pretty obviously the werewolves. The only reason I was unsure was because I at first thought it could be Wae and then either Daka or Stroggy. After the first lynching, I realized it was Stroggy.
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
doodoodoo!!!

#156 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:14 PM

ooc- heh tai... ask DD... it freaked me out that you had said:

The smith, the herbalist and the scholar can help you whether they believe or not...

and then Juni dies... and then you wantes the herbalist dead... kinda far fetched but i was wonderin :bleh:

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#157 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:17 PM

Dakasha, I think you can stop using ooc now :bleh:

taikara, on Dec 21 2005, 02:11 PM, said:

behind the scenes.
Never trust a woman... then again I was doing some behind-the-scene scheming as well I must admit.

#158 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:19 PM

i guess i could... :D

yeah stroggy i edited one of my older posts... i dont think you saw it:

i WAS PMing like mad... so why did you smell like vomit? did the killing make you sick? :bleh:

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#159 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:23 PM

DakaSha, on Dec 21 2005, 02:19 PM, said:

so why did you smell like vomit?
Pit, the goat, was sick.

#160 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:25 PM

ooc: It's probably a bit unfair for me to play a game like this, as I'm fairly decent at reading behavior. My primary major in uni was Sociology (focus on social psychology - group interaction, behavior, and perceptives). That background makes it somewhat easier to determine whether someone's lying or not.

@Daka: I was mostly referring to the fact that people with certain lore knowledges would be the most helpful.

For the record, my character's "power" is the ability to sense souls, and heal them - with the premise that sickness is caused by an imbalance in the soul, and since she can feel them, she can manipulate their energies, to an extent. Obviously, in the case of werewolves, it's too severe an imbalance to heal. Since I would have known if DD was a werewolf, I used the fact that he had written the scene in which I touched his shoulder as an excuse to put absolute trust in him. If I had died, you would have received a note bequeathing my estate to him.
doodoodoo!!!

#161 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:40 PM

Indeed the way your character Strogg was acting I knew something was up as it was playing along, especially when bam you basically turned face at the first warewolf killing, alarms went off in my head.

And for sure I thought Tai was the seer for awhile like Daka because of that comment about the Juni, the herbalist and such, good bit of posting all around though by everyone. :bleh:

Was hoping on revealing that I was a ranger soon, possibily by being angered by someone pulling out a sword or being discovered of hiding something, but oh well no matter.

Trevor walked over to the baroness and Daka, "Well this nightmare is finally over." Trevor smiles heading over to Daka "My friend it was a pleasure working with you." Trevor shakes his hand and bends down to pet the dog once again "May our paths cross again in the future."

Trevor walks over to Taelin "Milady for your courage and insight into all this you deserve a lot of the praise." Trevor kisses her hand "You have demonstated much knowledge these last two nites, and you have aided me as well." Trevor smiles as he pulls a sword from his coat "Thanks to your healing, my shoulder has regained some of it's strength, and I may go back to my former profession, as a ranger." Trevor says looking out to the distance.

He looks back as she nods, she knew all along about his former job as a ranger, somehow she knew "May our paths cross once again, for I feel your knowledge and expertise would be useful to discuss, keep on reading Taelin, let your knowledge expand even further." Trevor nods to her

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#162 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:51 PM

Stroggy, on Dec 21 2005, 01:23 PM, said:

DakaSha, on Dec 21 2005, 02:19 PM, said:

so why did you smell like vomit?
Pit, the goat, was sick.
:bleh:

ok nevermind :D

Posted Image

#163 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:59 PM

My work here is done, good people. It is time for me to move on. Sadly I was only able to sense Wae as a werewolf, when Juni died. But both werewolves are dead now, and Juni has been avenged.

I must thank both Taelin and Hector for choosing so wisely on the second night. And all of you for never lynching an innocent. I have gained a lot of respect for this town.

Tonight, we shall celebrate in the tavern, and for once... I will buy the beer for everyone.

*Sigurd makes a note to see Taelin the next night, for she has shown a vast amount of knowledge and insight. Had it not been for her, more innocent people would've died.*

OOC: Yup, me be the seer. My first dream nailed Wae as one of the werewolves. Pretty fun, since all I did was to roll a 12-sided die :bleh:

Yo!

#164 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 02:01 PM

Yay! I was right!

#165 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 02:15 PM

Alright. Now that Tom has revealed that he was the seer I'll give you the results that I've kept a tap on:

Deathdude
Juni Ori KILLED N2
Dakasha
Tom: Seer
Tai
DonCorleone
R Havell: Original Seer
Sean
Wae: werewolf LYNCHED D2
Stroggy: werewolf LYNCHED D3
Danny

Seer dreams:

N1 Wae
N2 DonCorleone
N3 Havell

Werewolf kills:

N2 Juni

Votes:

Round 1:
Wae: 1 (Tom)
Tom: 1 (Dakasha)
DonCorleone: 1 (Stroggy)
Stroggy: 1 (DonCorleone)

Round 2:
Wae: 7 (Tom, Dakasha, DeathDude, Danny, Sean, Stroggy, Havell)
Danny: 2 (DonCorleone, Wae)

Round 3: Stroggy: 2 (Tai, Havell)

@Stroggy: Wae wouldn't have been killed on the first day, even with the new rule. It would've been a tie. However, I'm still not sure whether the new rule was a good idea or not. The point of having it, was to increase the likelihood that a lynching would occur every day. There are other ways to do this, and we should probably discuss that before beginning a new game.

I did kind of panic when I realised that there was ten minutes left of the day turn and it was clear that Stroggy would be lynched with only two votes out of 9. It didn't seem quite fair to end the game like that, but unfortunately only two people voted and it was a bit late to change the rules. I would still prefer a rule that forces all of the players to vote, but then again I never anticipated that the rpg element of the game would take up as big a part of the game as it did.

This is my first time modding a werewolf game, and it's definitely my first time seeing one in which the deduction part seemed to take a backseat to the roleplaying. I'm still very happy with the way it turned out, though, since it seems like everybody enjoyed the roleplaying immensely (I know I did :bleh:). I would like to try to play in a game like this, but at some point I'd like to try to mod a more deduction-oriented game, without the roleplaying, as they are two completely different experiences.

Edit: But I'd like to hear any criticism/suggestions of the rules and game in general. People who didn't participate in the game but followed it are welcome to join in the discussion, of course. :D
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.