#1 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:54 AM

Alright people, it looks like we're ready to go. :tai:

The basic rules can be found in the first post of this thread (but all of you should know that already, since you signed up in that thread :unsure:).

The players are:

Juni Ori
Deathdude
Dakasha
Tom Henrik
Taikara
DonCorleone
R Havell
Sean
Wae
Stroggy
DannyMc252

That means that there are 12 of us (including me), so I've decided that we're gonna play with 2 werewolves. I was balancing between two and three, but eventually decided on two. We'll see how it works out. There's still only one seer, though. The werewolves and seer roles have been assigned by rolling a die, so it's completely random.

I also decided, contrary to what I posted in the rules thread, that a player isn't killed as soon as there's a majority, but only when the preset time limit for that turns runs out, and the mod declares the turn is over (give or take a few hours on the time limit, if the mod can't go online just then :bleh:). This should avoid the problem of people realising that they've been lynched, before they even got a chance of defending themselves.

When you're dead, you're not allowed to post anymore (except maybe just a final ARGH! or something to that effect), untill the game is over, where everyone will be free to post comments and discuss how the game went. Don't be sad if you die, since the odds are that most players will, eventually.

Edit: When a player is killed, it will be announced whether or not he was a werewolf, but not if he was the seer.

PM'ing is allowed. The werewolves will most certainly have to PM, to concert their efforts, and anyone else can PM as well. However, I do ask that the seer doesn't reveal his identity to anyone in a PM. He's allowed to do so in the game, of course, but that would make him a prime target of the werewolves.

Try to keep your posts in character. Of course, if you have any questions about the game, you're free to ask them. Preferably you can ask out of characters questions in italics. Also, if you vote for a lynching, please write the persons name in bold. The same applies if you retract a vote. This is just to make it easier for the mod. OMG

Anyway, without further ado, I hereby start the first night turn. PM's have been send out to werewolves and the seer, to inform them of their roles. If you haven't received a PM, you're a regular villager. The first day turn will start when I get confirmations from the werewolves, and the seer has PM'd me about who he wants to dream about.

It was a dark and stormy night, when the anxious villagers went to sleep. Howling had been heard in the hills and forests of the valley, and rumors said there was a werewolf abroad.

What would the night - not to mention the morning - bring?

Werewolves: No killing tonight. ^_^
Seer: PM me about who you want to dream about.
Everybody: Feel free to introduce your character, but remember that there will be no voting untill daytime.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#2 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:04 AM

Posted Image

First, to introduce my pawn

Posted Image

Strog van Daisyfield, the third son of an ancient land-owning family.
Strog inherited the lands when his entire family was felled by the Plague.
While heir to a sizeable amount of land, the Daisyfield name is worth little in monetary value as Strog's great-great-grandfather, Balter van Daisyfield, spent the family fortune on idle follies.
This fact does not seem to disturb the rather simple heir, as Strog had never even expected to inherit the lands at all; he thus continues his daily routine of tending his cattle and crops and dutifully goes to town each wednesday to sell his goods at very low prices.

Name: Strog van Daisyfield
Profession: Farmer/herdsman
Smells a bit like: old cheese, wool and pine.
Best friend: Pit: an old goat
virtues: humble, pious
vices: simple

The ancient Daisyfield coat of arms:

Posted Image

#3 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:26 AM

And my local smith:

Juni Smith, born 37 years ago as a second son of the smith. His elder brother was to inherit his father's position, but he was killed in plague. Juni had enlisted himself to mercenary army, but during his second campaign 15 years ago, he was summoned back to replace his elder brother, as they were only sons.
After years of apprenticeship, even though he already knew much, he finally was ready to replace his father. Which happened two years ago. Juni inherited the smithery and has became respected villager, whose smithery people tend to gather spending their free-time, because it always offers warmth and is almost center of the village.
He is quite massive in size, taller than most and sturdy by hard work and military history. He has grown full beard and keeps his blonde hair long. From his battles he has a long scar in his left cheek and several smaller scars from arrows in his torso.

Name: Juni Smith
Profession: Local smith
Virtues: Invaluable to village for his smithworks
Vices: Drunkard, short-tempered
Smells: Iron, smoke and old booze
...70 years... LOL

#4 Wae

Wae

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:14 PM

Posted Image

The herbalist of the village.
Know for his vast knowledge of herbs, diseases & plagues scouring the land,
along with the respect he had gained from the healing of the sick in this, & the other nearby villages, from the times when he still had enjoyed the travelling by a great deal.

He had also been known to be very old in his physical age for years now, although it was not because of his general appearance in public, but more-overly due to the rumors of his physical strenght & mentality weakening, that had been around the village for years now, & that some, but not many knew to be not far away from the truth.

But nevertheless he had always continued to wander around the village giving his advice & help to the ones that needed it, &, or his expressed contempt & scolds to those that he felt deserved them. For it was what he had always been known for loving to do, & what he would propably continue to do “till the very end of his life.

Name: Wae“lyn Fifthgarden
Profession: Herbalist
virtues: kind-spirited, helpfull
vices: judgementative, self-righteous
Not worth it...

#5 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:23 PM

Thunder echohed throught the night and a handful of villagers had taken shelter from the heavy wind and rain within the local tavern. Many chose to sleep here than return home as most were too afraid to venture out alone. A drunk man sang noisely in a corner of the tavern. He was seated upon a hard cold stone floor and yet showed no signs of discomfort. A look of pure happyness was all that could be seen within his eyes. Many wonder'd why. The man had very little money and worked locally as a carrier boy for heavy goods. He was far too old to be considered for the job that he had if he were to re-apply but his boss felt pity on him and couldn't quite bring himself to fire the drunk. The crippled 30 something sang his song every night within the tavern walls and this night was no different except he sang much louder than usual and this in combination with the werewolf crys had caused much tension within the tavern.

-----------------------------

Name: Tom Knurd
Smell: Drunk
Build: Muscular but aged.
Profession : Carrier Boy for heavy goods.
Virtues: None
Vices: Drunk. Ill-Educated
Me>You

#6 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:06 PM

Sigurd, the travelling minstrel, is a poor bard, who travels from town to town to spread joy (and hopefully earn a little cash and a free meal here and there).

Due to the heavy snowfall this winter, all the roads out of town are blocked, and he has been living in the local tavern for 2 months already. Here he performs every night, and has gotten to know the people very well during this time.

Name: Sigurd
Appearance: Slim and agile, with shoulder long blonde hair
Traits: Always have to be the center of attention

Yo!

#7 DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:01 PM

Davy Rackham, a destituted, literate aristocrat, who mostly broods about his books of his library, which is his only holding. His addlebraint kind and his cranky and wrinkled appearance prepare him the reclusion he needs for his studies. In addition to this he lives a little bit "off the beaten track" in a small hut.
Despite these facts he is very important to the villagers as his wisdom which seems to be old as the hills often solves problems of the every day life or any other special problems. He also knows a lot of myths widespread in the area of the village...
Another reason, why villagers tell a lot of spooky stories of him.
Some say he“s something like 120 years old (which is definately not right); others say he“s in league with the devil, although he never did something negative against the village or its dwellers...

Name: Davy Rackham

Smell: old books

Build: vulnerable

Profession: autodidact, intelectual, weirdo

Vices: books, books and books

Tonight - as always - Davy broods absorbed in thought about his books. He doesn“t blow his mind for a werewolf or something...
Loudicrously myths of the riffraff...

#8 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:13 PM

Trevor Mcloud lived the fast life from years gone by, traveling the dark murky roads, from  town to town, his role a ranger, to protect the innocent and strike down the evil, it was the thankless life he had chosen to do. Tales of his bravery were known across the land for years, unfortunately a mighty arrow one day found it's mark striking his shoulder and ending his ranger career, rather than risk continuation of this career, Trevor decided to start a new career where he took upon the book. Learning himself in vast material to become a scholar, yet he still yearns for the days of being a ranger....

Eventually tales of his bravery reached mention of the king, where he was offered a position as a king's guard, but he rejected the offer, due in part to his injury.

Still keeps his sword close to his heart, as a reminder of his former profession, which he yearns to return to one day...

Name: Trevor Mcloud

Appearance: Brown Hair, tall and muscular

Profession: Ex Ranger now Scholar

Traits: Quiet man at times but acts whenever there is trouble of sorts

Virtues: Kind, well spirited, serious

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#9 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:02 PM

Name: DakaSha

Profession: Wandering Druid in the last stage of his aprenticeship: The Forestwalking exam...

Smell: The Forest

Virtues: Loves and protects all nature, Very observant

Vices: Short-tempered, Can fall into a murderous trance like state when confronted with needless destruction of nature and/or slaying of any animal without good reason. (food, animal is rabid ect.)

Extra: Is very quiet and tends to observe before speaking his piece, has a large dog (Rottweiler) without a name(?). The dog seems to understand any command given by DakaSha by just looking in his eyes.

-DakaSha-
DakaSha had been wandering the beautiful forests of this splendid land for months now. His only companion was a large Rottweiler... Looking back on life the dog was the only true friend he'd ever had. Actually... he was more than a friend.

-The Village-
The stranger had entered the village 3 days ago donning an olive green cloak. He hadn't spoken to anybody except once to a child who had come to play with the black dog that was always on the strangers side. The dog was very friendly and seemed to enjoy the new company but was still very focused on his master... When asked what the man had said (the villagers were very nosy in any case and they were truly spooked by this stranger) the boy said something about loving nature but still fearing the moon. He was too young to really understand what the man had been trying to tell him. He said the man had seemed sad... His parents forbid him to approach the stranger again.

The stranger didn't seem to have any real reason to be in the village... He would sit around the village marketplace and just observe people all day. At night he'd get up and make camp in the forest outside the village. What he did there nobody knew.

The villagers were scared of the man but also intrigued... They allowed him to stay despite his quite anti-social behavior.

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#10 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:21 PM

Name: Daniel Nicholas Evans
Profession: Unknown, spends alot of time out hunting
Smell: Freshly cut grass

Virtues: Rational and calm, Good runner
Vices: Silent, Dislikes others in village

Physical Description: A rather tall welshman, with dark hair and piercing green eyes. He has a seemingly light build, being very thin.

Background: Has a hatred of many Englishmen, and tends to avoids them. However, he does live among them, having left his family years ago. He is often silent in many matters, bringing many to the conclusion he dosen't understand English. However, he is fluent in both English and Welsh. He has a single companion in like, his hunting hound "David".
user posted image
Meep?

#11 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:07 PM

OOC: Sorry guys, I've had some personal stuff to take care of this weekend.

Here goes:

Posted Image

Baroness Taelin von Gherghin

The recently widowed young Baroness is the source of many town rumors. Her older husband died tragically in a hunting accident, and was supposedly mauled by a bear. Many gossips suggest that his is not the case, since his actual body was seen by no one but the Baroness, and his manservant, who will not speak of the incident to anyone who asks. Whispers of foul play and witchcraft abound, but the less imaginative townfolk stamp on the mystery by stating that the body was in too poor shape to have a proper viewing, and the manservant is probably simply too traumatized to speak of the event.

The Baroness mainly keeps to herself and her estate, which does not help the rumors in her favor. She is considered eccentric, and though she does wear black in mourning, she wears brightly colored sashes when she travels to town, and can often be found carrying a bouquet of herbs and bright wildflowers. She is often reported as having a "strange, slight smile on her face," as though she knows something that others do not.

She is also known throughout the village as having a blessed touch - many villagers have brought sickly children to her door as a last resort to stave a fever, and have miraculously recovered within a few days of doing so. This encourages the rumors that she is a witch, and had something to do with her husband's death - or at least that she did not do all she could to heal him.

She is a very wealthy young woman due to her husband's untimely passing, and therefore does not have any need to remarry.

Name: Baroness Taelin von Gherghin
Smell: Herbs, grass, and wildflowers

Virtues: Is said to have healing powers.
Vices: Eccentric, and seems to have many secrets.

Physical description: Average height, pale complexion, dark hair, and blue eyes.

Edit: Fixed it up a bit, and added a synopsis.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#12 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:15 PM

Would that be morning as in 7am or mourning as in death and sadness?

:tai:

Nice description by the way... can we lynch her yet?Posted Image
Me>You

#13 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:26 PM

There is a blatant lack of working-class characters in this village, don't you think? And they're rather old as well - no-one under 22 so far. I bet the birth rate there is awfully low...:unsure:

Edit: All right. Sorry, Flop. But I can't really post in-character, as I'm not taking part in the game, you see...:tai:

Edited by A. J. Raffles, 17 December 2005 - 09:35 PM.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#14 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:30 PM

Please try to keep out-of-character posts to a minimum, untill the game is over. :tai:

Of course, a certain degree of OOC posts can be tolerated, but it's best if they also contain some in-character stuff, so the posts are not "in vain", so to speak, game-wise.

Edit: Alrighty, Havell still needs to post his character info, but I've got all the info needed to start the next turn so that's what I'm gonna do. :unsure:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dawn came at last, and with it the fears of the villagers were subdued for a time. When they rose from there beds and started going about their business a voice cried out:

"Wolves! They've been here!"

All the villagers rushed towards the sound of the cries, towards the inn. The front door had been all but broken down, and was scratched by what looked to be animal claws. A few paw prints were left in a nearby puddle of mud, but it was clear that they were too large to have been made by an ordinary wolf.

As the fears came creeping back, the villagers gathered to decide what must be done. Could there be a werewolf in their midst?

@everybody: Alright this is where you start discussing who should be lynched. You can only lynch one person per day. This day will end at 9 pm Gmt, tomorrow night, and if you haven't decided by then, no one will be lynched today.

@Havell: Feel free to post your background during the day, as well as taking part in the lynch discussion and general roleplay, of course. :bleh:
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#15 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:57 PM

The Stranger enters the village with his ever so present companion by his side. He walks to the door of the inn and starts to investigate. He commands his dog to sniff with a quick movement of his hand... but for the first time ever the dog is confused... it cannot seem to pick up a scent.

After his short investigation he sets himself across from the inn and watches all of the villagers who investigate the scene very closely... He seems worried.

The Rottweiler has a different look on his face then the previous days. Whenever a villager gets close he seems to become scared or aggresive.... or both

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2