164 replies to this topic

#16 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:17 PM

as out of character messages were supposed to be written in italics I'll just write normally if nobody minds

Strog came running down the cobbled road. As he tried to stop he slipped over the wet stones and landed on his back. Some of the citizens chuckled at the sight of the confused halfwit but most were too frightened by the recent revelation to mind the village fool, let alone laugh.

Strog scrambled back up with some difficulty.

"W-wolf!" he stuttered, "w-w-wolf!" he repeated.

"Yes, Strog, we seem to be dealing with a wolf" the village carpenter said.
"these don't look like ordinary wolf prints to me, Vladimir, more like werewolves!" replied one of the older villagers, to which some of the other villagers started murmuring in fear.

"T-This is the first time I've ever heard of w-w-werewolves here, at least in this village. I- I remember back when I w-was a little boy, old Blackfort van Daisyfield would t-tell me of when he w-was fighting the Turks, t-t-they were attacked by w-w-werewol-v-ves then" Strog managed to utter.

"Old Black had a lot of stories" a villager grumbled "aye, and most 'o the time he'd change them every time he told them."

"I-i it's Sir Blackfort" Strog exclaimed, hurt ", a-anyway, never had werewolves here, n-n-never. Must be an, an, an outs-s-sider!"

Much as the villagers regarded this young van Daisyfield as a fool, his words made sense and they glared with suspicion at the Stranger and his huge dog. One villager at the back even whispered the word "shapeshifter" to another villager - a farmer - who nodded knowingly, never taking his eyes of the Stranger.

#17 DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:21 PM

Davy Rackham decided to rush to the village when the noise of enraged villagers came to his ears. Not that he was concerned about the villagers...no, not really.

In fact he wasn´t able to deprive himself of accumulating his wisdom by practical experience...

Soon after exhaustive examining the damage of the inn, a knowing expression was drawn in his face. Again and again he nodded and babbled: "Yes, these are the marks described in the old books...they are back...it´s worse than I feared..."

He eyed up the villagers around him...

EDIT: *coughs* :tai: Just wanted to assure that you´re attentive :unsure:
BTW: Is there any need that I decide immediately who´s a wolf in my opinion?
Would be nice to hear some more of other villagers before making a dicision...

#18 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:25 PM

never mind

#19 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:35 PM

The old singing tavern drunk had fallen silent for the first time in (wait a sec I'll work it out) Ah yes for the first time in over 10 years! Tom had taken to his feet and ventured out from the tavern at daybreak, like many others of the village he had been attracted to the previous nights disturbance. Upon arriving at his destination Tom Knurd layed eyes upon one villager that changed the look within his eyes from one of happyness to one of hatred.

LYNCH HER! He yelled pointing at a woman in the crowd.

OOC: I want to lynch Taisy Waisy :tai:
Me>You

#20 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:36 PM

DonCorleone, on Dec 18 2005, 12:21 AM, said:

EDIT: *coughs* :bleh: Just wanted to assure that you´re attentive OMG
BTW: Is there any need that I decide immediately who´s a wolf in my opinion?
Would be nice to hear some more of other villagers before making a dicision...
Whew, disaster avoided. ^_^

No, you don't have to decide right away. You don't need to decide at all, if you don't want to. And there is no limit to the number of posts a player can make during a turn, so don't be afraid to post without voting (but try to avoid double-posting, of course). :tai:

Edit: I realise I'm breaking my own rule of the thumb, by posting a completely OOC post, but questions about the rules deserve (and need) to be answered. :unsure:
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#21 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:44 PM

If I may speak freely, I think it is wrong to judge a newcomer on appearance only. For as he is a stranger to this town, so am I. And a stranger I may be, but you cheer me on when I play my lute and sing of forgotten heroes and far away lands... or are you only cheering the barman for his excellent ale?!

Gather ye round, men! And pour that beer, barman! And I'll sing a song about valour and deed, but also of death. So, if you are squeamish, then I would advise you to cover your ears.... or drink till you drop!!

DRINK UP, MEN!
*jumps on the bar and starts playing*

Yo!

#22 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:47 PM

The minstrel started playing a cruel song, but the villagers showed little interest in the tale. If these really were werewolf prints, they had their own horror story right here and now.

Strog was taken aback "I- I did not mean to imply that, that, that good sir was a were-w-w werewolf, rather than to say a-a-any newcomer can p-p-possibly be a werew-w-wolf... no offence meant k-kind minstrel" the fool mummbled, half to himself.

#23 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:18 PM

A small figure dressed in a flowing black gown enters the tavern. A violet scarf is draped around her shoulders, and flowing loosely in the back. She briefly gazes around the room at the congregation, and the noisy has quieted down to muffled whispers upon  her entrance. She is carrying a small bouquet of mixed herbs, the crowning glory of which is several sprigs of a wispy purple flower.

She settles her gaze on the minstrel, and begins to speak.

"Aye, I see we have aquired a new fool in town, although I'm certain we had quite our share already."

Her gaze slowly sweeps across the room.

"Tell me, fool... how is it that we know that this attack is committed by a werewolf? A mythical beast, a fool's fancy, a dinner tale."

Her eyes return to the minstrel.

"And supposing it were so, and this travesty has somehow been committed by a beast from a child's nightmares, how would we separate the one from the pack? I see no claws or fangs here. If there will be a lynching, and with fools, there always will be... how will you settle your guilts if you choose the wrong beast? You should consider your deeds carefully."

With that, she tosses the bouquet at the minstrel's feet.

"A parting gift for you and your silly song, good fool."

She gracefully sweeps out of the tavern. They all turn to the minstrel, whispering once more. Over the quiet dissonance, a tremulous voice is heard to say, with a point at the bouquet:

"Look! It be wolfsbane!!"

The tavern grows quiet once again.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#24 DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:22 PM

Your distracting melodies can´t mislead... Why are you appeasing the fact of being a stranger? That´s more than highly suspicious.

Old Davy Rackham asks in a very energetic tone.

Give some reason why we shouldn´t pillory you two and watch you becomig some lycanthropic creature.
Again, it´s not really wise to center oneself...Give some argument!

#25 Wae

Wae

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:25 PM

"Oh hear yourself out kind fool, it is midday to be soon, sun to shine on our humble village - cease your overly beating heart...", a man in the northern corner of the inn, uttered with a half-tuned, calmful voice.

"For whatever was here, if anything, may very well be gone already, away by miles...", he continued, smiling, halfly trying to keep in his soft laughter for the very issue.

--- Slowly he lifted himself up from the table, took a glance on the aristocrat he had  referred to, & whom he had in his own mind marked as nothing but a clown for the extravagated seriousness that he had glanced around the room suspectively only a few minutes before, & then muttered out with an almost unhearable voice, "excuse me... rosemary... yes... i promised to take care of, someone inform me if anything else happens... now... have a good day kind gentlemen... & someone... tell that fair madam... to play not with poison... not even for medical care..."

[ooc /, since some fair errors in written are bound to happen, i trust those are freely allowed to be corrected, as long as they interfiere not with the initial meaning of the post]
Not worth it...

#26 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 11:35 PM

My role as a minstrel is just to center myself and my verses, for who  would otherwise bring joy to your gloomy faces?

And please, do not misunderstand me, like the fair Baroness did. I am not out to stake any man in this town. I am trying to prevent a complete stranger from being lynched by a mob of men who act like scared little children.

There has been no killing, apart from within my songs. So why should we stake a man for a crime not yet commited? If that is the case we are all guilty, for none of us have killed.

But if we are to be punished, let it be in the morning, for our drinking tonight!

*kicks the wolfbane at Strog*

Yo!

#27 DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:00 AM

Far away, huh? Interesting, interesting...Davy lapses into baffling muttering
I expected a wiser point of  view by an experienced herbalist of your kind!
But whatsoever, maybe you´re right. And we have no need to waste any thought to this  destroyed entrance of this building. I´m pretty sure that this is the work of any rotten dog from this area...
Hear -  you unsuspecting poor dwellers - what the GREAT Wae ha sto tell. Nothing will never ever happen...None but fools...

A glance of defiance hits wae

#28 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:22 AM

DonCorleone, on Dec 18 2005, 12:00 AM, said:

Hear -  you unsuspecting poor dwellers - what the GREAT Wae ha sto tell.
You mean... the one who is afraid of a silly plant?

It's just a plant, Wae. Look...

*picks up the wolfbane from the floor and cleans it up, then offers it to Wae*

See? It's not dangerous. It's just a plant. It won't harm you.

Yo!

#29 Wae

Wae

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:42 AM

--- Upon hearing the mutterance of the old bookworm, & the jester... Wae´lyn slowly turned around at the now-gone entrance of the inn, once more turning his back to the outside village, & to his already late promise...

--- & now clearly perceiving the overwhelming agitation of the aristocrat for having his honest opinions looked down upon, he began speaking first to him, leaving the jester enjoy his moments of verbal wisdom for a while, though still giving him several irritated glances every now & then during his speech-

"My dear friend...", he began,
"Forgive my poor manners, for while I still have my own doubts,
you seem certain of the matter... & deserve to be heard... to an extend... Atleast... for your reputation", he finished the sentence, giving the old man a grin, that was clearly ment as a shuttle jest...

"& as for you jester...", he said grasping the wolfsbane from his hand,
"Aconitum napellus... would you like me to shove this to your throat? would you?" he continued with a slightly angered voice, but then pausing for only a few seconds to regain his smile...

"Not that i could ofcourse, the lifeline of my age", he muttered softly, grinning in a friendly fashion, then continuing, - "but you´d be dead... see it? But well... I agree... that depends on what the people of your youth see as dangerous"

"Anyhow, forgive my manners once again, clearly they were not as they should have been, & I will be quiet now... for the time... please continue -"

--- Upon finishing his monologue, the old man slowly sat down to one of the nearby tables, realizing the boredom that he had caused within the tavern walls by speaking for so long already...
Not worth it...

#30 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:22 AM

OOC: Just a question about the voting. Should we post our votes in the topic, or PM them to you Flop? :tai:

Yo!