6 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow

Shadow

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 03:25 PM

I thought that what the site needs is a versus, something that two guys do each week. They take two titles of the same genre and same type of play and put them up against eachother. The two play each game and converse thoughts about them then give them ratings and pro's and con's about each game&why one was a better download then the other.

This might add a flare to the site and a unique thing. Usually people dont want to download two of the same thing. Why not tell them what game of the two is going to give them better game play per mb out of the two similar game-plays?

Just a thought,
                  Shadow. :)

#2 Braindead

Braindead

Daily Denizen

• Reloaded Crew
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 08:42 PM

I don't see how's this different from the review already available on the game + game thread in forum...

...and where are you going to find 2 guys for this system. :)

#3 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 08:50 PM

What about a genre deathmatch? People could nominate games in the genre and we would then line the games up, two and two, and have polls for each pair, thus electing the adventure game (for example) on the site.

I think they used to do this on the HOTU boards, and it seemed like good fun.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#4 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 09:07 PM

What I think Shad meant, is to compare two games that're quite alike (like Zangband and Lost Labyrinth or ADOM and Linley's Dungeon Crawl, to give clear examples) and say what people think's done better in one and what's done better in the other.

#5 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 09:18 PM

Most of the reviews already do that though - particularly in the case of the roguelikes since they're readily comparable, but also with some adventures. If anyone wants to start a poll now and then I'm not going to mind though, but I don't think it needs to be "official".
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#6 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 09:49 PM

i think it could be fun. yeah mabye to much resposibility to be official but as a private thing... and there could be a link from the two games first forum thread post.

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#7 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:04 PM

Might want to start with an interesting one: Doukutsu vs. Ikachan :)

Reply to this topic