MasterGrazzt's Content

There have been 41 items by MasterGrazzt (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#47743 Marvel Super Heroes

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 24 February 2007 - 11:40 PM in Games on Reloaded

Thanks, Dante. All that really, really helped with my enjoyment of this. I've been wanting to test the new DC vs Marvel characters pretty badly.

As for Wonder Woman... the cheaper, the better! I love my SNK bosses, and a challenge.

#47650 Marvel Super Heroes

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 22 February 2007 - 06:05 AM in Games on Reloaded

Well, I decided to "come out of retirement" so to speak to give a little review of my initial impressions of this game. Being a big Marvel fan, (and comics in general) and loving good video game adaptions of their characters, I have much to say on the topic.

First off, it's very good for a homemade fighting game made with an engine that I know is sometimes quite unstable. I get the occasional error, but none of them have reoccured at any regular interval. I tried the music, but it's glitchy, and even crashed the game once.

So far I've only played with Thor, who is easily the major reason why I downloaded this game. When I did the super combo where he summons the Warriors Three and Beta Ray Bill... I felt so great. It's way cool. But I know you didn't code that character, SpiDoL, unless you did, for the DC vs Marvel MUGEN project. (http://dcvsmarvel.scruffydragon.com/ for anyone interested)

My only other complaint is merely a matter of taste. I really dislike Spawn. In fact the only thing I care about at all from his universe are Sam and Twitch, and only in their solo comic. I haven't fought against him yet, but I don't really want to. Is there a way to remove him without breaking the game? I'm not insulting you or anything, I know a lot of people like him, and that's okay with me.

Along those lines, is it possible to work in some iconic Marvel characters that were neglected by the Capcom games? I've always wanted to play the Fantastic Four in a fighting game. How about the Silver Surfer, or Doctor Strange? There are MUGEN projects involving all of these characters, but I don't know if they've released anything more than sprite art. I do know DC vs Marvel have done a Ghost Rider character, though I don't know if it's stable yet. I've always thought it was a shame that the MvsC games came out when they did, because they were sadly X-Heavy. If they came out nowadays, you can be sure that the Fantastic Four would be in there.

So far, my impression is that your game does a great job of recreating the original MSH experience.

PS I know it goes without saying in the MUGEN community, but quite a few of these characters were created by many people. Have you credited them? If so, I apologize. But if not, it would be great if you could, even if you made your own variants? Please excuse me if that sounds like toe-stepping.

EDIT: I want to make it clear that I'm not calling him a thief. The characters were coded by others, but they were created for people to download and use in their own games.

Also, I can't use the sound at all anymore. It just crashes the game. Runs fine turned off, though. Oh, and I fought against Spawn... it was very, very satisfying to beat up Todd McFarlane's (that baseball buyin' hack) creation!

#40614 Final Fantasy VII: The Dark Cloud

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 29 September 2006 - 08:36 PM in Games on Reloaded

I can do you one better. In a sentence.

A really bad game happens and then I snap my discs in half.

It's cosmic gaming injustice that Final Fantasy 7 gets a million spinoffs and fan projects, (and most of those projects get done) but Ultima is dead.

#39109 Due Process

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 10 September 2006 - 05:04 PM in Suggestions & Comments

Just read the reviews you guys get, and have SOMEONE on your staff play the game. No, you don't all have to play it for weeks, but there are quite a few of you, and I'm sure somebody has the time to check the game out. All I'm saying is if you're going to run a gaming site, it's a good idea to play the games you're putting up. One person should be assigned that game to decide for themselves if the review meshes.

Please don't throw up the first game and review you have in your inbox because you're running late. I think we'd rather have a nice, thoughtful, fair review than one for an epic  fantasy strategy game that says "ION THIEZ GAYME U DRINK CAT PEE! KEKEKE"

Not to say that everything has been like that but I've noticed a handful of reviews where it is obvious that the writer did it between crankin' sessions. ;-)

#39072 Megamek

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 10 September 2006 - 04:21 AM in Games on Reloaded

I think part of the problem here, and keep in mind that I never called Sino any names or anything like that, but it seems to me that you guys will just put whatever review you get first up without reading it or seeing that is fair and just.

Now I'm not "crying out against the decline of Abandonia" or any ridiculous bs like that, and I really do like the site a lot, but I think it's something you dudes should start paying more attention to.

And for the rest of you who want Sino to be digitally crucified... Shut up. It wasn't his fault, it was something he probably wrote naked before supper, he didn't think it would end up on there, and besides, it's just a review for a game on a website. It's not important. Why don't one of you jerks write a NEW AND WONDERFUL review for the game if you hate it THAT much?

#39017 Mechcommander Series

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 09 September 2006 - 07:14 PM in Game & Software Requests

Yeah, most of those are just work-in-progress stubs though, rather than the purposeful misinformation that people accuse Wikipedia of creating, and is often true in the case of the real-world articles I mentioned.

#39013 MdaG's Roguelike

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 09 September 2006 - 06:17 PM in Work in Progress

I'd like to see a superhero based Roguelike, myself. Create a character from a list of origins and themes, like City of Heroes, but with it actually affecting the gameplay more than the mobs you fight in the first half hour. Walk around punching thugs in the face and fighting their bosses, who are supervillains. Eventually join a Justice League-style group.  Oh, and it would be international, so you could travel from city to city, fighting different themed villains in different countries.

#39012 Mechcommander Series

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 09 September 2006 - 06:11 PM in Game & Software Requests

View PostRyGuy, on Sep 5 2006, 04:13 PM, said:

Wikipedia(Need I remind you anyone can edit Wikipedia) says it is freeware because Microsoft released the source code, not the actual game.

I'd just like to mention that Wikipedia is pretty good for finding out trivia and "nerd things" because the controllers of Wikipedia, the founders, the people who decide whether they want, say, their article on Zimbabwe to mention just how many people die from AIDS a month and if they do if that count will be accurate, don't care one whit about things like the line-up of Hawkwind on a particular album, or what a umber hulk is, and leave us "geek editors" to our own devices.

So yes, don't use Wikipedia to find out important, real-world information, but if you want to look up computer game stuff and the like, it really is a great resource.

#39009 Megamek

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 09 September 2006 - 05:56 PM in Games on Reloaded

View PostSinke, on Sep 8 2006, 11:59 PM, said:

Game doesn't seem promising

It's really supposed to be a computerized version of the BattleTech table-top miniatures game, and it's intended audience is people who are already players, and those who are interested in it already. Yeah, it's a bit of a niche for a computer game... but that's one of the sweet things about independent game making, you CAN devise something that is intended to only appeal to a comparatively small portion of games players, without having some suit go "No, it won't fly. Can you give us something that stars a goat with attitude that's done in that bug eyed Jap-ah-knees cartune style?"

#38879 Megamek

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 08 September 2006 - 11:21 PM in Games on Reloaded

Jeez!

At least he mentioned that it's based on BattleTech, though.

#36324 Decker

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 05 August 2006 - 09:53 PM in Games on Reloaded

I like how you suggest the Shadowrun video games as something you may like if you like Decker because this game is actually based on Shadowrun the pen and paper RPG, at least the Matrix portion of it. In fact, the hackers in Sr are called deckers.

#27986 Beginners Question: Why Are There 2 Fora,

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 30 April 2006 - 07:42 AM in Suggestions & Comments

very much so

#27984 Beginners Question: Why Are There 2 Fora,

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 30 April 2006 - 07:24 AM in Suggestions & Comments

this one is sexier  ^_^

#27983 Mr / Miss Ar

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 30 April 2006 - 07:06 AM in Forum Guidelines

Posted Image

sup on the internets

#27982 Best Game Soundtrack?

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 30 April 2006 - 06:40 AM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

in no particular order:

Planescape: Torment

Katamari Damacy

Beyond Good and Evil

Uplink

Every Genesis Sonic Game

Gabriel Knight

Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption and Bloodlines

Dawn of War

Halo

Ultima

Unreal Tournament

Age of Wonders

Castlevania - Symphony of the Night

#27981 Spoetry

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 30 April 2006 - 06:37 AM in Forum Guidelines

Juni Ori, on Apr 29 2006, 01:51 PM, said:

Sometimes I just have to adore this communitys ability to turn off-topic any thread! :P
your starship troopers (the movie) avatar cuts deeply into me

the novel for life

the movie for never  ^_^

#27980 Oblivion

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 30 April 2006 - 06:35 AM in Your Favorite Games & Commercial Software

welcome to the game that is never hard because it scales and the guild quests are stupid

#27979 Random Pics

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 30 April 2006 - 06:34 AM in Forum Guidelines

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#27812 Solar Winds

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 29 April 2006 - 12:29 AM in Your Favorite Games & Commercial Software

that game was cool

it was like a low rent star control

also the protagonist looked vaguely like tuvok

#27811 Tai's Reloaded Contributions

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 29 April 2006 - 12:21 AM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

i really love your dokomoagogo montague banner and your king's quest 1 remake one, they're really awesome

but that tribes one fills me with burning, bruce banner-esque rage everytime i see it, sorry  ^_^

#27810 Random Pics

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 29 April 2006 - 12:12 AM in Forum Guidelines

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#27809 Spoetry

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 29 April 2006 - 12:08 AM in Forum Guidelines

I once got a vaguely threatening haiku in my email

I thought it was from the Yakuza until I remembered I'm of no signifigance whatsoever

#27583 Wild West Shooter/horror

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 27 April 2006 - 04:19 PM in Work in Progress

It was called Werewolf the Apocalypse: Heart of Gaia

not much information besides that prelim screenshot was released

#27576 Wild West Shooter/horror

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 27 April 2006 - 03:40 PM in Work in Progress

then you guys had better hurry before someone else scoops up the license

then again, it could never happen

I remember when the Werewolf: the Apocalypse game was ashcanned forever. I weeped that day.

#27575 Battlecruiser Millennium

Posted by MasterGrazzt on 27 April 2006 - 03:39 PM in Games on Reloaded

I wanted to see if the opinion of the heroic Something Awful writers was right. Turns out it is.