The Godfather

2 replies to this topic

#1 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

I've always wanted to play The Godfather: The Game. But my PC was not capable of doing so.

The closest I got to experiencing the game, was on my PSP (The Godfather: Mob Wars). And while the game is a bit different than it's PC counterpart, it was still fun. Minus the open-world.  :P

I then discovered that The Godfather: The Game works well on the EeePC 900:

So recently I attempted running it on my Eee 1005HA.
BTW, I also tried the Mafia demo. Though I do not like the graphics in mafia... too much low detail in order for it to run well enough to play.

It would amaze me if The Godfather ran better than Mafia. But I could understand why. Different engine, and different graphics.

And the results....

Posted Image

The Godfather runs! :Titan: Since I've played & completed my PSP version about 4 times, I decided to download a save file. After all, the cutscenes & missions are all the same. So all I wanted to do was roam around the open-world as Don of New York.

The intro is buggy, must be some kind of video codec problem. But other than that, TGF runs fairly well. The game isn't very laggy, but does have some issues when multiple AI's are on screen. I might look into some kind of over-clocking or possible RAM upgrade.

The only thing that freaks me out, is my Eee's fan running consistently when I am playing games. I don't want to kill my fan. :bleh:

It's awesome to explore the classic New York scene, and just have fun. It feels just like the film saga. :bye:

Anyone else play this game?

#2 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:03 PM

I grabbed the second game for 7€ from a bargain bin. It was a nice 10 hour game but I don't see myself ever replaying it.

#3 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:21 PM

The Godfather has much more replay value than The Godfather II in my opinion. I also found the second game to feel... "unfit".. it didn't have the same classic film feel. It almost felt like.. GTA: Vice City or San Andreas.

Reply to this topic