#31 Lizard

Lizard

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:03 PM

Kiddiarni, on May 8 2005, 10:02 PM, said:

And enoughT...there is an extra T there that shouldn't be.
  ;)  ;)  :)

#32 Kiddiarni

Kiddiarni

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:03 PM

I don't really get the... sneaky part about that :S

#33 BlackMageJawa

BlackMageJawa

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:04 PM

These are a few games that I'm sort of working on (ie- have started but lack either ideas, talent, or sprites to carry on. Assuming that any of those can be overcome, and I have enough time, I will finish them)

Toadstoolvania: A platform game based on the Mario series, starring a Toad who has to investigate a haunted house. Featuring puzzle-based rooms, optical illusions, and the Reality Overlay System, which involves changing the room's layout as the main character passes between what's real (ie- the mansion) and an illusion (which could be like any Mario level- snow, lava, forest etc). Also filled with references and puns on Castlevania and Resident Evil.

Sonic.exe: Probably my most ambitious project, and the least likely to be finished. Totally ripping off the Megaman Battle Network series, only based on Sonic the Hedgehog rather than Megaman. The story involves Chris Naka, son of famous inventor Yuji Naka, who lives on an artificial island created by his father. Christened Angel Island, the project is an entire controlled biosphere, and through use of the MOBIUS computer network, each of the island's six "zones" can be turned into a complete and stable climate, each radically different. Unfortunately, bugs have been appearing in MOBIUS, and so it's down to Chris and his NetPet Sonic.exe to sort things out.
In the 'overworld' sections, you control Chris like in an RPG, talking to people and investigating Angel Island. As Sonic, it plays like a platform game as you battle Virii and try to figure out who's behind everything (hint- it could be Prof. Naka's shifty co-worker, Dr. Ivo Robotnik. Just maybe.)

Metal Gear: Vapour: A Point & Click I want to make with Wintermute, assuming I can ever find some good sprites. Set between the two chapters of MGS2, Vapour sees Solid Snake coming to London in pursuit of a deadly new type of Metal Gear. I'm very pleased with the plot I wrote for this one, but unless I can get good looking sprites of Snake and co, it'll never happen.

W.T.O: Stands for Working Title Only. A puzzle shoot-em-up that works a little like Ikaruga. You control a girl in a mech suit (Precis from Star Ocean: Blue Sphere provided the sprites) controlled from a top-down, eight direction viewpoint. You have three different colours of shot, and enemies also come in three coloured varieties. Shoot them with the right colour shot to destroy them- hit them with the wrong colour, and a new enemy is spawned. This one is most likely to see completion.

If anyone is interested in helping with any of these games (aside from MG:V, they're all being made in The Games Factory Pro), drop me a PM.

#34 Kiddiarni

Kiddiarni

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:07 PM

Nice.

I would like to help, but don't know how :)

#35 Pifish

Pifish

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 08:38 AM

BlackMageJawa, on May 9 2005, 08:04 AM, said:

Metal Gear: Vapour: A Point & Click I want to make with Wintermute, assuming I can ever find some good sprites. Set between the two chapters of MGS2, Vapour sees Solid Snake coming to London in pursuit of a deadly new type of Metal Gear. I'm very pleased with the plot I wrote for this one, but unless I can get good looking sprites of Snake and co, it'll never happen.
A Metal Gear Point and Click adventure game? Intreguing(I can't spell right today) just wondering but will all the stealthyness be handled?

#36 Iron_Scarecrow

Iron_Scarecrow

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 12:11 PM

BlackMageJawa, on May 8 2005, 10:04 PM, said:

Sonic.exe: Probably my most ambitious project, and the least likely to be finished. Totally ripping off the Megaman Battle Network series, only based on Sonic the Hedgehog rather than Megaman. The story involves Chris Naka, son of famous inventor Yuji Naka, who lives on an artificial island created by his father. Christened Angel Island, the project is an entire controlled biosphere, and through use of the MOBIUS computer network, each of the island's six "zones" can be turned into a complete and stable climate, each radically different. Unfortunately, bugs have been appearing in MOBIUS, and so it's down to Chris and his NetPet Sonic.exe to sort things out.
In the 'overworld' sections, you control Chris like in an RPG, talking to people and investigating Angel Island. As Sonic, it plays like a platform game as you battle Virii and try to figure out who's behind everything (hint- it could be Prof. Naka's shifty co-worker, Dr. Ivo Robotnik. Just maybe.)
Sound's interesting, but the Battle Network series got boring at number 2.

#37 Fawfulhasfury

Fawfulhasfury

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 03:54 PM

Dude, are you nuts. The battle network series has gotten totally cool. 1 and 2 were like the worst of the bunch. 3-5 are awesome!! If you need my help in any way mage, let me know. :)
Pi stinks, tastes horribles, and I hate it! But cake is good...

#38 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 04:40 PM

Yeah those are some cool ideas BlackMageJawa, haven't tried the battlenetwork series myself, but it looks like quite the series of games, been meaning to try it, I'll get my hands on them somehow...

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#39 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:48 PM

A atmospheric horror game, similar to 5DAS & 7DAS.
Me>You

#40 Sebatianos

Sebatianos

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:09 PM

My game would be an adventure game (what else). I actually started making one (back in the C64 days... programing in basic...), but I gave up on the idea a long time ago.

I wouldn't mind somebody using my ideas (for puzzles, plot, characters ect...).

I have some scenarions for games in the style of Zak McKracken, DOTT and Sam'n'Max... but also some grand epic adventures - can't really give you a comparison, because I haven't seen a game so grand yet!
If only I'd take the time to lear how to use the adventuremaker (and if only I had the artistic skills to make the graphics).
;)  ;)  :)

#41 LordHart

LordHart

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:46 AM

I'm making a fair few games at the moment, and you can see what i'm making at tdrDESIGN.net for detailed description of all my games currently under development. I'll go through what I plan for my trilogy, The Sandman Chronicles.

First off, the trilogy is essentially an update to Conan the Barbarian, but in space. You play the role of a man, who has watched as his world is attacked and destroyed by an evil conquerer. You are captured and are then forced into physical labour. After proving your worth as a competant fighter, you are sent to train for servitude as part of the personal guard of the sinister Emporer, the same man who murdered you race.

Years go by, and you've not only become a trusted guard, but also, a ruthless assassin and Royal Bounty Hunter, sent to murder those that oppose the Emporer. Your codename is Sandman. Whilst on a Bloodhunt for a monarchial leader from the Outer Worlds, you find that you've been sent to murder a child, and refuse to do so. You return to the Emporer and tortured for your ineptness in your duties. Later, after an attack and slaying of a ranking official and your failure to stop it, you are sentanced to the treacherous pits underneath the Imperial City Acheron of the Inner Sanctum, a manmade dungeon of which there is supposedly no escape. Part One: Reign of Darkness starts here properly (as the opening scenes i've described will have playable bits as it tells you the backstory), as you plan to escape from your cell and ultimately, the prison.

Part Two: Darkness Falls picks up almost immediately after the end of the first game, as you find yourself on the run from a Royal Bounty Hunter (whose ship you will eventually steal and claim as your own), and become an independant Bounty Hunter yourself, whilst you begin planning the downfall of the Emporer. Part Three: Siege of Acheron takes place a few years following your escape and you've become a reluctant leader within a seedy Outer World rebellion, who also plan to overthrow the Emporer using any means neccesary.

As of yet, it will only be a trilogy, but will be open for more games if I ever decide to continue. When they will be made and released is WAY up in the air. I know the story I want back to front, its just that I cannot get motivated to work on the amount of background, and character art/animations that is needed. It originally started off as an AGI game, and then went to SCI, and is now being done with AGS.

BlackMageJawa: One of my friends has been making (at least, to my knowledge he has been), a Metal Gear game in AGS which is supposed to be a point & click adventure game. He seems to have become fanatical about the series, and even last night, was showing me a 3D model he was making that was supposed to be Solidus Snake.

Sebatianos: You might consider trying AGS, as it is both free and easy to use when it comes to coding. Also, graphics do not need to be great when it comes to any freeware adventure game, as could be seen with my first games. Brad Bradson was made within an hour between classes, featured terrible graphics, only one room, no REAL puzzle and just a bizarre ending. Lifeboat has better graphics, yet I still retained the same sort of humour in it which appealed to those that liked my first game... of which there really aren't all that many. Overall, both games have only been downloaded about 1000 times each (Brad Bradson is actually about 2000-3000, but I screwed up the counter and only got it working after it had been released for a few months).

You must remember. As long as it has some good gamplay, then people will like it.

#42 Iron_Scarecrow

Iron_Scarecrow

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:02 AM

Fawfulhasfury, on May 10 2005, 01:54 AM, said:

Dude, are you nuts. The battle network series has gotten totally cool. 1 and 2 were like the worst of the bunch. 3-5 are awesome!! If you need my help in any way mage, let me know. :)
I thought there were only 4, but the thing is that the games from 1 through to 4 are exactly the same except for the story, I played 3 and 4 and got bored from repetition.

I'm wondering if you have played Kingdom Hearts. It's probably the best GBA game (apart from Golden Sun) I have ever played.

#43 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:03 AM

Also one of the largest GBA carts I believe, I am just so surprised that square was able to fit so much into that cart, amazing.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#44 Iron_Scarecrow

Iron_Scarecrow

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:09 AM

So was I. I thought that because the graphics were so well done, the game would be short, somewhere around 10 maybe 15 hours. But for Sora's part of the story it took me 31 hours and for Riku's part of the story it took me 16 hours, all up that is 47 hours of gameplay, with some of the best graphics I've seen on GBA and cinematics, it's just amazing.

#45 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:11 AM

When it comes to pushing a game to the very limit of a console's capability, square always seems to be the one that gets the job done, indeed it looks like quite the game.