Ar's Coverage Of E3 2010

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Poll: E3 Poll

What are you most excited about to see at E3?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:31 PM

Rumor: E3 Floorplan Reveals Mass Effect, Dragon Age Sequels
From Kotaku.com

#17 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:46 AM

With the start of E3 approaching, get ready for the press conferences!

Once again, here is the overview.

[Microsoft]
Microsoft will be holding its press conference on June 13 and 14, 2010 before the start of the actual E3 event. It will be divided into two parts with the first part concentrating on Project Natal to be held on June 13, 2010 and the Xbox 360 Media Briefing to be held on June 14, 2010.

[Nintendo]
Nintendo has confirmed that their press conference will take place on June 15, 2010. It has also been confirmed that Nintendo will showcase their newly announced Nintendo 3DS, a handheld gaming console that is the successor to its current Nintendo DS series of handhelds. Nintendo has confirmed that the Nintendo 3DS will be playable. In addition, Nintendo plans to showcase software for the Wii Vitality Sensor, as well as the latest game in the Legend of Zelda series, which will be compatible with Wii MotionPlus.Nintendo also hopes to have Pikmin 3 on display at their press conference, but there has yet to be confirmation.

[Sony]
Sony will be holding its press conference on June 15, 2010. Sony plans to further showcase the PlayStation Move and its compatible games as well as announce the worldwide release of firmware for the PS3 to fully support 3D gaming and movies. President of Sony Computer Entertainment, Jack Tretton, has said that they "will absolutely bring the heat, there's a lot to talk about".

I'll start posting the latest information as the countdown begins! :blink:
For even more live updates, keep tuned to Gamefeed!

#18 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:03 AM

Saw a Nintendo 3D thing on your Gamefeed site.  Looks really good.   :bleh:

Hope it comes to UK soon.   :blink:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#19 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:41 AM

According to the wikipedia article:

The Nintendo 3DS (ニンテンドー3DS Nintendō Surī Dī Esu?, tentative name) is an upcoming portable game console by Nintendo, which can produce "3D effects without the need for any special glasses." Scheduled for release in the fiscal year ending March 2011, the portable will succeed the Nintendo DS series of handhelds.

Announcing the device on March 23, 2010, Nintendo plans to announce additional details at the 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), scheduled for June 15–17, when the company will invite people to play with the console.

:blink:

#20 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:19 AM

Thanks for the info Nick.   :bleh:

I'll need to save up my pennies then.   :blink:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#21 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:06 PM

If the rumors are true, the 3DS will have graphics power equivalent to the Xbox 360 & PS3... Though I am skeptic about that. I would expect a processor better than the old DS, but somewhere around the Wii's horsepower.

I mean.. if Nintendo unleashed a handheld system more powerful than the Wii.. that would be a market killer. :blink:

My poor PSP. This new DS could kill it. :bleh:

#22 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

View PostNick, on 13 Jun 2010, 10:06 PM, said:

R.I.P  psp.   :blink:

[attachment=1057:Gravestone.png]

#23 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:11 PM

I am sure Sony will release the PSP2. And it will be even better than any 3ddddddddsss! :blink:

#24 El Quia

El Quia

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:49 AM

View PostNick, on 13 Jun 2010, 06:06 PM, said:

If the rumors are true, the 3DS will have graphics power equivalent to the Xbox 360 & PS3... Though I am skeptic about that. I would expect a processor better than the old DS, but somewhere around the Wii's horsepower.

I mean.. if Nintendo unleashed a handheld system more powerful than the Wii.. that would be a market killer. :blink:

I don't think people buy the wii for the processor power :P

:(
Your leg falls off, revealing a bloody stump. You are losing a large amount of blood. You must find a way to escape....

> Drink blood

#25 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:34 AM

:blink:

Good point. :bleh:

#26 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

*Sends llamas to spy on the Mafia 2 and Fable 3 booths* :blink:

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#27 El Quia

El Quia

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1310 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

*Llamas accidentally entered a cosplay event and won prizes for the best llama disguise*
Your leg falls off, revealing a bloody stump. You are losing a large amount of blood. You must find a way to escape....

> Drink blood

#28 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:26 PM

(:blink: El)

Today's E3 Wrap-up:
Hype Yourself in EA Sports MMA
Dead Space 2 Ups the Gore
Crysis 2 Preview
Driver 5 Preview
Star Wars The Old Republic - A Smuggler's Run
Gears of War 3 Screenshots

Hardware:
Today Microsoft announced a new, slimmer Xbox 360. The new system comes with built-in WiFi and a 250 GB hard drive. The wait for the new Xbox 360 is short... very short. This wonderful piece of hardware ships today in North America and will be in retail later this week. The machine costs $299 USD, the same price as the existing 250 GB model. In Australia, it will release on 1st July for $449 AUD and for $499 NZD on 8th July in New Zealand.

Trailers:
Mass Effect 2
Sims 3

More coming soon!

#29 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

Wow, that Gun Club thing was stupid :S
Also, I honestly can't see the difference between Modern Warfare, Battlefield and Medal of Honour anymore. They all seem the exact same to me :(

(Since when is AC held in LA? :blink: :bleh:

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#30 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:34 AM

I agree. There needs to be a difference between typical war-themed FPS's. All of them look similair.. and have the same concept. Shoot enemies.. reach point B from point A, and then complete the game.  :blink: