60 replies to this topic

#16 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:31 PM

Is that even possible with no lockpicking skills?  Then there's all the space accessible by rolling...

I'm not sure whether any of the uses of advanced lockpicking or rolling are essential, but it's fairly likely.
IPB Image

#17 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:07 AM

I have way more problems doing the hat rating with the XL unit mission than the last one. The last one is rather easy now that I think about it, especially since I got the dark suit which make you invisible when you lean on the wall even in full light.

I've found quite a few tricks in the XL unit mission. I could probably be able to end it with the white stripe suit now that I have the Gecko hold skill (unlimited hold on the roof, make you invisible to guards). Of course cameras would still be a problem...

The problem I have with the XL unit mission is the damn long lasers at the very end of the mission. The laser going up and down above the place you jump to is damn hard to avoid even if you cut the wire to make it go on and off... Grrr.. Would it not be only for that, I would have finished this game with max rating for all mission already since a little while.

For wire cutting, get the wire cutting skill. You have a good chance to get away with it even if you don't cut the right wire...

Edit: Success! Now to do the last mission...
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#18 chumloofah

chumloofah

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:21 PM

As far as I can see, it's possible to do every mission without any upgrades.
Not tried it yet, but it should be interesting to find out for sure.

#19 chumloofah

chumloofah

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:03 PM

Geez.
I've been sitting here cursing like a sailor *mary magdalene* to get a trilby rating on the XL mission.
Soon as I do, I make my first attempt to trilby the last one, it ends, and gives me an uber stealth suit for finishing at A class.
Harsh.
Very very harsh.

#20 Eagle of Fire

Eagle of Fire

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:02 AM

Posted Image
I'm not sure I'm the first to get it here, but I'm sure the first to post a picture of it. :P

Now, to tackle the 7in1 mission...

Edit: Success!
Posted Image

Next step would be to manage the 7 in 1 mission with hat rating... I only managed to make an A and I tripped all 7 allowed alarms...

This is going to be tough. LOL
"I am on a hot streak... Literally"

#21 chumloofah

chumloofah

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:25 PM

"Eagle of Fire" said:

Next step would be to manage the 7 in 1 mission with hat rating... I only managed to make an A and I tripped all 7 allowed alarms...
I couldn't get a trilby either  LOL
I even decided to cheat and do it "invisible". wearing the stealth suit after buying the stealth skill.
Still tripped that damn laser on 6.  :P
At least the par time on the challenge seems to be pretty generous.

#22 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:29 PM

This game is challenging. Is it possible to get all the skills? I have gecko hold, the wall siddle thingy, roll and lock picking at max. I'm going to buy spider hold next.

#23 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:01 PM

It's not quite possible to get all the skills.  There's something like 9000 RP available in the game and around 12000 RP worth of skills.

You can get pretty much all of the useful skills though.  The Safecracking and Electrician ones are useless, from what I've heard, flit is more trouble than it's worth and if you're going for trilby ratings, Lower Standards and Sadist are also useless (there's also the Menace to Society costume, which makes them obselete anyway).
IPB Image

#24 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:09 PM

View PostHavell, on Dec 10 2007, 04:01 PM, said:

It's not quite possible to get all the skills.  There's something like 9000 RP available in the game and around 12000 RP worth of skills.

You can get pretty much all of the useful skills though.  The Safecracking and Electrician ones are useless, from what I've heard, flit is more trouble than it's worth and if you're going for trilby ratings, Lower Standards and Sadist are also useless (there's also the Menace to Society costume, which makes them obselete anyway).
So basically I have picked all the best skills right now.

#25 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:29 PM

Pretty much.  Just save up for Into Shadow.  That's what I'm doing.

EDIT: Oooo, I forgot about reasonable doubt!  That's an incredible useful skill.  Probably the most useful non-essential, actually.  You can pul all sorts of stuff jsut rolling past guards and cameras/
IPB Image

#26 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:39 PM

View PostHavell, on Dec 10 2007, 04:29 PM, said:

Pretty much.  Just save up for Into Shadow.  That's what I'm doing.
I want spider hold. I'm missing 3 reputation and I've done all the missions. It just seems to randomly add to my rep sometimes. I don't know why. It gives the reputation for each only once, right?

#27 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:48 PM

It records what the maximum RP you collected in a mission is.  If you exceed that value, then the amount by which you exceed it is added to your RP total.  If, in trilbying a level, you skip out a fusebox or a locked door (which you get RP for getting past) then that's RP which you missed out on.  If you got back and Trilby a level again, this time getting more RP from fuseboxes etc, then that's a little bit more RP for you.
IPB Image

#28 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:39 PM

View PostHavell, on Dec 10 2007, 04:48 PM, said:

It records what the maximum RP you collected in a mission is.  If you exceed that value, then the amount by which you exceed it is added to your RP total.  If, in trilbying a level, you skip out a fusebox or a locked door (which you get RP for getting past) then that's RP which you missed out on.  If you got back and Trilby a level again, this time getting more RP from fuseboxes etc, then that's a little bit more RP for you.
Ah, ok. It's a bit confusing... I'm trying to get trilby rank from every level

spoiler said:

(with my trusty rain gear, which makes you less visible, rendering in to the shadows useless.)

Edit: I can't get a trilby from the hotel level because I keep missing some loot. Is there some hidden loot somewhere(apart from the cistern).

#29 chumloofah

chumloofah

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:01 PM

Oh, potatoe...
Your spoiler is so so untrue.  :D
Try it and see.
Also, spider hold is next to useless unless you're shooting for slowest mission ever.
Gecko lasts plenty time, and with reasonable doubt on you can always just pop down, then go up again if absolutely necessary.

Here's my list of skills in order of priority. :P
1. Roll
2. Locks 2
3. Locks 3 (that's all you need to get to every bit of loot in the game  :P )
4. Reasonable doubt
5. Gecko hold
Flit's ok, and sidle can save you a millisecond here and there...
The rest are more or less useless apart from into the shadows.

Oh, and if you need to trilby the hotel

try checking which guests have left their things unattended  LOL

#30 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:11 PM

View Postchumloofah, on Dec 10 2007, 07:01 PM, said:

Oh, potatoe...
Your spoiler is so so untrue.  :D
Try it and see.
Also, spider hold is next to useless unless you're shooting for slowest mission ever.
Gecko lasts plenty time, and with reasonable doubt on you can always just pop down, then go up again if absolutely necessary.

Here's my list of skills in order of priority. :P
1. Roll
2. Locks 2
3. Locks 3 (that's all you need to get to every bit of loot in the game  :P )
4. Reasonable doubt
5. Gecko hold
Flit's ok, and sidle can save you a millisecond here and there...
The rest are more or less useless apart from into the shadows.

Oh, and if you need to trilby the hotel

try checking which guests have left their things unattended  LOL
I just missed the one in the spoiler >.< Off to get it now. I'll most likely get reasonably doubt if I get enough reputation, which I think I will since trilby ranks give a fair amount.

Reply to this topic