53 replies to this topic

#31 TheDragonQueen

TheDragonQueen

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:31 AM

Got a pop-up when I logged in today from Burdirkaz re: forum rules! Getting fed up with these bots! I thought the problem had been sorted?  :whistle:
Please click on my dragon eggs to help them hatch. Thank you.

http://dragcave.net/user/Angelic

#32 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:14 AM

*sigh*   :whistle:

Apologies everyone.  Yes, burdirkaz is a bot.  Please delete any emails from it.  I added the name to the first post.

I thought we had this problem sorted.
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#33 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:16 PM

If I may make a request, it might be handy if next time anyone gets a spam pm they add the time and date. If multiple people recieve junk pm's from the same person it would be interesting to see if the flood control has any effect :whistle:

At this point I suspect this bot simply sent out pm's at 5 minute intervals. I think we'll be raising the time limit a bit.

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#34 Zeta

Zeta

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:11 PM

well, here's the timestamps of all the PM's (none of which were from HUMAN users) in my inbox:

burdirkaz   Yesterday, 11:13 PM  
justrakop Apr 26 2009, 07:28 PM
jurdreda Apr 13 2009, 05:57 AM
Deleted Member Apr 12 2009, 08:50 AM (this member already taken care of, it seems)

all times USCST (GMT - 6:00 hours), this post was made at 9:09AM USCST (GMT - 6:00 hours)

additionally, since a forum I'm a moderator of seems to be getting this problem as well, would it be too much to ask for the IPs that the bots are using to register (assuming that they're not just using IP 87.118.86.96 - which, according to logs on the forum I moderate, it seems like at least two of these bots (mignulikz and jurdreda) use to register)? it seems that these particular bots register, make NO posts whatsoever, and use the PM system.

#35 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

Zeta, it seems the bots have more than one IP address.   :whistle:

terkovskyr, denirtos, jurdreda     -   87.118.86.96
zuratikl, burdirkaz, justrakop     -   217.20.116.59
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#36 GTX2GvO

GTX2GvO

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:17 AM

Got bots in my inbox too.

Just bots. So I don't mind if an admin looked there to ban the suckers. :whistle:
(if they aren't banned already)
Greetings from GTX2GvO.

For those interested: My Website & Forum

#37 Qbix

Qbix

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:14 AM

Unread Msg	   Rules	  burdirkaz [ Block ]	  Yesterday, 05:54 AM	  
Unread Msg 	 Read all 	justrakop [ Block ] 	Apr 27 2009, 01:58 AM

#38 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:24 PM

zuratikl is a bot.  Please delete any emails you received from it.   :whistle:

#39 gregor

gregor

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:36 PM

Ok i just accidentally cliked on already deleted member. thelink said new forum rules and took me to a site. the site neve rloaded as i quicikly turned off the browser, so i am hoping that nothing harmful loade don the computer. I have to do a scan.
but damn it people! how are they getting here?

#40 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:29 PM

Apologies Gregor, for the inconvenience this has caused.  That message won't have done any harm to your computer, but please complete your scan anyway, to put your mind at ease.  

It is believed that a person is registering at Reloaded (and other sites) in order to get past any captcha requirements, and *then* activating bots to send out spam junk via the PM system.

#41 arlesya

arlesya

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:53 AM

So, I got one more pm from burdirkaz about "new forum rooms" and a place to click. I didn't, it was very suspicious  :whistle: but the link was "http://iefa.ru" (don't click!)

what is going on?  :(
Tea and Cake or Death!! Little Red Cookbook! Little Red Cookbook!

#42 win98

win98

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:08 PM

http://www.reloaded....amp;#entry71602 I did click a link in a virtual machine and posted what I found there. It's getting people to type in the codes to get all possible combinations for the image and seeing what image it is by file name then using the typed in thing to register.

#43 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:13 PM

Thanks for telling about this, Win98 :whistle:

#44 TheDragonQueen

TheDragonQueen

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:34 AM

Got a private message from Budrikovs re: Gifts For All. Suspect this is another bot. Have blocked this user from sending me any more messages.  :cheers:
Please click on my dragon eggs to help them hatch. Thank you.

http://dragcave.net/user/Angelic

#45 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:31 PM

Apologies DragonQueen.  The bot is gone now.   :cheers: