17 replies to this topic

#1 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

Summer is almost upon us, and I guess most people have already planned how to spend at least part of it. The most common response I get when asking my friends, and other young Danish people what their plans are, is that they're going to the Roskilde Festival. I'm not going myself this year (or ever again, probably), since I no longer think sleeping in a tent, in a giant, disgusting camp site along with 90,000 other people is worth the price of about 250 Euros. Also, the music seems to get crappier each year.

So this year a couple of friends and me are going to go to the Magic Circle Festival in Germany instead. Initially I wasn't going to go to any festival, but Magic Circle is relatively cheap at about 80 euros, and Manowar is going to be playing their first 6 albums in their entirety, and I'm curious to see whether they can actually pull it off, or if they're going to collapse halfway through. :whistle:

Also, it's a much smaller festival than Roskilde, so I'm hoping that there will be a more relaxed atmosphere (although seeing as how Manowar is the main attraction, that probably won't be the case).

Anyway, are any of you guys going to any music festivals this summer? If so, where are you going and why? If not, what are your plans for the summer?
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#2 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:01 PM

I'm not sure yet. Tuska would be nice as always, Sauna (quite far away) and Kivenlahti Rock (extremely close) were this weekend but I didn't go because I was sure I had other things to do. So, most likely to Tuska if any.
...70 years... LOL

#3 _r.u.s.s.

_r.u.s.s.

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:25 PM

http://www.mastersof...dex.php?view=82
just look on the top bands, it's gonna be awesome. ministry, daf leppard, apocalyptica, sonata arctica and others  :whistle:
www.abandonia.com < www.reloaded.org
right now :(

#4 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:50 AM

There are a ton I want to go to but can't =\
As for ones I can there are 2 so far
http://www.last.fm/event/522433
http://www.last.fm/event/531883

#5 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:52 AM

View Post_r.u.s.s., on Jun 8 2008, 04:25 PM, said:

http://www.mastersof...dex.php?view=82
just look on the top bands, it's gonna be awesome. ministry, daf leppard, apocalyptica, sonata arctica and others  :whistle:

Def Leppard is also coming at the Magic Circle festival. I wouldn't mind seeing Apocalyptica and Sonata Arctica, though. Within Temptation and Volbeat would also be on my to-see list if I was going. :max:

There are a ton I want to go to but can't =\
As for ones I can there are 2 so far

Is it just me or are those two festivals pretty expensive, considering the bands that are playing (although Radiohead is likely to do a good show)?

#6 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:56 PM

Justice, Goldfrapp, Hot Chip and CSS? *is jealous*
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#7 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:36 AM

View PostBeefontheBone, on Jun 9 2008, 05:56 PM, said:

Justice, Goldfrapp, Hot Chip and CSS? *is jealous*

Oh don't even get me started on the various festivals / concerts I'd love to go to in the UK :whistle:

And yes, they are rather expensive...but eh, I most likely won't go for all the days, and I don't go to concerts too often, so I'm not going to worry about it.
Especially after missing out on Elton John, Queen, and The Rolling Stones due to price...

#8 Docktor_Worm

Docktor_Worm

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:13 AM

everyone knows the greatest festival since woodstock is coachella. i have to admit though, justice is pretty sweet
IPB Image
...her rabid glow is like braille to the night

#9 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:19 AM

View PostDocktor_Worm, on Jun 11 2008, 03:13 AM, said:

everyone knows the greatest festival since woodstock is coachella.

:max:...
I can barely contain myself after just glancing at the artist list for that  :whistle:
Why does nobody tell me these things....=\

EDIT : *more whining after looking at the past artists list...

#10 Docktor_Worm

Docktor_Worm

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:31 AM

yeah, last year's was a wall to wall indie hall of fame. pitchfork's festival  looks pretty tight too. lineups include vampire weekend, spoon, dinosaur jr, health, the hold steady, animal collective, and finally, PUBLIC ENEMY!!!!!
IPB Image
...her rabid glow is like braille to the night

#11 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:10 AM

Yea, Vampire Weekend and Spoon are both pretty darn good, and I personally love Cut Copy (they're there also).
I think just the two festivals are fine though, haha. I think I'll only go to the one day with Radiohead and Beck for the one, and then maybe go to both days for the other, certainly the second day at least.

#12 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:17 PM

View PostMoogle, on Jun 10 2008, 04:36 AM, said:

Especially after missing out on Elton John, Queen, and The Rolling Stones due to price...

You missed out on Queen? That must've been a while ago. I wish I'd had a chance to see them, before Freddy died. :whistle:

#13 Moogle

Moogle

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:57 AM

View PostFlop, on Jun 11 2008, 01:17 PM, said:

View PostMoogle, on Jun 10 2008, 04:36 AM, said:

You missed out on Queen? That must've been a while ago. I wish I'd had a chance to see them, before Freddy died. :whistle:
Two years ish I think...they toured along with the singer of Bad Company (I believe), I heard it was really good...

#14 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:23 AM

Oh, ok. I didn't know Queen had done a reunion tour. I would have liked to see that too. Who was the singer?

#15 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:09 AM

Paul Rodgers, if I remember correctly. Nothing compared to good old gay.
...70 years... LOL