21 replies to this topic

#16 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:23 PM

I play freeware games almost exclusively. It seems my relationship with ADoM goes in cycles, where I'll devote a large amount of time to it and not play any other game for months, but then suddenly become depressed at losing so many promising characters and not even touch it for another month or two. Ever since losing my extremely promising Gray Elven Archer (who had the medal of chaos with 4 (!) wishes left, thanks to a Ring of Djinni summoning and a wand of wishing, along with some very nice equipment, including a battle axe of devastation and plate mail, all at level 20ish) to the Greater Water Dragon (s-something, I forget the name) in *darkness,* I've been unable to overcome the depression I am flooded with when I think of ADoM.

Recently, I've been playing A LOT of Dwarf Fortress. Other than that, I do the Kingdom of Loathing everyday, but not much else aside from the occasional RPG here and there. I finished Diver Down a long time ago, but still have to finish the review...

#17 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:51 PM

At the minute, Mordor XP :) I think lots of people do that with roguelikes - play lots for a while, then not for ages (after losing great characters, normally to stupidity - I lost my best ZTK character recently because I failed to notice my armour didn't provide ResFire before doing the Doom quest. Gah!), then lots - I certainly do that with ZangbandTK, although I'm not so bad with shorter more actiony RLs - DoomRL's pretty attractive for quick games. I've been playing DROD again quite a lot recently (the commercial versions, though).
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#18 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:51 PM

View PostMdaG, on Dec 5 2006, 01:41 PM, said:

ADOM, Fish Fillets and certain AGS Adventures come to mind, but other than that I've been leaning more on the commercial market.

Someone above mentioned F.E.A.R., isn't that a commercial title?
Here you go.

#19 catchaserguns

catchaserguns

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:33 PM

I find the game Leylines very interesting. I play it til 6:00in the morning.

#20 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:50 PM

i really couldnt say... ive played so many freeware games of all genres that i should have a black belt.

ADoM is one of them of course...

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#21 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:46 PM

Enemy Territory or Savage, methinks.

#22 Sabreman

Sabreman

N00b-a-R00b

• Members