26 replies to this topic

#1 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 11:34 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#2 Abi79

Abi79

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:56 AM

Am I the only one who noticed that there is no way to register ? I tried Abi79, Abi797979, Albertus, Alberts79, Albert Iordache, Albert, albert79, albert_iordache, zxccvzx ... None of this names worked. It said that they where in use. Even zxccvzx, a name I made by hitting the keyboard with my hand ?!

Am I the only one having this problem ?
IPB Image

#3 Nosferrath

Nosferrath

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:06 PM

Same here :bleh:

#4 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:25 PM

The problem with this game is that it is no longer supported by the producers. You play the game at your own risk, appearantly.

Yo!

#5 Abi79

Abi79

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:28 PM

I play the game at my own risk ? The game can't be played.
IPB Image

#6 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 01:33 PM

I played it, but thruth be said, I didn't try the online version. I played against bots.

Yo!

#7 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:46 PM

That's something that has come up, I know some of my friends have the same problem. Even if you tried iupanifjdnaklsjcvhuiwser it's just that you can't connect to the registering server. Sorry guys. If I find a way around it I'll let you guys know, but as far as I know, you can't play.

Edit: Since I really feel bad about that, heres a link to another paintball game, Digital Paintball 2.0

It isn't as immersive as PB3, but it is online multiplayer, and it's 3D.
IPB Image

#8 Sharp

Sharp

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:07 PM

Hmm, this is a fun game, used to play it a lot ages ago, check on www.zooptek.net for any updates or info, looks like only players who have registered before can still play.

Also RyGuy, nice review but you also forgot to include first-aid skill, you can heal yourself at medical stations in the maps, or you can choose to buy your on medicinal equipment such as morphine or asprin or splurge out on big medkits, each medkit is different and is actually about the type being more important for the player then the price. One medicine might contain a small amount of large slow healing stuff, useful for healing after a fire-fight, another would be lots of fast acting pills but they heal very little but can be used during firefights quickly.

First-Aid skill is improved by healing yourself either from stations or equipment, the higher firstaid you have the quicker you heal, if you have an amazingly high first aid you can use the slowest medkits quickly and heal yourself immensly fast and continue to kick *** even after being shot dozens of times.

Also awareness wasn't well shown, basically awareness is how far you can see, you gain in awareness by erm, seeing, its really quite odd, the first time you play if you keep the cursor in one place you will have an awareness of 1, do a piroutte by circling the mouse around your player and you will gain awareness rapidly, the xp required to increase skill is exponential so the first time you play you should be able to get awareness quite high in a very short time, it really has no major use as you can still shoot stuff you cannot see (even off-screen) and who needs awareness when you get a mapper-tracker which shows the map and where the players are, a snipers dream.

Also one amazingly useful range of items left out is clothing, no body-armour but clothing, why is this important you might ask?? One, its useful to show your style, two, camoflage, you can be near invisible with the right clothing, many a time a sniper has killed by hiding in grass wearing grass camoflage and shooting a person unaware, you can also make even more camoflage by firing green paintballs which are harder to see on grass terrains (adjust accordingly to terrain type)

Overall a great game (though currently unplayable).

#9 Shunk Eat Enemy

Shunk Eat Enemy

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:29 PM

Man oh man this game seems fun it would be even better you could CREATE A CHARACTER :bleh: and register in the near future

#10 punch999

punch999

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 06:50 AM

Doesn't work......

#11 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 03:06 PM

I myself tried to make a new character. It isn't a firewall/port problem. The register thing must be down, I can only hope that Zoop will put it back up, in the meantime we can check www.zooptek.net everyday or so for any news.
IPB Image

#12 RyGuy

RyGuy

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 05:37 PM

If you guys didn't see this on my first post I believe it was here it is again, www.planetquake.com/digitalpaint . It's online multiplayer, 3D, really fun when played with a friend over teamspeak. For now if you want paintball you can play this.
IPB Image

#13 punch999

punch999

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 02:19 AM

http://www.zooptek.o...13235#post13235 here is a file to make a new charachter!

#14 Abi79

Abi79

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:03 AM

Thanks Punch :bleh:
IPB Image

#15 Exile

Exile

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:57 PM

crap... forgot someone else already posted about this... nvm  :bleh:
Open the door! are u exiling me or something?

Reply to this topic