• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:44 PM

Sins Of The Past is a spin-off from the popular City Of Secrets story.  A prequel, if you like.  

The events here, take place before Liberta becomes populated.  In fact, has Nick Zarano even thought of having his own island at this point?  Who knows.  

Characters that died in Liberta, can have a new lease of life here.  You can even create brand new characters, if you like.  

So let's see how this plays out.   :)

Intro created by Nick.   :thumbsup:

Main Characters:

FRODI GREENHAND:  A shy, withdrawn female hobbit in her teens.  Her mother died when she was just a child, and she has lived in fear of her father ever since.  Even as a child, she was often left to find left-over scraps in order to feed herself.  Her upbringing has left her with little confidence, and a belief that she is worthless.

FORSCO GREENHAND:  An abusive, alcoholic male hobbit, who takes delight in terrorizing his daughter, Frodi.  

ORGULAS SMALLBURROW:  A kindhearted, and gentle male hobbit, who strongly believes in 'Treat others how you want to be treated yourself'.  

STENGOLAS SMALLBURROW:  Stengolas tends to act first, and think later.  Although a good-natured hobbit for the most part, he does have a temper on him.  He is fiercely protective of his little brother Orgulas.  

NICHOLAS ZARANO:  Young, handsome, strong-willed, Nick is an Italian that now lives in New York.  He soon found work with the Leone crime family, and quickly became besotted with the young and beautiful Kristina Leone.  

DON LEONE:  Head of the Leone crime family.  A powerful man... he sees the potential in Nick Zarano, and begins grooming him.

KRISTINA LEONE:  Young and beautiful daughter of Don Leone.  Like most teenagers her age, she is quite rebellious.  Although at first disliking the idea of a bodyguard, she quickly warms up to Nick Zarano, and begin a relationship.  

JACK:  A shady character with a good heart.  He finds Nick a job with the Leones, when Nick desperately needed money.

GONDIEN:  A peace-loving, traditional elf who lives as one with nature.  His wife died many years ago, and Gondien misses her terribly.  He tries to raise his children, as his wife would have, and he makes sure they know they are loved.  Gondien is also a magic-user.  

AURELIUS:  Son of Gondien.  Noble-hearted Aurelius is a ranger... he has mastered the bow & arrow, and his skills are second to none.  He can pierce an apple from 100 feet away.    

ALESSEA:  Daughter of Gondien. Sweet and innocent, Alessea respects all living things. She is very close to her brother and her father.  

Possible Minor Characters:

FRANCO
BING

Places:  

THE SHIRE
:  Hobbit-land.  Very secluded, and cut off from the rest of the world.  In fact, most hobbits aren't even aware of the outside world, or of humans or elves.

AMADAR:  Elf-land.  A beautiful place full of forrests and meadows.  Mother Nature is very evident in this land.  Elves use the forest to their own advantage, with their huts being built high up in the trees, to hide themselves from outsiders.  

NEW YORK:  Human-land.  A metropolis bustling with life.  A gangster's paradise.  

Charaters and places will be added as necessary.
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#2 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

In the Shire...

Frodi sits in the living room of her house, alone. She picks up a photograph of her mother, and sighs

FRODI: *to the photo* I wish you were still here, mum. I know it's been years since you died... but I miss you. There's so much about you I don't remember... your smile... the sound of your voice. *sigh* But... I *do* remember how you used to bounce me on your knee when I was little. I loved it when you did that. I still have that last birthday card you gave to me - I treasure that card. And your ring. I remember you telling me how your mum gave it to you, so you passed it down to me. You said I should keep it safe, ready to give to my first daughter. *sigh* Don't worry mum... I keep your ring hidden from dad, so he can't sell it. He's so mean... when he's around, that is. He really scares me.

At that moment, a loud CRASH is heard in the hallway, followed by some off-key singing, and the sound of someone giggling.

MALE VOICE: *drunken singing* You are... the shunshine of my life. Yesh you are. And I said you... are... the shunnyshiney, and you keep me out of shtrife.

FEMALE VOICE: *giggles* Oooh, Forsco. You're such a romantic hobbit when you're drunk. *giggles again*

Frodi goes out into the hallway to investigate. She sees her dad sprawled out on the floor, in the open doorway. He's drunk... as usual. A young female hobbit appears, and helps him back to his feet.

FRODI:  *nervous*  Dad?

FORSCO: *looks bleary-eyed at Frodi* Oh god... you're shtill here?

FRODI: Yes dad. I live here.

FORSCO: Pity! I'd almosht forgottens how ugly you are. Now you have to go and reminds me. I'm gonna have nightmares for weeks now.

FRODI: Dad, you haven't been home in weeks. Where have you been?

FORSCO: Out!  Having shum fun!

FEMALE HOBBIT: Forsco... who's she? *looking up and down at Frodi*

FORSCO: Trixie my dear... this freak of nature is, unfortunately, my daughter.

Trixie looks back and forth between Forsco, and Frodi.

TRIXIE: She can't be your daughter, Forsco. You don't look old enough to have a daughter her age.

FORSCO: Ahhh, you shay all the right things, Trixie. *oogles over Trixie* Her stupid, deadbeat mother had to go and get herself pregnant, so I had to marry her. Thank god she's gone now.

FRODI: *tears in her eyes* Don't talk like that about mum.

FORSCO: Why not? It's the truth. Just a pity you're still around.

Frodi sighs. She should be used to her father's cruel words by now, but it still hurts.

FORSCO: I need a drink! Where's the beer?

FRODI: There's no beer dad. You drank it all last time you were here a few weeks ago.

FORSCO: No friggin' beersh? God... can't you do anything right? What am I gonna do nowsh?

Frodi cowers, as Forsco raises his hand.

TRIXIE: *hangs onto Forsco* Forget about her Forsco. I need some sweet sugardaddy lovin'. *giggles*

FORSCO: Now THAT... ish a very goods idea Trixshie.

Frodi runs from the room in tears. As she reaches her bedroom, she hears her father's drunken singing again.

FORSCO: *drunken singing* Oh, we all do, the wibbely wobbely walk. And we all do, the wibbely wobbely talk. And we all tell, the wibbely wobbely lies. And I watch you, with my wibbely wobbely eyes. Ha ha ha.

Frodi lies on her bed, and weeps.
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#3 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:08 PM

New York..

A young Nick Zarano walks into his mother's small apartment. It's a small 2 bedroom apartment, in a bad part of the city. But it's what they could afford.

Nick: I'm home! *throws keys on the table*

Nick walks into the living room, and sees his mother sitting on the sofa, watching TV.

Nick's Mother: How was your day?

Nick: Shitty. I spent hours waiting in the job center.. finally my turn came.. and the advisor said there are zero.. ZERO.. jobs in my career field. I was told to wait.. how much longer can I.. can WE.. wait? *sighs* How was your day?

Nick's Mother: Non così bene. You should have some dinner. I made chicken parm.

Nick: Ma.. if something is wrong.. you need to tell me.

Nick's mother begins to shed some tears.

Nick's Mother: It's bad Nick. It's bad. We have no money.. after your father left. And now your forced to carry both of us financially.

Nick: Ma.. this has been going on for a while. Why now? What did the doctor say?

Nick's Mother: I'm sick Nick. Very sick. The doctors said.. I need treatment. But..

Nick: But what?

Nick's Mother: We can't afford it.

Nick's mind is in a dark place. He is beyond depressed. That night, he hears his mother crying the bedroom next to his. Nick has never had a normal life.. never had a girlfriend.. never went to prom.. never experienced the things many other teens experience. But what he has been.. is a good man. A man who takes care of his family. But being on the legal side of life.. does nothing. He is being thrown to the wolves.. and it's time to take action. His mother needs money.. and Nick knows a way to get it.

Morning..

It's a quite morning, as snow falls outside the apartment.

Nick and his mother have some breakfast of eggs and bacon.. his mother's recipe.

Nick's Mother: Sleep well?

Nick: I don't sleep anymore.

Nick's Mother: You can't worry..

Nick: But I do.

Nick's Mother: Are you going out?

Nick: Yeah. I want to see an old friend.. about a job.

Nick's Mother: Get me a pack of cigarettes while your out.

Nick goes into the living room, and sits down on the sofa.

Posted Image

He pours himself a drink.. and then leaves.

New York City..

Nick drives through the snow-covered streets in his mother's car... a small car.

Posted Image

It's a long drive to the edge of the city, where a small diner sits.. the diner where Nick is supposed to meet his old childhood friend Jack.

Nick was the good child. Jack was the bad child. Nick finished school. Jack left school. Nick went into a legal side of life. Jack went into an illegal side of life.

Diner..

Posted Image

Nick walks in, and takes a seat.. waiting for his friend to arrive.

Posted Image

Eventually Jack walks in. They hug.

Posted Image

Jack: It's my brother from another mother! Bello vederti! WAITER! I'll have a burger and fries. Chocolate milkshake on the side.

Nick: Chocolate milkshake? What is this? Preschool?

Jack: Just don't tell the boys. Hehe. So Nick.. been a long time. I was stunned to see your number on the phone. After all.. you pretty much..

Nick: Let's not go there. What's in the past.. is in the past.

Jack: Yeah.

Nick: Honestly, I'd love to catch up. But we both know why I'm here.. I need some help.

Jack: What kind of help?

Nick: My mother is sick Jack. Very sick. She needs medical treatment.. and we can't afford it. I can't find a damn job in this economy.. and I'm at rock bottom.

Jack: Nick.. someone who thought about being a cop.. are you asking me what I think your asking me?

Nick: I need a job. I'll do anything. I don't care if it's cleaning bathrooms at your whorehouse. I just NEED a job.

Jack: I can't protect you Nick. So I need you to think this over.. just because we're practically brothers.. I can't take a bullet for you.

Nick: I know that Jack. *slams on table* I damn well know that. But my family needs help here. Will you get me in?

Jack: Come with me. No guarantees.

Nick follows Jack around the city, and to a warehouse.

Posted Image

Jack: Guys, I'd like you to meet someone.. my friend Nick Zarano. He's looking for a job? Is the Don around?

Man: Come with us inside. Shake him down first. Make sure he doesn't have a gun.

Nick is patted down, and walks inside.

#4 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:38 PM

Amadar...

It's a beautiful day.  Sun shines through the window of a small hut, high up in the trees.  Gondien, and his children (Aurelius and Alessea) are sitting at the table, having breakfast.  All 3 elves are tall, with long pale hair, and striking blue eyes

ALESSEA:  Do you like your lentil soup, father?  I made it specially.  

GONDIEN:  *smiles*  I do.  Lentil soup is my favourite.  And the flowers you picked this morning  *looks at vase flowers on the table*  are beautiful.  You always take good care of your father, my child.  

ALESSEA:  *kisses Gondien's cheek*   It's my pleasure, father.  

AURELIUS:  You spoil us, sis.  One of these days, some handsome young elf is going to come along, and sweep you off your feet, and steal you away from us.  Then what will we do?   *grins*  

ALESSEA:  *giggles*   That will never happen.  No-one could ever steal me away from you and father, Aurelius.  

GONDIEN:  You will meet someone, my child.  And he will be a fine young elf.   *smiles*  *turns to Aurelius*   And you also, my son.  You will find a beautiful elf that will steal your heart.  

ALESSEA:  Until then, father, you'll just have to put up with Aurelius and I being here to pester you.   *smiles*  

GONDIEN:  I could not think of anything better, than to have my children around me.  

AURELIUS:  Father... after breakfast... can we go out and practice?  Please?  

GONDIEN:  Of course, my son.  Although you have far surpassed me, in the way of the bow & arrow.  

AURELIUS:  You have taught me well as a ranger, father.  But I know I still have a lot to learn from you.

Breakfast passes smoothly.  Afterwards, Gondien, Aurelius, and Alessea head down to the meadow.  Alessea goes off to pick more flowers, while Gondien and Aurelius practice shooting with the bow and arrow.  They have fun, picking targets for each other, and challenging each other to shoot various targets.  Then Gondien has an idea.  

GONDIEN:  As I have said before, your archery skills are superb.  But can you hit a moving target?  

AURELIUS:  *grins*   I don't know.  But I would like to try, father.  

Gondien goes back to the hut, and brings out an old ball.  Then he returns to Aurelius in the meadow.  

GONDIEN:  If I throw this ball, I wish you to try and hit it with your arrow.  

AURELIUS:  I'm ready, father.  Throw the ball.  

Aurelius readies his bow & arrow.  Gondien throws the ball... Aurelius shoots... and his arrow finds it's target.  Then it's Aurelius's turn to throw the ball for Gondien.  Gondien shoots... but he misses the ball.  

GONDIEN:  Alas, my skills as an archer are poor, compared to my son.  You make your father proud, my son.  *hugs Aurelius proudly*    

AURELIUS:  My aim is true, only because of your teachings.  Besides, your first love is with magic.  

Alessea appears with some apples she has picked.  

ALESSEA:  You both must be tired, and all that bow & arrow practice.  You will wear each other out.  Here... I insist you rest now, and gather your strengh again.  

She gives Aurelius and Gondien an apple each.  Then all 3 of them sit down in the meadow, and enjoy a nice rest, while eating their apples.

#5 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:19 AM

New York..

Nick walks into the warehouse with the men. Jack introduces Nick.

Don Leone: Nice to meet you Mr. Zarano. Jack, please leave.. close the door behind you. Have a seat my friend. *motions to Nick* A friend of Jack's is a friend of mine.

Nick sits down.

Nick: It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Leone.

Don Leone: *pours two glasses of whiskey* Drink?

Nick: Yes thank you.

Don Leone: Good manners for a kid your age. What can I do for ya?

Nick: To be honest sir.. I'm facing some hard times. My mother is in poor health.. and..

Don Leone: Sorry to hear that.

Nick: The hospital.. they won't treat her.. because we're dirt broke. My father left when I was little.. so we're alone. And I can't find a job.

Don Leone: If your asking me to break some legs.. I won't. Not for some average joe.

Nick: No. I'm not. I'm here for a job.

Don Leone: A job? ... What kind?

Nick: Anything.

Don Leone: Well.. I don't normally..

Nick: I am begging you Mr. Leone. I will do anything.

Don Leone: *drinks* You can work down at the docks. Unload.. load.. unload.. load.. simple stuff. Pay check under the table each week to get you started.

Nick: Thank you sir.

ONE MONTH LATER..

Nick has worked for the Leone Family for one month now. Hard, back-breaking labor.. but it is worth it. His mother is getting the treatment she needs.. until the hospital bills become higher.. and the money runs out.

Nick meets with the Don.

Don Leone: Nick.. how are you?

Nick: Boss.. I need to speak with you. It's about my mother.

Don Leone: I thought she was fine..

Nick: She is. But she won't be if I don't do something. The hospital bills have grown higher.. and I can't afford her new treatments. If I don't get money soon.. they will cut her treatment.

Don Leone: So you need cash?

Nick: Yes. I'm not asking for a loan. I'm asking for a pay raise.

Don Leone: ..... There is someone that needs to be taken care of. Normally I would hire one of my professionals, but this is a "private" issue.

Nick: What kind of issue?

Don Leone: There's a rat within our family. I know who. If I hire someone who has been with us for a long time.. I risk exposure. I need someone new. New blood.

Nick: I'll do it.

Don Leone: ... I don't normally operate this way. Here. *hands Nick a gun* Ever killed someone before?

Nick: Never fired a gun before.

Don Leone: ... Fuck. Maybe I'm making a bad move..

Nick: Don't doubt me. I will do it. Clean.. and professionally.

Don Leone: You better. Or YOU will disappear with the rat.

NEXT DAY..

Nick walks into the Leone Compound, and waits in the living room. Guards have let him in.

Guard: Wait here.

While Nick waits to meet with the boss, a young teenage girl walks down the stairs.

Girl: DAD! Where's my car keys?!

Nick looks at the girl.

Girl: *ignores Nick* DAD!

She barges into the Don's office.. this of course.. is the Don's daughter, Kristina Leone.

After getting the car keys, Kristina walks past Nick.. and leaves.

Nick: I see she really gives people the time of day. *rolls eyes* Spoiled brat.

Eventually, Nick is called into the Don's office, and he is briefed with how the hit will go down.

ONE WEEK LATER..

Nick parks his car outside an apartment. Nick thinks he is alone, but instead someone is watching him.. taking photos. Nick waits.. and when a man walks out of his apartment door.. Nick gets out of his car.

Nick: *gun drawn* Excuse me!

Man: Yes? ... SHIT!

Nick struggles.. and his hands shake... but he pulls the trigger. Two times. The man falls backwards and lands on the pavement, in a pool of blood. Nick drops the gun, gets back in his car, and drives off.

Nick drives to a nearby cliff.. and parks. His hands shaking. His heart racing. What has he done? He is now deep into the mob.. Now that Nick has done something so respect-worthy in the mob.. he will be fast-tracked into the family. Brought in as a soldier.. despite the other rookies who have been there longer, and have gotten nowhere. Nick has something special.. and Don Leone sees it. Soon.. Nick will be offered a new job.. protecting someone. Someone who will have a huge impact on Nick's life. Her name.. is Kristina Leone.

NEXT DAY..

Don Leone is proud of Nick.. and plans on grooming him. The other mobsters are jealous of Nick's quick rise to soldier rank. In the basement of Don Leone's compound, everyone gathers around.. as the ceremony.. to bring Nick into the family.. begins.

#6 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

Leone Compound..

The ceremony to make Nick a "made man" continues in the basement. After it's over, all the men hug, shake hands, and welcome Nick into the family. They go upstairs, and head to a nearby strip club to celebrate.

Meanwhile..
Highschool

Kristina Leone walks out of the school, and waits for her boyfriend to come out. Eventually, he does. Her boyfriend is much older than her. Kristina is in her first year of highschool, while her boyfriend is in his last.

Boyfriend: *to his friends* Let's talk for a few. My girl is waiting outside. No need to hurry. Haha.

Friend: You taking her to prom?

Boyfriend: HER? No way! You know who her father is? I'm only doing her for the rumors and the respect. Besides.. if I took her to prom, I would be made fun of. Number one.. she is too young. Number two.. she's a mobster's daughter. And she's not thin enough for me.

Kristina is being played for a fool. She thinks she is going to prom with her boyfriend.. and.. surprise to the boyfriend's friends.. they HAVE NOT had sex. He's lying to brag about it.

The boyfriend walks out, and sees Krissy. He drives her home.

As a month passes, Nick continues to work at the warehouse. But now he is running and managing the shipments. No manual labor. The pay is also pretty good. And his mother is getting the treatment she needs. Life is good for Nick. Except the missing piece in his life.. a girlfriend.

One day started like every other day. It seemed like a normal day.. but it was far from it. As Nick walked the floor of his warehouse, suddenly he hears gunfire outside. Nick takes out his gun.. the gun that the Don gave him. Upon checking outside.. most of his unarmed employees have been shot and killed.. he glances around.. hearing a beeping noise.. Nick spots a small stack of dynamite sitting on a fuel barrel.

The countdown clock reads "10 seconds".

Nick runs away in fear, trying to get out of the warehouse. He can't run fast enough, and is knocked to the ground.

Posted Image

Nick crawls out of the burning warehouse, as the roof collapses.

NEXT DAY..

A bruised and battered Nick Zarano walks into the Don's office.

Don Leone: Nick, sit down.

Nick: I don't know what the hell happened..

Don Leone: I do. We're at war Nick. A rival family has decided to strike us.. they attacked all of our warehouses yesterday. Including yours. We plan to retaliate. For now, all of our shipments have been shut down. We can't do business while bullets are flying. So I'm giving you a new job.

Nick: What kind of job?

Don Leone: Right now this war isn't personal. So I don't think they will attempt a kidnapping. But I don't trust these bastards. I'm upping the security.. getting guards on my wife, and kids. You Nick.. are a trusted employee. And you need work. So I'm assigning you to guard my daughter Kristina.

Nick: K..K..Kristina?

Nick is nervous around girls. Women in general. Specifically teenage girls.. since Nick missed out on his teenage love years.

Don Leone: You have a problem guarding her?

Nick: No sir.

Don Leone: Good. You start tonight. As for the job, you will work early in the morning. Come and pick her up, drive her to school, and then drive her home. Wherever she goes, you go with her. The only place you don't have to watch her, is when she is home. Understood?

Nick: Yes sir.

Nick and the Don walk upstairs to Kristina's room, where Krissy is getting dressed up to go out.

Kristina: DAD! GET OUT! *sees Nick* Oh..

Don Leone: We need to talk. Come downstairs.

Kristina finishes getting dressed up, and comes downstairs.

Kristina: What's up?

Don Leone: Something has happened. You know not to ask what. But during this chaotic time, I am taking extra precautions.

Kristina: Who is this?

Don Leone: This is Nick Zarano. Your bodyguard. Nick is 18, and is the youngest of my made men. I figured you my get along with him, better than my older employees.

Kristina: Like hell I need a bodyguard. It will be embarrassing! What will my friends think?

Nick: Gee thanks.

Don Leone: Fuck your friends Kristina. You may be a young woman.. but you are still underage. And your still my daughter. You do as I say. Nick is your bodyguard. End of story.

The Don walks away. Leaving Nick and Krissy.

Kristina: ...

Nick: ...

Kristina: Well, I'm Krissy.

Nick: I'm N..Nick. *ahem*

Kristina: I'm going out to a friends house.

Nick: I'll drive you.

Out in the car..

Kristina: Alright.. let's get some things straight. You may be my bodyguard, but your not a spy. Don't go back and tell my father everything. That's not in your job description.

Nick: Your not paying me. So until you do, I work for your father. Not you.

Kristina: So in other words.. you work for the highest bidder? I grew up in this business Nick. I know it well. Your not very loyal.

Nick: And you talk too much.

Eventually Nick and Krissy arrive at the friends house.

Kristina: Please just.. sit out here.. and.. well.. do something. I'll be gone for hours.

Nick: Aye Aye captain.

Kristina gets out, and closes the car door. He watches her walk up to the house, and meet her boyfriend. They kiss.

Nick cringes.

As the party goes on inside, Nick sings to himself in the car.. and tries to keep himself occupied.

Eventually the discussion of Krissy's bodyguard comes up during the party. All the teenage girls are actually jealous.. a big strong man walking around protecting a girl. It starts as a joke.. but eventually they want to see him.

Kristina walks outside, and goes to the car.

Kristina: *opens car door* Nick, want to come inside?

Nick: Not really. I was never a partying teenager.

Kristina: Well you work for my father.. your protecting me. Maybe I need protecting inside? My father wouldn't be happy if..

Nick: Fine. I'll come inside.

Nick walks inside, and Krissy introduces everyone to Nick. Nick feels a little nervous around the teenagers, but he is the one sporting a gun.. not them.

Kristina's boyfriend watches, and prefers not to shake hands with Nick.

Girl: So your the big strong protector huh? *giggles*

Nick: I am.

Guy: Do you kill people?

Nick: No.

Girl #2: Typical mobster answer.

Nick: So.. Kristina.. I don't see any security threat in here. I can leave now..

Girl: *grabs Nick's arm* Come on Mr. Body Guard.. stay! Tell him to stay Krissy!

Kristina: He's not your body guard. He's mine.

Boyfriend: No Kristina.. I am your body guard. Not this fat slob.

Nick: What did you call me?

Boyfriend: Oooooooo.. Are we the tough guy now?

Kristina: Derek! Stop it!

Derek is Kristina's boyfriend.

Derek: Now you need a little girl to stand up for you?

Suddenly, the party goes quite.

Kristina: *slaps Derek* Is that what I am to you? A little girl?

Derek: Oh come on baby! Just take some of these pills and relax, haha!

Nick lets his anger grab hold, and Nick punches Derek, knocking him onto the table.

Nick, being a big guy.. and Derek.. being small thing twit.. is an unfair wrestling match.

Nick: Disrespect her one more time, and you will find out what I am REALLY capable of.

Nick storms out of the house.

Girl: Krissy.. you need to keep that body guard on a leash.

Derek: *holds his bloody nose* Who will you side with? Me.. OR HIM?!

Kristina uses the heel of her boot, and kicks Derek in his private area.

Derek: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Kristina storms out of the house.

On the drive back to the Leone Compound..

Nick: Listen I..

Kristina: Don't. Thanks but no thanks for sticking up for me. Now I look like a fool in front of my friends.

Nick: If you felt as if I did something wrong, you would have stayed. And let me tell you something about friends.. most are around when there are good times. When there are bad times, you see who your true friends are. If your friends don't support you now, then they aren't worth your time.

Kristina looks away, but smiles.

Leone Compound..

The car parks in front of the compound.

Kristina: Thank you.. for sticking up for me.

Nick: No problem.

Kristina: See you tomorrow?

Nick: Bright and early. This time.. no more parties. My knuckles are sore.

Kristina laughs.

Kristina: Good night.

Nick: Night.

Nick drives home.

Nick walks into his apartment. He jumps.

Nick: JACK!

Jack: Sorry Nick.. didn't mean to scare you.

Nick: What's going on?

Jack: The hospital tried to call you.. but it seems your cellphone was out of reach tonight. So I wanted to stop by.. and tell you in person.

Nick: .. Jack.. is she alright?

Jack: She died Nick.

NEXT MORNING..

RING! RING! RING! RING! RING!

Answering Machine: Hi this is Nick Zarano. I'm unavailable now. Please leave your message after the beep. *Beep* Nick.. this is the boss. Where the hell are you? Krissy had one of the other bodyguards drive her to school. What the fuck Nick?! I am taking you off guard duty. If you can't show up on time, then you don't get paid. *Beep* End of messages.

Nick lies in bed, emotionless.

Leone Compound..

Krissy walks in from school, and sees Jack sitting on the sofa.

Kristina: Hey Jack.

Jack: Hey Kristina.

Kristina: Waiting to see my father?

Jack: Yeah. It's about Nick.

Kristina: I want to talk to my father about him as well.. I want Nick back on duty. I don't know why he didn't show up today.. but I don't care.

Jack: His mother died Kristina.

Kristina: ...

Kristina storms into her father's office.

Jack: Krissy.. wait.. *sighs*

Don Leone: Kristina! Can't you see I am busy here?!

Kristina: Do you have no feelings? ARE YOU THAT EMOTIONLESS?! Nick lost his mother, and all you can do is fire him?! GIVE HIM BACK HIS JOB! If you want me to talk to you ever again, you will hire Nick. TODAY!

LATER THAT DAY..

Nick's Apartment..

A knock at the door grows.. grows.. and grows. Nick wants to ignore it, but the knock continues to grow. So Nick has no choice. He gets up, and answers the door.

He sees Kristina standing there.

Nick: Your the last person I expected to see.

Kristina: When I feel bad.. I sit down, and eat some chocolate fudge ice cream. It doesn't heal the wounds.. but it helps. *holds up bag with ice cream container inside* I brought two spoons.

Nick: Come inside.

#7 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:22 AM

In the Shire...

The last 2 months have been peaceful for Frodi.  Her dad and Trixie only stayed a few days, before disappearing again.  So for the moment, at least, Frodi is safe from his temper and his loose fist

FRODI:  *looks in the fridge*   Oh, I don't have any milk... or bread.  I'll go out to the market to get some.   *looks out the window*   The sun is being kind today.  

Frodi gets her purse and basket, and sets off to the market.  She loves walking through the market - all the stallholders calling out their wares, enticing customers to buy from them.  Although she had only intended to get some bread and milk, Frodi can't resist buying flowers from the flower stall.  

FRODI:  *to stallholder*   Your flowers are lovely today sir.  So fresh!   *smells flowers*   And they smell so beautiful.   *smiles*  

FLOWER STALLHOLDER:  Thankye kindly ma'am.  My flowers are freshest on the market.  Picked only this morning.  Care to buy some?  Special price for such a pretty hobbit.  

FRODI:  *blushes*   OH!  Thankyou sir.  Yes, I would like to buy some of your flowers.  May I have some of those pretty pink ones please?   *points to the pink flowers*  

FLOWER STALLHOLDER:  Right away ma'am.  

The stallholder wraps up the flowers, and puts them in Frodi's basket.  She pays him.  But then he takes an extra flower, and places it in Frodi's hair.  Frodi thanks the stallholder, then continues on her way through the market, looking at all the stalls, until she reaches the dairy stall.  

FRODI:  Good-day stallholder.  How much is your milk and eggs today?  I've run out, and I'd like to buy some more.   *smiles*  

DAIRY STALLHOLDER:  Eggs are 5 shillings per dozen, and milk is 3 shillings for a jug.  

As Frodi talks to the stallholder, the focus shifts to another stall, not far away.  A young male hobbit, who looks about 17-18 is at the meat stall, talking to the stallholder.  His name is Orgulas.  He hears Frodi's voice, and glances across.  

In the background:

DAIRY STALLHOLDER:  How about some cheese, ma'am?  Would you like to buy some cheese?

FRODI:  No thankyou, I have plenty of cheese to last me for a few days.

Orgulas stares at Frodi, completely lost in thought.  But then the meat stallholder shakes him, bringing him back to reality.  

MEAT STALLHOLDER:  Sir?  Here's your sausages.  Is there anything else I can help you with?  

ORGULAS:  What?  Um, no thanks.  But thanks for the sausages.   *pays the stallholder*   Um... who is that hobbit over there?   *points out Frodi*  

MEAT STALLHOLDER:  *looks, and shrugs*  Dunno.  I've seen her around though.  She comes here every few days.  

Orgulas finishes his business at the stall, and watches Frodi from a distance.  Frodi wanders through the market, completely unaware she is being followed.  Eventually, she leaves the market to return home.  Orgulas sighs.  Then he walks in the opposite direction, back to his hobbit house, which he shares with his brother.  

ORGULAS:  Got the sausages, Stengolas.  

STENGOLAS:  About time.  You were gone for ages.  I was getting worried.  

Stengolas takes sausages from Orgulas, and puts them in the fridge.  As he does so, he notices Orgulas still standing there, with a strange smile on his face.  

STENGOLAS:  *walks over to Orgulas*   You okay, Orgulas?  

ORGULAS:  Yeah fine.  It's just...

STENGOLAS:  What's up?  Tell your big brother all about it.   *smiles kindly at Orgulas*  

ORGULAS:  I saw someone.  A female.  

STENGOLAS:  Hehe.  A female, huh?  I should have known.   *chuckles*   My little brother has noticed the opposite sex.  So what was she like?   *guides Orgulas to a chair*  

ORGULAS:  *sits down*   She was... beautiful.  She had waves of thick brown hair, tumbling down her back.  And she had the sweetest little dimple in her cheek, right here.   *touches his cheek*   And her voice was like... birds singing.   *smiles*  

STENGOLAS:  Hehehe.  Sounds like you have it bad.  So is my little brother in love?   *gently teases Orgulas*  

ORGULAS:  *blushes*   Don't be crazy.  I've only seen her once.  But...

STENGOLAS:  So what was her name?   *smiles*  

ORGULAS:  Um, well, I don't know.  

STENGOLAS:  Where does she live?  

ORGULAS:  ... I... don't know?  

Stengolas chuckles to himself.  His little brother is so shy sometimes.

STENGOLAS:  Did you talk to her at all?  

ORGULAS:  Well, I *almost* talked to her.  But then I got so tongue-tied.  What would I say to her?  But the market stallholder said she goes there every few days.

STENGOLAS:  Tell you what, Orgulas.  If you see her again, point her out to me.  I'll find out who she is for you.  

ORGULAS:  Thanks Stengolas.  You always look out for me.  

STENGOLAS:  That's what big brothers are for, Orgulas.  To watch out for their little brothers.  *gently ruffles Orgulas's hair*

#8 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:48 PM

Nick's Apartment..

Nick leaves the door open, as Kristina walks in. She closes the door.

Nick sits on the sofa. His hair a mess, his face unshaved, cigarettes lying all around, and bottles of whiskey line the floor, tables, and counters.

Kristina sits down next to him.

Nick: Why are you here?

Kristina: I'm not a cruel person. I heard about what happened.. and I wanted to see you.

Nick pours himself a glass of whiskey.

Nick: Like your new bodyguard?

Kristina: No.. he's older.. doesn't talk to me. Doesn't even bother to say hello.

Nick: You'll get used to him.

Kristina: No I won't. I got you your job back.

Nick: You what?

Kristina: I screamed at my father for firing you, and he agreed to rehire you.

Nick: Technically I still worked for your father Krissy.. but oh.. never mind. Thank you though.

Kristina: You don't seem enthused. *opens ice cream, and takes a scoop*

Nick: Honestly Kristina.. I don't really want to be your bodyguard. I don't like being around people who make me uncomfortable.

Nick puts a scoop of ice cream in his whiskey.

Kristina: Odd drink you have there.. but.. I make you uncomfortable? Why?

Nick: Long story.

Kristina: Is it because I'm the bosses daughter?

Nick: Yeah.. that's it. *lies*

Kristina: Well as the bosses daughter.. I get what I want. And I want you as my bodyguard. *smiles*

Nick: *drinks* I thought you hated the idea of a bodyguard.

Kristina: I did. Until I saw how my friends reacted to you. Now I can be the popular girl.

Nick: *sarcastic* Yippee. *drinks*

Nick and Kristina finish off the ice cream, and Kristina heads home.

As the weeks go by, Nick continues to be Kristina's bodyguard, and her personal driver. He also befriends her. Krissy often stops by Nick's apartment when she needs to talk. But soon, things are about to be taken to the next level.

It's prom night. The night highschool students either love with a passion, or hate with a passion. Nick fits into the second group.

Nick waits in his car outside of the Leone Compound. The boss comes out, and gives Nick a speech.

Don: Make sure she stays out of trouble. If anyone causes any..

Nick: I will break their legs.

Don: .. Good.

The boss walks back inside.

Kristina walks out of the house, and gets in the car. She is wearing a short red dress, with red high-heels. Her hair done, and make up on.

Nick: Wow.. you look amazing. *ahem*

Kristina: Thanks. *smiles*

Nick: You know we could skip the whole prom thing.. it isn't worth it.. go see a movie, have dinner, or something like that.

Kristina: Don't be silly. Let's go.

Nick: *sighs* Alright then.

Nick drives to the school, and drops her off.

Nick: I'll be in the parking lot. Have fun.

Kristina: I will. *smiles*

Krissy walks into the school gym (Where the prom is being held). She looks around for her boyfriend... but she doesn't see him.

But then.. Kristina's heart drops. She watches her boyfriend Derek, dancing with one of her enemies.. a rich bitch popular girl in school. They kiss.. rather passionately.

Kristina walks over to them, and slaps Derek over the side of the head with her handbag.

Derek: What the fuck Kristina?!

Kristina: You sleazy son of a bitch! You told me you were going to prom with me! Instead.. you go with.. HER?! She's older!

Girl: Shut your mouth Mob Princess. What the hell do you know? Your up daddy's ass! Maybe guys like women.. not whiny little teenage girls.

Derek: Krissy, let's go outside.

Derek grabs Krissy by the arm, and leads her outside.

Nick watches from the parking lot, as they argue. Eventually, Kristina walks over to Nick's car.

Nick: Everything alright?

Kristina: I need to sort out some issues with my boyfriend. I'm going to his place, to talk. He invented me.

Nick: Kristina, that's not a good idea. I'm supposed to..

Kristina: I am relieving you. Go home early.

Kristina walks away.. Nick knows something is wrong, but there isn't much he can do.

Nick goes back to his apartment, as Kristina rides with Derek and his other "girlfriend".

When they arrive, alcohol is offered.. and Kristina drinks it. She feels alone, as the house party grows. People doing drugs, people kissing, it's all very teenage-like. Eventually, Derek grabs Krissy, and leads her upstairs to a room.

Derek: Having fun? *snorts crack on the nearby table*

Kristina: No. I'm not. We need to talk.

Derek: Come on baby.. relax.. *offers Kristina some crack*

Kristina: No Derek!

Derek grabs Kristina, and kisses her, as Krissy pushes him away.

She yells, and tries to fight him off, as He pushes her onto the bed. Kristina kicks Derek in the privates.

Derek: ARGH! YOU LITTLE BITCH!

Derek hits Kristina in the face.

Kristina: *cries* You son of a bitch! Let go of me!

Derek tears Krissy's dress, and continues to punch her.

Krissy grabs the nearby lamp, and whacks Derek over the head.

She takes the moment to run into the bathroom, and lock the door. Her hands shake, as Kristina takes out her cellphone.

Diner..

Nick sits at a booth in a diner, alone. Drinking a milkshake.. depressed. His cellphone rings.

Nick: Hello?
Caller: Nick! It's me! HELP! PLEASE! *cries*
Nick: Krissy?
Caller: *in the background* Where's your daddy now? COME ON OUT YOU LITTLE SLUT! *To Nick* NICK! HELP! I'm upstairs! First bedroom!

Nick is only minutes away from the house. He throws money on the table to pay for the milkshake, and runs out the door. He gets in his car, and speeds down the road, and to the house.

Derek begins to use furniture, trying to break down the bathroom door, as Kristina sits in the corner, crying.

Everyone downstairs can't hear what is going on. Between the loud music, and the fact that mostly everyone is either drunk, or stoned.

Nick parks his guy, and gets out.

Guy: Heyyyyyy duuuuuuuddddde. Come on in and enjjjjjjjoy the party dddddduuuuuuuuuude.

Nick runs inside.

He knocks people out of the way.. and reaches the bedroom door. It's locked. Nick takes out his gun.

Nick: POLICE! OPEN UP!

Suddenly.. the party goes silent.

Guy: COP! GET OUT!

A mad stampede of teenagers jump over furniture, as they try to get out of the house.

Nick fires his gun at the door, blowing the handle off. He goes inside, gun pointed at Derek.

Derek: What the fuck?!

Nick: DOWN ON YOUR KNEES! DOWN ON YOUR KNEES! NOW! Hands behind your head!

Derek gets down on the ground, and Nick hits him over the head with the gun.

Nick: Lay down, and shut the fuck up. *looks at bathroom door* Krissy! Open up!

Kristina opens the bathroom door, and runs into Nick's arms. Bloody, and full of tears.

Nick: It's okay.. your safe now. *kisses her forehead*

Suddenly, gun shots are heard. Nick's backup has arrived. The Leone guards scare away the rest of the teenagers, and run upstairs.

Nick: Take her to the hospital.

Guard: Who did this to her? We have to tell the boss!

Nick: This sack of shit. *points to Derek* You guys go.. I'll take care of him.

Kristina doesn't want to leave Nick, but she has no choice. The guards take her downstairs, and they drive her to a hospital.

Now Nick is alone.. with Derek.

He pulls over a chair, and lights a cigarette.

Derek lies in some blood, his head bleeding after Nick hit him with the gun.

Posted Image

Nick: So Derek.. What do you think will happen to you? I have to say.. for a bright student.. your really stupid. Beating up the daughter of a mob boss? Not cool. So what will it be? Want me to tell the Don? Have him order your murder? Or should I kill you myself?

Derek: Fuck you. I did nothing. That bitch deserved it.

Nick: Let's go with option 2 then.

Nick walks over to a nearby table of drugs. He grabs a needle filled with heroin.

Nick: Time for school Derek. Do you know what happens when you mix all sorts of powerful drugs in someone's body? It can cause an overdose. And.. funny thing.. no one will care. I will make your death look like a sad tragic accident. Poor Derek beat his girlfriend, the friends left the party, and he overdosed by himself.

Derek: Please.. no.. I have seen people overdose.. just kill me..

Nick: I'm sure you have. Probably because you supplied them with the drugs.

Nick takes a needle from his jacket, and injects Derek with a sedative. It knocks him out.

Derek awakens.. his arms bloody.. his head dizzy. He can't move.

Nick: How do you feel? I injected so much heroin into you, your heart-rate should be slowed down. Your breathing slower. You will die within minutes.

Derek: All of.. this.. for a bitch.. you fuckin sick prick..

Nick: Funny. I could say the same thing to you. Except not the bitch part. Kristina isn't a bitch. But now.. your MY bitch. *smiles*

Nick gets ready to leave.

Derek: Don't.. leave me here..

Nick: I changed my mind. I'm going to burn this house down. Destroy all evidence. But you'll be dead by then.

Nick walks downstairs.. as Derek coughs.. his heart slows down.. stops.. and he dies.

Nick empties liquor bottles on the floor, and lights a match. He walks out of the house, as it goes up in flames.

Hospital..

A bruised and battered Kristina lies in the hospital bed. Her father next to her.

Posted Image

Don Leone: Kristina.. I need to know who did this to you.

Kristina: I just want to see Nick.

Don Leone: I'm sure Nick is busy..

Suddenly, a knock at the door. Kristina's eyes light up, as Nick walks in.

Nick: Krissy.. I'm so sorry.. I should have never..

Kristina: Don't be. You saved me. It's my own fault for going with them.

Nick: Well.. he will never harm you again.

Don Leone: Nick.. come out in the hall for a minute.

Hallway..

Don Leone: First off, I don't like that you left her alone. Second, I didn't give you an order to do ANYTHING! Where is this son of a bitch?

Nick: Didn't you hear? He overdosed on drugs. Then his house went up in flames.

Don Leone grabs Nick by the throat, and pins him against the wall. Kristina can clearly see the struggle.

Don Leone: I do not care if the bastard deserved to die. BUT I DID NOT GIVE YOU THE ORDER! It is a weakness, and a sign that I can't trust you.

Nick: If you think my actions were a weakness, so be it. But I was not going to let the son of a bitch walk.

Don Leone: ... Do you have feelings my daughter?

Kristina listens.

Nick: No sir.

Don Leone: Your lying. Again. I miss the old Nick.. my old quite soldier who worked at the warehouse. Your fired from Kristina bodyguard duty permanently. Your back at the docks.. however.. there is already someone managing. So you will work at square one.

Nick: The fuck I will! I AM A MADE MAN! The hell I will work with the no ranks!

All of the hospital employees watch.

Don Leone: I am the boss! NOT YOU! You do as I say! Suddenly you care about the job? Before you just wanted the cash!

Nick: Because my mother was dying you heartless son of a bitch! *punches the boss*

Don Leone: ... Get the hell out.

Nick: My pleasure. *looks at Kristina* *smiles at her*

Nick walks down the hall, and leaves the hospital.

The Don walks into Krissy's room.

Kristina: Is Derek dead?

Don Leone: I didn't give the order Krissy. But yes.. I think Nick killed him.

Kristina gulps.

Kristina: I didn't want you to fire him.

Don Leone: Honestly Krissy, I don't care what you want.

Nick's Apartment..

Nick falls into a downward spiral. He trashes his apartment, glass everywhere. Nick sits on the sofa, drinking some whiskey.

Knock at the door.

Nick: If your here to kill me, come on in. Doors open.

Jack walks in.

Nick: Are you the hitman?

Jack: No.. I'm not. But I've been told to come here, and see if your alright.

Nick: By who? The Don?

Jack: No. Kristina. I have to ask Nick.. are you having a relationship with her?

Nick: Why does everyone keep asking me that? No.. I'm not. *drinks whiskey*

Jack: Next time, if you want to punch someone.. choose someone other than the boss.

Nick: Am I fired?

Jack: This isn't a small-time job Nick. You can't be "fired". But.. you broke some trust. And.. The Don could have you killed.

Nick: Let him. I'll be waiting. Saving Kristina was worth it.

Jack: WAKE THE FUCK UP NICK! She's a teenage girl! She's 16! She doesn't no love! All she knows is "her hero"! And your painting yourself to BE HER HERO! It's sick! Do not toss away your life for her!

#9 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

Amadar...  

Gondien wakes up with a heavy heart.  As soon as he opens his eyes, he remembers what day this is.  It's a hard day for him, and it's a day he dreads every year.  Today is the anniversery of his wife's death.  He sits up, and takes a photo from his bedside cabinet.  It's photo of him & his wife, looking happy and smiling.  Gondien sits on his bed, and looks at the photo for a long time, tears trickling down his cheek

GONDIEN:  ArielAnna.  My princess.   *traces his wife's face in the photo*   The pain of losing you is still with me.  Why did you have to leave me like this?  We were so... happy.   *sighs deeply*   The only comfort I can take from your death, is that you are no longer suffering.  Your illness was long and hard.  *kisses the photo*   Your children are growing up quickly.  You would be so proud of them.  Your son stands tall and strong.  His archery skills are second to none, yet he seems to improve every day.  And your daughter... I see so much of you in her.  She is beautiful and gentle and kind, just like her mother.   *cries*   Although you are lost to me, I will love you forever.  

Gondien weeps quietly as memories of his wife fill his head.  The day he first saw her... when he first held her hand... the first kiss... the way she tilted her head when asking a question.  So many memories.  

GONDIEN:  I hope you are at peace, my ArielAnna... my princess.  

Gondien gently lays the photo down on his bed, then puts his robes on.  When he is fully dressed, he kisses the photo again, and puts it in his pocket.  Then he leaves the bedroom, and walks out into the living room.  

ALESSEA:  *cheerily*   Good morning father.   *kisses Gondien's cheek*   I made pancakes and syrup for our breakfast.   *leads Gondien to the breakfast table*   How many pancakes would you like?  

GONDIEN:  *sad*   Thankyou my child, but I am not hungry.  I do not wish breakfast.  

Alessea looks at Gondien's sad, forlorn, tear-stained face, and then she remembers.  

ALESSEA:  Father... it's *that* day today, isn't it?  When mother...

GONDIEN:  *nods slowly*  It is.  

ALESSEA:  *puts her arms round Gondien's shoulders*   I'm sorry father.  

GONDIEN:  *tries to smile*   Do not trouble yourself, my child.  You and your brother were so young when your mother died.   *takes out the photo*  

ALESSEA:  *looks at the photo*   She's so beautiful.  

GONDIEN:  As is her daughter.   *pats Alessea's cheek affectionately*  

AURELIUS:  *pulling his chair closer to Gondien*   Tell us again how you met mother.  

GONDIEN:  *sighs*   I was taking a walk in some woods... not far from here.  I remember that day so well.  The air was fresh... clean.  The sun shone brightly, down through the trees.  I walked for several hours, then I came to a clearing.  Then I saw her.  An angel, sent down from the heavens above.  She was so beautiful.   *pauses*   She was not aware of my presence at first, so I watched, hypnotized, as she danced.  Such beauty... such grace.  I fell instantly in love with her.  I stepped forward to introduce myself.  But she had not expected anyone else to be there.  She got such a fright, she ran.  But she had dropped her silk shawl.  So I ran after her to return it.  From that moment on, we were... inseperable.  

AURELIUS:  It's a beautiful story, father.  I know you miss her terribly.  

GONDIEN:  I do.  Every day.  But I have my children with me, and they are a blessing.  *embraces Aurelius & Alessea*    

ALESSEA:  *tilts her head*  I wish I could have known her.  Do you think she would be proud of us?  Of Aurelius and I, I mean?

GONDIEN:  *looks at Alessea tilting her head*   She would be VERY proud of her children.  Her daughter shares the same beauty and grace, while her son shares her courage and determination.  

AURELIUS:  Can we go down to the meadow today, father?  In rememberance?  

GONDIEN:  That is a lovely idea, my son.   *smiles*   It does this old heart good, to talk about her.  

ALESSEA:  I can pick fresh flowers for her, in the meadow, father.  But first, you must eat breakfast.  You must keep your strength up.   *kisses Gondien's cheek*  

GONDIEN:  I am blessed, to have such wonderful children.  You look after your father well, my child.  

Gondien, Alessea, and Aurelius eat pancakes and syrup for breakfast.  Gondien is still full of sorrow, on the anniversary of his wife's death, and he is glad to have his children with him.  After breakfast, they head down to the meadow, and sit in peace, remembering ArielAnna.  It's an emotional afternoon... full of tears and sadness, but also joy at ArielAnna's life.  Gondien talks more about her... their wedding here in the meadow, Aurelius's birth, Alessea's birth... and more.  It makes him feel better, talking about his wife.  It's late afternoon before they return home.

#10 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:12 AM

New York..

Nick: Honestly Jack, I'm not throwing my life away for her. But I was considering leaving the Leone Organization for days now. I don't need the cash.. not to run around town and drive someone's daughter around.

Jack: You want out?

Nick: Yes.

Jack: You can't just leave..

Nick: Yes you can. I'm taking my earnings, and moving out of this city. I've always loved Europe. Never been there. I want to open a pub.. live the simple lifestyle.

Jack: What about me.. and Kristina?

Nick: You can always visit me, have some drinks. As for Kristina.. there is nothing going on there. Nothing more than foot rubs, and talk.

Jack: Before you make any sudden decisions, sleep it over Nick. Think about it.

Nick: *drinks whiskey* Fine.

Jack: Listen.. I have to go.. I'll be by tomorrow.

As Jack leaves, Nick spends the night drinking. He falls asleep on the sofa.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Nick: Ugh.. *wipes eyes* Jack.. go away..

Voice: Nick! It's Kristina! Open up!

Nick: Oh fuck.. *rolls off sofa* There's a key under the door mat.. let yourself in.

Kristina unlocks the door, and walks in.

Kristina: Not too secure for a mobster's apartment.. you alright?

Nick lies on the ground, looking at Kristina's boots.

Nick: Oh yes. I'm juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust fine. Couldn't be any better. Doe your father know your here?

Kristina: Why thanks for asking about my release from the hospital. Why yes Nick, I'm doing better thank you. And.. no. He doesn't know I'm here.

Nick: I feel like hell.

Kristina: You look like hell. I came here for a reason. I want to know..

Nick picks himself up, and sits on the sofa.

Kristina: Did you kill him?

Nick: Which "him"? *pours himself a drink*

Kristina takes the bottles, and dumps them in the sink.

Nick: HEY! I wasn't done drinking that.

Kristina: FOCUS! Derek! My boyfriend.. um.. ex-boyfriend! Did you kill him?

Nick: Are you a cop?

Kristina: For once in your life Nick, be serious! Stop being charming. Tell me the truth.

Nick: You think I'm charming?

Kristina: *Ahem*

Nick: Oh yes.. I did. I took out the trash. Did you want him to live?

Kristina sits down next to him.

Kristina: I don't know.. I'm conflicted.. I didn't love him.. and.. I never had the courage.. to leave him.

Nick: Did he beat you before?

Kristina nods.

Kristina: When he tried to have sex with me. But I refused.. I wasn't ready.

Nick: I'm sorry Krissy.

Kristina hugs Nick.

Nick: It's over now.

Kristina: All this time.. I was afraid to leave him. And here you were.. talking to me. Always being there for me. Giving me those foot rubs. *laughs* Your special.

Nick: Kristina.. I know where your heading with his. Don't.

Kristina: What?

Nick: I may have to leave New York.

Kristina: Why?

Nick: Punching your father was a bad idea.. but on top of that, even before that.. I think he suspected something was going on between us. And when he wanted to bump me back down to a low-paying job.. I snapped.

Kristina: I can talk to him. We can sort this out.

Nick: Your 16 Kristina. Your too young.

Kristina: I hate hearing that. I hear it all the time.

Nick: And honestly Kristina.. a party girl isn't my type.

Kristina: A party girl? Excuse me? Is that all I am?

Nick: All a teenager thinks about is having fun, and having sex. Honestly Kristina, that part of my life passed a long time ago. So much so, I never got to experience it. Yes, I'm damaged. But honestly, I don't want to damage you.

Kristina: So your just going to leave? Like that? Nothing?

Nick: Kristina.. I am nothing more than an illustrated hero. You needed help, I came to your rescue. Now I'm the "perfect man" for you. Let me tell you something.. I'm far from perfect.

Kristina kisses Nick on the cheek.

Kristina: You don't love me?

Nick: At your age.. love barely exists. You don't know what love is yet Kristina. When I look at you, all I see is the part of my life I missed out on. You deserve better.

Kristina: What if I don't want better?

Nick: *gets up, and opens the door* Then your a fool.

Kristina: No Nick. I'm not going.

Nick: Kristina.. listen to me. Your father, wants to put a bullet in my head. In plain english, I don't think fucking his daughter will help the situation!

Kristina walks over to Nick, and kisses him passionately.

Kristina pushes Nick onto the sofa, as Nick's hands run up her feet, and her legs.

Nick stops.

Nick: No.. no.. Jack was right.. I'm not wasting my life on you Kristina. I'm not getting killed because of you.

Nick goes into the bathroom, and locks the door.

A crying Kristina walks out of the apartment, and slams the door.

LATER THAT NIGHT..

Somewhere in New York..

A police officer is sitting in his squad car, at a traffic light. He pulls into a nearby diner, and gets out. Upon walking near the entrance, a man in a dark hooded jacket takes out a gun.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

The office is shot dead in the parking lot.. the shooter drops the gun, and walks away.

30 MINUTES LATER..

Leone Compound..

A man walks into Don Leone's office.

Man: It's done sir.

Don Leone: Did you leave the prints on the gun?

Man: Yes sir. Nick Zarano's prints are all over the murder weapon.

Don Leone: Good. That cop was a headache anyway. Now Nick Zarano will be sent to prison, and I don't have to take care of him myself.

Nick's Apartment..

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Voice: FBI! OPEN UP!

Silence.

Voice: 5..4..3..2..1..

The SWAT team breaks the door down, and finds an empty apartment. Everything.. has been cleared out.

Leone Compound..

The Don walks up to Kristina's room.

Kristina: Did he do it.. did he kill a cop?

Don Leone: I don't know Krissy. Guess we'll never know. Get some sleep.

Kristina turns out the light, sighs, and goes to sleep.

Plane..

Speaker: Attention ladies and gentlemen, we're close to landing at London Airport. Please buckle your seat-belts and prepare for landing.

Nick smiles, and drinks his glass of whiskey.

Once landed, Nick heads to the nearest strip club.

Nick spends the night watching the youngest "teenage-looking" stripper.. who happens to be wearing a brown colored wig.

MORNING..

Nick arrives at the office of a commercial real estate agent.. wanting to buy property for a new building. A pub.

As the months pass, Nick's building is built.. and the pub opens.

(Remember Frodo, our story-lines can be in different time periods. So you don't have to advance yours by months if you don't want to.  :sweat: )

Pub..

Nick is living the easy life. Running his pub, while getting involved with a small mafia family in town. Nick's wanted status back in the states, remaining a secret.

As the weeks go by.. Nick is becoming frustrated. You think running a pub would get you a girlfriend. Not this pub. Most of his customers are older women, older men, and old drunk sailors.

One night, when Nick closes up shop, he walks down the cold snowy, London streets. He thinks about his life back in New York.. wondering what Kristina is doing.

Nick: Knowing Kristina, probably getting it on with 2 guys at once. *rolls eyes*

Nick walks down the street, and eventually notices a strip club.. but what's odd about this strip club.. is the "Hotel" sign. Brothels aka whorehouses are not allowed legally. But some manage to survive underground. When a "hotel" is part of a strip club.. it becomes obvious.

Nick walks inside, and approaches the female clerk.

Clerk: ID?

Nick: I'm not looking to enter the strip club.. I'm looking for.. a "room".

Clerk: Are you a cop?

Nick hands her his ID.

Nick: No.

Clerk: That will be £60 for a blowjob, and private strip session.

Nick: What about for.. the "full experience"?

Clerk: £300. By the way.. aren't you a little young to be here?

Nick: Wow.. that's pricey. And yeah.. I know. I'm here to.. well.. mind as well say it. Lose my virginity.

Clerk: Your handsome buddy. Surprised you couldn't find a girl to do it with. Tell ya what.. I'll give your my own special "cute virgin" discount. £250. They are worth every penny.

Nick: Choice of girl?

Clerk: Yep.

Nick: Here.

Nick hands over the cash.

Clerk: Come with me honey.

The clerk leaves Nick into the backroom, where girls all sit around, laughing and talking.

Clerk: Hey girls.. this is.. is..

Nick: Nick.

Clerk: Nick. He's here to lose his virginity.

Some of the girls laugh.

A girl with long red-hair sits in the back, looking at the ground.

Clerk: Which one?

Blonde Girl: I could help you out with your virginity problem handsome..

Nick: No. Her. *points to the redhead*

Girl: But.. it's my first day here!

Clerk: Sorry Candy. He chose you.

The girl sighs, and follows Nick upstairs.

Clerk: Room 2! Have fun now!

Nick and the girl walk into the dark room.

Girl: So.. um.. how do you like it?

Nick: I'm a virgin remember. I don't have a planned checklist.

Girl: Oh. Right.

Nick: What's your name?

Girl: Candy.

Nick: No. Your real name.

Girl: Sarah.

Nick: Alright Sarah.. tell you what.. how about a nice dinner out at a cheap 24-hour greasy diner.

Sarah: You paid.. all that money.. just to have dinner with me?

Nick: Yes. I'm crazy, and I'm lonely. Want to eat?

Sarah: After eating nothing but..

Nick: WHOA! Too much info.

Sarah: ... all night. Sure. I could eat. Your money.

The clerk watches Nick and Sarah walk downstairs.

Clerk: What the hell? HEY! No taking her off property!

Nick: Bill me!

Nick and Sarah walk outside, and head to the diner.

#11 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:16 AM

The Shire...

It's been several months since Frodi last saw her father.  But it's been like this for as long as Frodi can remember - her dad was barely around when she was gowing up.  And when he was around, he made his hate for Frodi very clear

Today, Frodi is sitting by the stream, with her feet dangling in the water.  She loves sitting by the stream.  It's so peaceful and beautiful, with lots of flowers all around.  She watches a butterfly fluttering around nearby, and smiles to herself.  

FRODI:  *to herself*   I love sitting here, at the stream.  I could sit here all day, and watch the world go by.  But I really should go to the market.  I need some eggs, and oil for the lamps, and the neighbour asked me to get some cheese for her.  Oh, and I want to get some fresh flowers, too.  The house looks so much more cheerful with fresh flowers.   *smiles*   Okay Frodi Greenhand... let's go.  

Frodi splashes her feet in the stream one more time, then stand up, and goes to the market.  She walks through the market, buying what she needs.  Finally, she makes her way to the flower stall.  But as she approaches the stall, she walks past a shy, male hobbit.  It's Orgulas.  He opens his mouth to say something... but too late.  The moment has passed.  Frodi reaches the flower stall, without even noticing Orgulas.  He watches, as she buys several bunches of flowers.  

ORGULAS:  *sigh*   She doesn't even know I exist.  

Frodi leaves the market, and heads for home, stopping off at the neighbour's house.  

FRODI:  Hey there.  I have your cheese for you.   *hands cheese to the neighbour*   I looked so good, I got some for myself as well.  

NEIGHBOUR:  *smiles*   Bless you, Frodi.  My husband is rather partial to a bit of cheese before bed.  He wouldn't be happy, if we ran out.  I see you got some fresh flowers as well.  

FRODI:  Yes, it really brightens the house up.  Speaking of which, I must go and put them in water.  Good day to you.  

Frodi leaves the neighbour, and goes back to her own house.  She puts the flowers in water, and smiles.  

Meanwhile, across town.  Orgulas arrives home.  

ORGULAS:  I saw her again today, Stengolas.  At the market.  She was buying more flowers.  

STENGOLAS:  Who?  Your mystery hobbit?  Did you talk to her this time?

ORGULAS:   *shakes head.*   I... almost did.  But she was gone, before I could say anything.  I still don't even know her name.  

STENGOLAS:  Well, ask her.  You've had a crush on her for months, now.  Next time you see her, just start talking to her, and ask her name.  She won't bite... I don't think.   *teases*  

ORGULAS:  I will.  I'm working up to it.  Anyway, I may not know her name, but I do know other things about her.  I know she loves flowers.  And I know she likes to sit by the stream.  I see her there sometimes.    

STENGOLAS:  *rolls his eyes*   What do you see in her, anyway?  I've seen her, when you drag me to the market, and she's not very pretty.  You can do much better for yourself.

ORGULAS:  I think she's VERY pretty.  And there's just something about her... I can't explain it.  

STENGOLAS:  Okay, listen.  Next time you see her... TALK TO HER!  I know you're shy, but she's never gonna know who you are, if you don't talk to her.  Promise me you'll talk to her, Orgulas?  

ORGULAS:  *slowly*   I will.  I promise.  Thanks for the advice.  

A week passes...  

Frodi returns home from the market, with some fresh flowers.  She starts arranging the flowers into vases.  Suddenly, she hears a noise coming from the front door.  The door flies open, and her dad stands there... drunk, and obviously in a bad mood

FRODI:  *jumps*   DAD!  

FORSCO:  ...

FRODI:  Um, where's Trixie?  

FORSCO:   *snaps*   Who?  

FRODI:  *nervous*   Trixie?  You brought her here... a few months ago.  

FORSCO:  *walking into the kitchen*   Oh, her!  I got bored withs her.   *stares at Frodi*   Tell me shomething Frodish.  Why are you sho uglysh?  I can barely stand to look at you!   *spits at Frodi*  

FRODI:  *looks down at ground*  

FORSCO:  ANSHWER ME!!!  Why did your usheless, mother have to go and get herself pregnant with you?  You're PATHETIC!  

FRODI:  *cries*   Dad... please...

FORSCO:  *mocking*   Dad please... dad please.  You make me SICK, with your stupid, whiny voice, and you're hidious face.  You're completely usheless.  You don't deserve to be around deshent hobbitsh.   *sees the vases of flowers on kitchen table*   And whatsh thish crap?  

FRODI:  *backs away*   Flowers.  They... I thought they would brighten up the house.  

FORSCO:  I don't want no bloody flowers stinking up my house... BITCH!   Must you ruin EVERYTHING?

Frodi screams, as Forsco picks up a vase of flowers, and throws it at her.  The vase misses her by inches, and smashes against the wall.  Forsco picks up the other vase, and throws that at her as well.  Again, it misses.  

FORSCO:   *squints at Frodi, trying to focus*   Damn... must you move around, when I'm trying to throw things at you?  That's just another example of how selfish and inconsiderate you are.  

FRODI:  *cries*

FORSCO:  Oh, for god sake... SHUT UP!

Forsco raises his fist, and hits her.  

FORSCO:  See?  It's so much easier if you stand still.   *hits her again*  

Frodi breaks free, and runs from the house in tears.  Her dad has always been mean to her.  But when he's in one of his bad moods, it's unbearable.  Frodi flees to the only place she feels safe - the stream.

#12 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

The Shire...

Orgulas is talking a walk through the Shire, stretching his legs, and minding his own business.  He reaches the stream, and stops dead in his tracks.  He sees someone sitting next to the stream

ORGULAS:  *gasps*   It's her!  My sweet little hobbit.  She's here!  What am I going to do?   *takes deep breaths*   Okay Orgulas... calm yourself down.  You promised Stengolas you would talk to her... so talk to her you will.  At least find out her name.  Don't be shy now.  Come on, you can do this.  Just go and introduce yourself.  But wait... a gentlehobbit wouldn't go empty handed, would he?  

Orgulas looks around, and sees a rose bush, full of red roses, sitting nearby.  The roses are just starting to open out, and look beautiful.  Orgulas carefully plucks a single red rose, then approaches Frodi.  

ORGULAS:  *cough*   Ahem... excuse me...

FRODI:   *still upset, cos of her dad*   Oh, I'm sorry sir.  Am I in your way?  Forgive me.  I'll go now.  

Frodi stands up to leave, but keeps her head down.  

ORGULAS:  NO!  Don't go!  I mean, erm...  you're not in my way.  Why can't we both sit here, and enjoy the peace and quiet?  

FRODI:  Thankyou sir.  I like it down here by the stream.  It helps me think.  

ORGULAS:  *feeling very nervous*   Um... for you.  *holds out the rose to Frodi*   A beautiful rose for a beautiful hobbit.  I know you probably have lots of males telling you how pretty you are, but still...

Frodi still keeps her head down, feeling very shy of this stranger.  All her life, her father has told her how ugly she is.  No-one has ever said she is pretty before.  And no-one has wanted to give her flowers before, either.  Who is this hobbit?  

FRODI:  *nervously takes the rose and smells it*   A rose?  Oh, it's beautiful.  Thankyou kindly, sir.  No-one has ever given me flowers before, or told me I'm pretty.  

ORGULAS:  If no-one has told you that before, then the Shire must be full of blind idiots.   *pauses*   So might I know the name of the prettiest hobbit in the Shire?   *smiles*  

FRODI:  Frodi, sir.  Frodi Greenhand.  

ORGULAS:  Frodi?  Pretty name.  I'm Orgulas Smallburrow.   *takes Frodi's hand, and kisses it*    

FRODI:  It's a pleasure to meet you Orgulas.  

Frodi finally raises her head to look at Orgulas.  For the first time, he sees the tears in her eyes, and the large bruise on her face.  He is shocked that anyone could be cable of this.  He gently reaches out his arm towards her bruise.  She flinches at first, feeling afraid.  But she sees the concern in his face.  

ORGULAS:  FRODI!  Who... who did this to you?  Who gave you this bruise, and made you cry?  

FRODI:  ... You shouldn't have to hear my problems, Orgulas.  Not when we've only just met.  

ORGULAS:  Frodi, whatever your problems are, you don't have to deal with them by yourself.  And NO-ONE should raise their hand to another hobbit!  Tell me who did this to you?  

Frodi isn't used to talking with strangers.  She normally feels very shy around hobbits she doesn't know.  But there's something about Orgulas's gentle nature, and look of concern, that makes her feel safe around him.  

FRODI:  *slowly*   It was my father.  He gets angry sometimes.  

ORGULAS:   *shocked*   YOUR FATHER???   *pauses*   Well, I was taught that family is important, so I shouldn't speak against your father.  But I will say this - he is wrong to do this.  VERY wrong!  I don't normally despise hobbits I've never met, but in your father's case, I'll make an exception.   *grits teeth*   But you're not alone, Frodi.  Not anymore.  You have a friend in me.

#13 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:29 PM

London..

Diner..

Nick and Sarah walk into a 24-hour diner, and settle into their seats.

Nick orders a cheeseburger and fries, while Sarah orders a salad.

Nick: A salad?

Sarah: I need to stay thin.. job requirement.

Nick: Screw your job. I'm paying.

Sarah: .... I'll have a steak, a slice of ham, and mashed potatoes.

Nick: That's more like it.

Sarah: So.. explain why you did this. Are you THAT lonely? You need to hire me, just to have company?

Nick: Maybe. I'm not your normal guy.

Nick and Sarah enjoy dinner, while talking about their lives.

Eventually, Nick brings up the pub topic. Sarah wants to see the pub for herself, so after dinner, they walk to Nick's pub.

#14 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:48 PM

London..

Nick's Pub..

Posted Image

Nick unlocks, and holds the door open for Sarah. They walk inside the empty pub.

Sarah: Wow! Nice place.

Nick: Thanks. Drink?

Sarah: A glass of vodka please.

Nick: Coming right up. *takes his place behind the bar*

Sarah: So.. why can't a nice guy like you find a girl?

Nick: Because I've learned that nice guys get walked on. We get trampled over. Sure, we're fun for a while. But when that hot bad boy comes along.. we're tossed to the curb. And when that bad boy beats you up, you come running back to us.

Sarah: Don't be sexist. Not all women are like that. You know the wrong kind I suppose.

Nick: Yeah. Maybe. *drinks, and hands Sarah her drink*

Nick and Sarah talk for a while, and continue to drink.

Sarah: So.. you have an apartment?

Nick: No. I live on the curb.

Sarah: ...

Nick: Of course I have an apartment. But.. I know what your doing. I don't take pity sex.

Sarah gets up, and approaches Nick.

Sarah: What if I wanted it?

Sarah kisses Nick.

Nick: ... Come on.

Nick takes Sarah's hand, and leads her outside.

Nick's Apartment..

After the short walk to Nick's apartment, Sarah and Nick go inside the dark apartment.

Nick grabs Sarah, and kisses her. They lean against the wall, as Nick kisses her neck, and runs his hand up her skirt.

Sarah: I'll take it slow.. *moans*

Nick: Don't. I know what I'm doing.

Nick and Sarah fall onto the bed, as Nick's hands run up her legs. They make-out passionately, as Sarah wraps her legs around Nick.

As the night rolls on, Nick loses his virginity to Sarah.

#15 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:02 AM

Amadar...

Gondien and Alessea are talking in their hut, enjoying the beautiful weather. Suddenly, Aurelius bursts in through the door. He has a grin on his face, and seems excited about something

GONDIEN: *smiles* Good afternoon, my son. How fare thee?

AURELIUS: I'm fine father, thankyou for asking. *shuffles from one foot to the other* Father... I...

GONDIEN: What is it, my son? You seem excited.

AURELIUS: I am! Father... You have taught me the ways of the bow, and I am forever grateful. *pauses* There's an event next month... at the Young Archers Society.

GONDIEN: Yes, I am aware of such an event.

AURELIUS: They hold this event every year... they say the best archers every year will gain entry into the Society itself. Father, the club is highly respected.  If I win, I will be able to enter the club premises whenever I please.  I can train, and improve my skills further. It would mean a lot to me if you would give your blessing for me to enter this year. It was you who first taught me the ways of the bow, and I am forever grateful. *looks at Gondien excitedly*

Gondien looks at Aurelius, and a huge smile spreads across his face.

GONDIEN: You make your father VERY proud. Your love of the bow has always been evident, and you have far surpassed your father's skill.

AURELIUS: So I have your blessing?

GONDIEN: You do indeed.

Alessea jumps up, and hugs her brother excitedly.

ALESSEA: Aurelius, that is WONDERFUL. It's always been your dream to get into the Society.

For the next month, Aurelius practices hard with his bow and arrows, with the help of Gondien and Alessea. Finally, the big day arrives. They all make their way to the Young Archers Society gardens.

AURELIUS: Oh, I'm so nervous.

GONDIEN: Just remember your breathing. Focus on your target, and block out all else. And Aurelius... whatever the outcome today, you are my son, I am so proud of you. Never forget that.

Gondien hugs his son warmly, and so does Alessea. Then Aurelius has to go to the competitors section.

The Announcer appears, and explains what is happening to everyone

ANNOUNCER: Good afternoon fair elves. Welcome to the Annual Young Archers Society event. Thankyou for attending on this very special day, in support of your friends and loved ones. This event has the intention of young archers come together to test their skills. We offer membership into our society for the brightest, mose promising archer. Some call this a rite of passage.... a mark into adulthood. But above all else... this is a day of fun. *pauses* This year, we have 10 young archers, each competing in 4 events. Each archer will have 3 attempts at an event. The archers are...

The Announces names all 10 archers. Aurelius is number 4.

ANNOUNCER: EVENT 1 is about to begin, fair elves. We will start out gently, to encourage our archers. In this event, our archers must shoot their arrow at the bullseye *points to the bullseye board several feet away* Emphasis lies with accuracy. They must aim for target in centre of the board. Will the archers please get into position.

The archers, including Aurelius, get into position.  Then they each get 3 shots to score bullseye.  7 out of the 10 elves get at least 1 bullseye.  Only 2 elves (Aurelius and someone else) get all 3 bullseyes.  Gondien and Alessea cheer like crazy for him.  

ANNOUNCER:  Well done to our young archers.  Now on to EVENT 2.  Still using our bullseye boards, the archers must again try to hit the bullseye.  The only difference is... this time, the boards will be MOVING!  Yes, that's right.  The boards are on tracks, and will move back and forth.  Let's see how they do.  

Again, the archers line up, and aim at the boards.  With the boards moving, it makes things somewhat tricker, and only 5 elves manage to get at least 1 bullseye.  This time, only Aurelius gets all 3 bullseyes.  Gondien and Alessea hug each other with excitement.  

ANNOUNCER:  Well, we have some talented archers with us today.  On to EVENT 3.  Things are starting to heat up.  As you can see, we have 3 burning hoops.  The archers must fire an arrow through the burning hoops, and shoot an apple,  *points to the apple*   which is placed on a stool behind the hoops.  Archers, place take your places.  

The archers all line up.  When it comes to Aurelius's turn, his first arrow is perfect!  It flies straight through the burning hoops, and lands in the apple on the far side.  His second arrow also flies through the hoops... only to fall just short of the apple.  He groans in frustration.  But he makes a good comeback with his last arrow, hitting the apple perfectly.  Gondien and Alessea look on, enjoying themselves immensely.  

ANNOUNCER:  Well done elves.  Now, onto the last event.  EVENT 4.  Our archers must run along the track.  When then reach the first point  *indicates a mark on the ground*  a ball will be fired from the catapult here.   *points to the catapult*  They must try to hit the ball, WHILE they are running.  As always, they get 3 shots.  But with both the target moving, and the archer moving, this is our most challenging event.  Let's wish them all good luck.  

The event starts.  When it comes to Aurelius's turn, he starts running.  The ball is fired from the catapult, and Aurelius shoots his arrow.  The arrow hits the ball... but it bounces off, and hits the ground.  Gondien and Alessea can feel his frustration.  But his second and third arrows hit their mark perfectly.  He gives a satisfied smile.  When he is done, he goes back to the contestant area, and waits, while the other elves have their turn.  Gondien and Alessea are hourse by this time.  Finally, Event 4 is finished.  

ANNOUNCER:  Well, all our elves have done EXTREMELY well.  They all deserve our congratulations.  Please give praise to all of them.  But now... it's time to announce which of our lucky archers will be receiving entry into our Young Archers Society, and gain membership to bows, arrows, bullseye boards, and rings, whenever they wish.  

Aurelius looks nevervously over at his father and his sister, both of whom have wide smiles fixed to their faces.  

The announcer takes a deep breath

ANNOUNCER:  And here we go, fair elves.  In third place, we have Number 8, Landion.  Would Landion please step forward?

Landion steps forward, and takes his place next to the announcer.  

ANNOUNCER:  In second place, is Number 2, Nessimoss.  Can Nessimos please step forword...

Aurelius's face falls.  He's not 3rd place, OR 2nd place.  He's failed!  Or has he?  His ears prick up again, as he suddenly hears his name.  

ANNOUNCER:  ... Number 4, Aurelius, has won first place.  Can Aurelius step up here?  

Aurelius looks at the announcer.  He can't believe his ears.  He looks over at Alessea and Gondien, who are hugging each other with excitement.  Aurelius lets out a huge sigh.  He can't believe he's actually won!  

A celebration ceromony takes place, where the 3 best archers (Aurelius, Nessimoss, and Landion) are officially granted access to the Young Archers Socity.  After what seems like forever, Aurelius is finally allowed to re-join his family.  Alessea is so excited for him

ALESSEA:  I'm SO pleased for you, Aurelius.  You've always wanted this, ever since you first picked up a bow when you were little.  

Gondien walks up to Aurelius.  He has a tear in his eye.  He looks at Aurelius with respect in his eyes, then suddenly grabs him, and holds him tightly.

GONDIEN:  My son!  You have made your father so proud.  Words cannot express...  

AURELIUS:  It's all thanks to you, father.  You were the one who taught me.  And you gave me the strength to believe in myself.  Thankyou.