3 replies to this topic

#1 Mrazerty

Mrazerty

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:20 PM

Can somebody out here give me a quick, straight-to-the-point explaination on how to run a game in dosbox? The path is: "C:/dosgames/asciisec0.2/asciisec.exe" .

#2 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:17 PM

Moved to DOSBox section.

It's been a while, but this should be right, assuming there's no CD or floppy drive involved. Run DOSBox, when you get a > command prompt type the following lines, hitting enter after each:

mount c c:\dosgames
c:
cd asciisec0.2
asciisec.exe

That should work. I suspect you might need to rename the folder so it doesn't have a . in it for DOS to recognise it, not sure.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#3 Mighty Midget

Mighty Midget

RC Heli Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 03:07 PM

One last word of advice: When dealing with DOS (and DOSBox), avoid file/folder names with more than 8 characters in them.
I met a goldfish who remembered meeting me before, but I had forgotten about that.

#4 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:41 PM

Within DOSBox anyhow - prety sure it can mount longer things as drives, but longer ones inside that will cause issues when DOS is being emulated. C:\DOSGames\ sounds like a good choice either way :D

You can put the lines above, and one for the CD drive if you need it at some point; can't remember the switch you need for that offhand, in the config file to make it automatically run them when it's launched too - saves styping stuff in every time.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.