Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:31 PM

rule change accepted... rolled a 5 + 3 = 8

go danny

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#17 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:51 PM

Here goes, my wonderful rule:

Rule 304:
Rule Change of Rule 301

Players shall alternate in pre-determined order, taking one whole turn apiece. Turns may only be skipped or passed when:

A: A player fails to complete his/her turn within 3 days in which case on the beginning of the fourth day (0:00 GMT) the turn is missed, and he incurs the penalty outlined below. The player may also choose to miss his turn without forfeiting (outlined below), incurring the penalty immediately.

B: A player chooses to forfeit his turn until the next round, at which point he may submit 2 rules, one for each of the turns. However, turn forfeits may not be stacked, and only 1 may be forfeited per player at a time. However, should he not play both the forfeited round and the next round, he incurs the penalty outlined below for both missed rounds.

The penalty for a missed round is a subtraction of 5 points from his/her point total per round missed. Parts of turns may not be omitted. All players begin with zero points.
user posted image
Meep?

#18 Fruit Pie Jones

Fruit Pie Jones

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:31 PM

I'm going to invoke Rule 111 because I think this one should be discussed before being put to a vote.  There's a lot going on in this rule change, and I think it should be split into multiple propositions, only one of which may be proposed at a time.  Personally, I like the idea of a point penalty for missing one's turn and was going to propose something along those lines on my next turn.  I don't like the option to forfeit, however.  Well, I guess I'm not so much against the idea of forfeiting a turn as I am against the idea that the player may propose two rule changes on his next turn.  However that goes, though, I think it's a separate issue that should be addressed in a separate proposition.
Today is a good day for pie.

#19 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:13 PM

Uhm, the way it is now skipping a turn incurs a point penalty:

the turn is forfeit and said player recieves a penalty of 5 subtracted points from his/her point total.

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#20 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:58 PM

Well 111 states that enough time must be given to decide on this and since 111 overrules 303 i am not going to enforce the workday rule today.

you guys are going to have to discuss this.

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#21 Fruit Pie Jones

Fruit Pie Jones

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 06:27 PM

View PostDoubler, on May 25 2006, 12:13 PM, said:

Uhm, the way it is now skipping a turn incurs a point penalty:

the turn is forfeit and said player recieves a penalty of 5 subtracted points from his/her point total.
Well, whaddya know, it sure does.  How did I miss that?

#22 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 06:39 PM

Danny's rule change allows for someone to skip one rule suggestion without penalty. That alone would make me against it.

#23 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:50 PM

It allowed someone to skip one without penalty only if they used both rules next turn, otherwise they would incur a penalty for both missed suggestions. It merely allows one to think over a turn for longer, should one wish to, or allow oneself to be away for more than 4 days without losing points.

I do, however, see FPJ's point about 2 Rules in 1 go, which may give an unfair advantage.
user posted image
Meep?

#24 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:02 PM

Ok, reread. Seems I missed the 'both' in the statement, but in that case something's off:

The line that says:

However, should he not play both the forfeited round and the next round, he incurs the penalty outlined below for both missed rounds.
makes little sense, as it indicates that he'll lose the points regardless (as he missed the round he forfeited anyway :) ).

Imho, you should rephrase this. Otherwise I will demand 10 point deduction every time someone uses this rule :ok:
And I also think being allowed to propose 2 rules at once is a bit much.

#25 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:15 PM

I think foreinit turns can be a good Idea. I, however think, that you should do that in advance (you should be able to know in advance about any 3 day long periods when you can't post), or get penalized.
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#26 Fruit Pie Jones

Fruit Pie Jones

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:31 PM

I think forfeiting turns should be allowed, but there should still be a penalty for doing do (say, only 2 or 3 points lost rather than 5 for an actual missed turn).  That way, if someone knows that he will be away during his turn and will not be able to play, he can forfeit it and incur a smaller penalty (for being courteous) than he would if he simply did nothing.  Also, I don't think there should be any way for the player to "recover" the forfeited turn.  He simply takes the penalty, and the game moves on.

#27 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:33 AM

Here is the amended version, then.

Rule 304

A player chooses to forfeit his turn willingly rather than wait for the time limit to be exceeded. If this is the case, the player will only have his score reduced by 3 points, rather than the full 5, for being courteous enough to allow the game to progress quicker. The penalty outlined in Rule 301 shall not apply when Rule 304 is incurred.

The forfeit must be announced before the start of the turn the player wishes to forfeit. Should the player not forfeit before his turn begins, and does not play, Rule 301 is applied.
user posted image
Meep?

#28 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:58 AM

Ok, to this one I accept :ok:

#29 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:01 AM

:ok:
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#30 Fruit Pie Jones

Fruit Pie Jones

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:38 PM

I like it now, but I'm going to vote nay.  Anyone care to guess why?   :ok: