21 replies to this topic

#1 Docktor_Worm

Docktor_Worm

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:56 AM

How could we not have one of these topics? So what freeware games do you actually play in your free time? I usually play Tremulous, TC: Elite, Tremulous, Space Hulk, and America's Army.
IPB Image
...her rabid glow is like braille to the night

#2 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:14 AM

I guess there are two above all: Steel Panthers WaW and ADOM, that I've played a lot. In that order, but third one is almost impossible to say...
...70 years... LOL

#3 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:31 AM

You mean play during breaks on a more or less regular basis? That would probably just leave ADOM (which I actually haven't touched for about two months) and a few puzzle games like DROD or Neuralplay or PuzzPower. I also played two thirds of the way through At the Carnival but got stuck in a few places.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#4 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:35 AM

Tribes mostly back in the day, Mario Forever every now and then is also fun, as is Commando, also Samurai MK 2 (which isn't up yet, but at some later date :))

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#5 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:42 AM

View PostA. J. Raffles, on Dec 5 2006, 09:31 AM, said:

You mean play during breaks on a more or less regular basis? That would probably just leave ADOM (which I actually haven't touched for about two months) and a few puzzle games like DROD or Neuralplay or PuzzPower. I also played two thirds of the way through At the Carnival but got stuck in a few places.
Is this the same lady who blamed me for not playing ADOM regularly? :)
...70 years... LOL

#6 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:50 AM

View PostJuni Ori, on Dec 5 2006, 08:42 AM, said:

View PostA. J. Raffles, on Dec 5 2006, 09:31 AM, said:

Is this the same lady who blamed me for not playing ADOM regularly? :P
Well, what can I do?:D I'm in my final year, and I won't be able to go on to postgraduate studies (much less have a chance of getting government funding) unless I get a first. This is officially my "vacation", but during those five(ish) weeks I'll have to write two essays of 5,000 words (one should be up to 6,000, actually), read about two dozen books and a whole bunch of medieval plays that I'll be expected to "know" by the beginning of Hilary, get my MSt-application sorted out and revise for collections. Plus there's various doctors' appointments and possibly a stay in hospital that I need to squeeze into those five weeks. Oh, and Christmas.:) At the moment, ADOM isn't very high up on my priorities list, obviously.

(Yes, I know you were just joking, but I do have a life, you know...)

#7 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:54 AM

Meaning I don't have a life and things to do? :)

Seriously, I finally figured out, what is the third one: Nethack. It's just been sooooooooooooo long ago I've last played it (seriously), that I didn't even remember it's existence!
...70 years... LOL

#8 Sabot

Sabot

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:17 AM

Best freeware ever is F.E.A.R.

#9 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:18 AM

Of course you do. That's why you haven't been playing much ADOM recently, right?:)

#10 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:28 AM

Actually not, I'm just lying on my bed and spitting to ceiling. I'd rather pull my teeth off than play ADOM any more! :)
...70 years... LOL

#11 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:57 AM

View PostJuni Ori, on Dec 5 2006, 09:28 AM, said:

Actually not, I'm just lying on my bed and spitting to ceiling. I'd rather pull my teeth off than play ADOM any more! :)
Still bitter about losing a good character, are you?:D

#12 Sabreman

Sabreman

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:39 PM

I play a ton of freeware on a regular basis... in fact my all-time favourite game (Dungeon Master) is available as a couple of freeware remakes - Return to Chaos and CSBWin. That's a game I've basically been playing regularly since 1987  :)

I play a lot of Roguelikes several times a week. Trying to whittle the list down to a few I can concentrate on, but I tend to like bits of this one and bits of that one. Mainly I play Dungeon Crawl, NPPAngband, ZangbandTK, Hellband, and ToME, and I'm trying to get into ADOM and Nethack more, but I find them incredibly unforgiving.

#13 Potatoe

Potatoe

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1487 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:52 PM

I play Nethack. I mostly just play Guild Wars(Comercial). Fear Combat is cool.

#14 MdaG

MdaG

AR-coholic

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:41 PM

ADOM, Fish Fillets and certain AGS Adventures come to mind, but other than that I've been leaning more on the commercial market.

Someone above mentioned F.E.A.R., isn't that a commercial title?

#15 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:07 PM

It is, but the multiplayer aspect of the game was released as freeware. :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

Reply to this topic