750 replies to this topic

#1 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:56 PM

So was just thinking, what are some of your most recent buys in terms of music/movies, what have you bought lately? Was it worth it? Costly? Not? Etc.. and so on. :angel:

For me let's see Queensryche- Greatest hits, finally an album with all the sorts of hits from them that I can listen to on those long bus rides to school.   ECW One nite stand dvd, The 4400 Season one dvd very excellent show that I wish I could see but don't have the channel for it  ;) (Thanks to Tai for recommending it to me :apple: ) Sonata Arctica ticket for the show on Feb 4/06 whoo, and finally Batman Begins Deluxe Edition Dvd, it's priced now around 36 bucks for it, but since I went opening day to get it, paid only 23 after taxes, most excellent. LOL

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#2 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:05 PM

Well I'll be getting my self every episode of "Only Fools and Horses" on DVD, it comes out with newspapers, cheaply :angel:

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#3 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:10 PM

Most recent recommendation would be the new Depeche Mode album Playing the Angel  - it's a great return to form for them and worth every penny.
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#4 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:17 PM

I rarely ever buy movies or music. Latest movie I bought, though, was Princess Mononoke, as it's worth every cent of it, and I gladly support funds for more top-quality movies like it by buying it :angel:

#5 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 01:52 AM

Got me Olli Banjos second album "Sparring"

not that anybody here would know him :angel:
best (and funniest) rapper alive

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#6 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 02:21 AM

CD
1. Kamelot - Epica (great power metal cd. Epic arrangements and fantastic vocals)
2. Sevendust - Next (impressive 4th album, Lajon still has one of the best voices in metal)
3. Ensiferum - Iron (Godly viking metal album. Ordered their S/T album the minute after hearing this one)

DVD
1. Simpsons Season 6 (Classic, just classic)
2. Batman Begins (still impressive the 2nd time. Can't wait for more)

Games
1. Tales of Symphonia (GC) - Have yet to play it, but you can't go wrong for $24. It is an RPG after all. :angel:

#7 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:10 AM

What's up with the cover for Simpsons season 6, honestly what were they thinking when they made that one, so terrible :angel:.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#8 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:51 AM

Yeah the packaging does indeed suck. Luckily they're offering replacement boxes, www.simpsonsbox.com

#9 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 04:21 AM

Really? Whoa that's good to hear, I can imagine a lot of fans going to be doing that. :angel:

#10 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:52 AM

Havent bought any music or films recently....

A few games

Fahrenheit
(Excellent game.)

Chronicles Of Ridddick:Escape From Butcher Bay
(Pretty Good, not much replay value)

Brian Lara Cricket
(Its alright but I suck at it, I bought it for my dad anyway  :angel:)

Far Cry Instincts
(Pretty good game, single player is good. It's a Live based game and I dont have live so I do miss out quite a bit)

Fallout 1 + 2
(Not really played them much, they are indeed good and a little challenging too!)

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Rogue Spear.
(''l33t'' First game I ever played online, still a great game 6 years on.)

Im debating whether or not I should purchase the new Batman film, I didn't get a chance to watch it at cinema. I've heard its good but is it worth £10-20?
Me>You

#11 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:10 AM

Most recent music purchase: Graceland album, Paul Simon.
Most recent software purchase(s): SimAnt and OFP-GOTY.

And I don't own any movies.
I rent or borrow them at need :angel:

The only DVD's I have are gifts.

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#12 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 01:13 PM

@Magic Yes it's definitely worth that amount for Batman, it really is a good movie, most people who saw it in theatre agree that is very well done and I agree, it reenergized the franchise again after Batman and Robin  :angel: get it for sure, deluxe version too, if ya want as it comes with a lot of special features.

#13 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:35 PM

K.

I now have it sitting in front of me two disc special edition.
I think I'll go and watch it now.
Has been sitting in front of me for around 6 hours now.

---

I'll be back tommorow with my verdict!
Me>You

#14 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:36 PM

Coolz man, you have made a good decision today. :angel: Enjoy it.

#15 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:49 PM

Last week I bought Scarface and Memento (the 3-disc edition) as there was a sale at the shop.  I've seen Scarface, which was good and I'm planning to watch Memento tomorrow.  Funnily enough, it was my Psychology homework to watch Memento (who says exams are getting easier? :angel:)
IPB Image