One Must Fall: 2097

14 replies to this topic

#1 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:34 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#2 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:57 PM

"a new moon called Ganymede" eh? Must've been a lot of forgetfulness and lost charts between now and 2097 :max:
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#3 Sharp

Sharp

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:04 PM

Erm, ya know it doesn't actually say that it is a moon of Earth, could be the moon of some planet in a galaxy far far away.

#4 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:11 PM

Yeah, my point was that it's the largest moon of Jupiter...
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#5 Shrek

Shrek

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:59 AM

:max: I didn't know this one was freeware :huh:

#6 Exile

Exile

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:38 AM

BeefontheBone, on Jan 5 2006, 11:11 PM, said:

Yeah, my point was that it's the largest moon of Jupiter...
:P, i knew that name sounded familiar  :max: , i thought it came from the starcraft 2 beta i have, but i am not allowed to talk about it much  :huh:
anyhow, i think i have seen this game before, on the gameboy advance, but i guess both games have different developers
Open the door! are u exiling me or something?

#7 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:15 AM

Shrek, on Jan 6 2006, 10:59 AM, said:

:max: I didn't know this one was freeware :huh:
/signed

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#8 Sapper8

Sapper8

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:19 PM

Just one little question: Doesn't this game fit to Abandonia, I mean it's an original Dos game It's not a remake of anything.

#9 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:32 PM

The makers declared this game freeware on February 10, 1999 :max:
That said, the game is also on Abandonia.

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D

#10 Rorschach

Rorschach

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:41 AM

:max:, I was wondering at how much it looked exactly like the original to be a remake... :huh:

Since I can't use DosBox (I use Win98 and a Pentium 200, which wouldn't suport it from what I hear), this copy of the game will run bloody fast and require a slowdown utility just like the copy I have, right? It's funny that it's the only DOS game I have that actually needs one, the damn robots fly around so fast I can't do heck! :P

Anyway, yes it is a great fight game, and with some nice replayability, and that's coming from someone who never thought much of one on one combat games!

#11 Rorschach

Rorschach

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 09:54 PM

Exile, on Jan 6 2006, 10:38 AM, said:

i thought it came from the starcraft 2 beta i have, but i am not allowed to talk about it much 
Huh??? That's a prank, right? There's no reference anywhere to it being made anytime in the future...

#12 2more

2more

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:17 PM

Grrrrrrrrreat game! Played the shareware for hours and hours and now it is free :)
I didn't even know that there are these Scrap and Destruction-Moves, unranked opponents ( Jazz Jackrabbit - hilarious!! ), unique enhancements and all that stuff.. this makes it even more addictive than it was before.

One of.. no, THE best beat 'em up there is for PC!

My favorite bot is the Jag, btw.

Runs smoothly in DosBOX at 8000 Cycles on my computer, but sometimes slows down when there's more action on the screen going on ( like the jets which shoot at the robots... ) - any possibilites to make the game run better?
phuking determined...

#13 Dave

Dave

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:36 PM

Here you are DeathDude ;)
The Chosen posted this on Abandonia, I dunno how/if it works, but hope it helps.

Tournament editor for Extras:
http://robyrt.coolse...et/tourncmp.zip

#14 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:16 PM

The Extra has been added.  ;)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#15 Guest_inachu_*

Guest_inachu_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:31 AM

Hi guys!

Inachu here.
After so many years I wanted google the name ONE MUST FALL as back then I was one of the alpha testers of the game.  Let me tell you the alpha version was so super cool much more so than it is now
and all the major/minor revision combined. I saw that a robot version was put in and me and the other alpha testers were kinda teed off when the developer said---
OK GUYS I THINK I KNOW WHERE THIS IS GOING and I vaule your input and the last beta made so many of us angry that he changed all the combo attacks and stuff he upset the entire test team
But like netflix he thought he knew better and the game never really took off.  If he truly valued the input from us then the game would have been 1000% better.   So yeah after so many years
we Alpha tester were ripped off and no input from us was of any value to the programmer. I doubt Iw ill try this version you have since out of spite..... grrrr  LOL   ok back to playing WOW.

Reply to this topic