142 replies to this topic

#121 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:17 PM

View Post_r.u.s.s., on May 22 2007, 06:14 PM, said:

im near the house where im supposed to steal the key, when i look in to a window i see him standing near table and picture with 2 girls. so i wanted to use the music box but it seems that i cant click anything in my inventory. is this normal?

There is a bug in the game, so you can't use your inventory anymore.
Put this patch into the game directory, then reload the last game where you COULD use inventory.  The patch should fix things.
http://www.geocities...3us/litnv11.zip

:P
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#122 CoolBlue-Gord10

CoolBlue-Gord10

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:56 AM

Hello and thanks for your compliments everyone,

Well, I'm not developing LitN 2 anymore.
But I am releasing the deluxe version of LitN 1, "Lost in the Nightmare: Save Our Souls" soon.

Posted Image

The deluxe version contains:

*Revisioned graphics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
As you see, I am changing the shadow/highlight and hue/saturation values and adding some extra filters like Diffuse Glow. And remaking some scenes.
I want to give a dark, film-noiristic but still dreamy ambience to the game.

*New scenes and extra endings:

Posted Image
I have decided to add more scenes inside the game.
And two extra endings; one of is a death sequence and the other is a secret ending for saving the campers.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Some of the new scenes are going to make the game deserve the mature rating more.

*Bug fix:  Many major and minor bugs are fixed! I should have done this so earlier.
*Proofread: The game script is proofreaded by Jonathan Anson.
*More music: Now I have used some tracks of some of my favourite metal bands, like Rammstein. I can say the tracks I used went very well with some scenes of LitN.
*And also a bonus document that you will receive when you finish the game with the good ending (I made the good ending harder to reach, by the way.). It contains the trivia about the story and the characters; what they were symbolizing from my mind.

I couldn't do the extra story in spite of my promise. But I'm working on a long action sequence for the good ending. I found the good ending too short and easy, it needs a good chase inside the dark forest :P

That's all for now. I hope to complete it in 1 or 2 weeks.

P.S: You can find the wallpaper sized versions of two recently made scenes here:
http://coolblue-gord...lpaper-63297354
http://coolblue-gord...itN-WP-61201762

#123 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:07 AM

Wow, this looks fantastic!   :P

Those screenshots are amazing.   :D   Can't wait to see those extra scenes, and the 2 new endings are good reason to play again, and again (and again, and again etc  :P )

Thanks for telling us about this Gord.  I'm very much looking forward to this.    ;)
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#124 Mighty Midget

Mighty Midget

RC Heli Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:32 PM

Ummm, I just downloaded this game now, along with the 1.1 patch. But I just wonder: How would you guys rate the buggyness with the patch? No worries, OK-I-can-handle-this-but-not-much-more or a bloody headache? Or, in other words: Is it playable and enjoyable without being broken up by bugs?
I met a goldfish who remembered meeting me before, but I had forgotten about that.

#125 chumloofah

chumloofah

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:01 PM

Please note this game has a lot of graphic violence, strong language, and some nudity.
I think this was the line that made me hit download.

#126 chumloofah

chumloofah

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:23 PM

Ok, here we go.
FEEDBACK!

Nice game, nice atmosphere.

Only thing that really needs work is the dialogue, which is possibly the easiest thing in the whole wide world to fix (all you need is a native english speaker or somebody with fluent english skillz)
Also, it falls into the final fantasy trap of setting you up for plot twist that you desperately want to stop your character falling into but the lack of options gives you no recourse.
Less obvious would be better  ;)
I was actually cursing the hero for being such a doof at one point.

Damn damn damn impressive though.

#127 ScytheKnight

ScytheKnight

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:39 AM

WOW! Really sweet to hear that Gord! Was actually writing up a review on another site when I decided to check for any update on the sequel and although being bummed out at the lack of it I'm really excited to see Lost in the Nightmare: Save our Souls. ;)

Can't wait for more news!!! ;)

#128 Mighty Midget

Mighty Midget

RC Heli Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:36 PM

Ok, what do I think after a short while of playing? One one hand, it's creepy as hell, and the tension ans suspension is pretty damn good, but I dunno, so far it hasn't been so much of a games as a slide show, looking at a series of pictures, each picture having at most one optional thing to do... It isn't as much a game as a guided tour, as I go from picture to picture without the ability to go back and explore. I hope this will change soon, or my interest in this title will deteriorate somewhat extremly fast. Granted, I only played the introductionary scene and the first nightmare, but still. I'd really like to see more options and decision making.
I met a goldfish who remembered meeting me before, but I had forgotten about that.

#129 ScytheKnight

ScytheKnight

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:17 AM

Actually you've just hit the point that things start to open up.. the 2nd or 3rd nightmare especially can have HUGE impacts on the endings.

#130 Mighty Midget

Mighty Midget

RC Heli Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:06 PM

Thanks, ScytheKnight ;) Ok, I'll give it a few more moments and have a better look.

#131 chumloofah

chumloofah

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:30 PM

"Mighty Midget" said:

Ok, what do I think after a short while of playing? One one hand, it's creepy as hell, and the tension ans suspension is pretty damn good, but I dunno, so far it hasn't been so much of a games as a slide show, looking at a series of pictures, each picture having at most one optional thing to do... It isn't as much a game as a guided tour, as I go from picture to picture without the ability to go back and explore. I hope this will change soon, or my interest in this title will deteriorate somewhat extremly fast. Granted, I only played the introductionary scene and the first nightmare, but still. I'd really like to see more options and decision making.
These must be the normal feeling, if meself and one other are indicative of everybody.
The game doesn't change a whole lot from what you describe up there, but the atmosphere sucks you in.  ;)

#132 CoolBlue-Gord10

CoolBlue-Gord10

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:30 PM

Thanks for your replies ;) I am so glad to see people waiting for the release of the new version.

Well, I must agree with the 'slide show' feeling critique. There are really few hotspots/environment to discover in the game.  On the other hand; the game presents some major choices that changes the game ending, but I think it is still not enough for a satisfying interactivity. Seems like I have to increase the interactivity level in my next games.

The release of LitN: SOS will take longer; as now the game is also being translated into Turkish and some more scenes are getting added to the extra levels.

#133 ScytheKnight

ScytheKnight

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:16 AM

Kick *money-maker*! ;)  ;)

#134 CoolBlue-Gord10

CoolBlue-Gord10

N00b-a-R00b

• Producers
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:59 PM

*cough cough*
I have finally released Lost in the Nightmare: 'Save Our Souls'.
http://new.bigbluecu...n=detail&id=982

Posted Image

#135 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:02 PM

WOOHOO!!!   :P

Thanks Gord, I been looking forward to this.   LOL

*starts downloading*

Reply to this topic