4146 replies to this topic

#1 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:57 AM

Idea is very simple. Let's give some hint who we are, what we do and where we live.

Me?
In June 13. 1977 Anno Domini, in the pagan icy regions of far north, in Nordic country known as Finland, was born boy-child - probably already drunk, or at least thirsty - to young couple, and that's when my story begins. I'm more school- than god-fearing and that has led me to part-time, poorly to averagely paid worklife. I'm quite conservative, patriotic and proud of my roots. My interests lie in hard core strategy games - which seems to make me kind of oddity here at the moment I'm writing this - ice hockey, history and physical activity, such as gym, soccer at summers (both months) and I use to walk a lot.
My story here begins actually a little earlier than 18.7.2005, which is the moment I joined the community. I found this place peaceful, nice community, where I settled very fast and got known to several members quite well. And then, all of the sudden, I was surprisingly invited to the crew. Position I accepted with suspicions of how I can handle it. Others may comment that, but I've enjoyed.
You can always PM me, if you want to do review, or have anything to ask, I'll be glad to help, if I can. But more technical questions are beyond my understanding, you'd better contact admins.

And newcomers, always feel welcome, don't fear to make questions.
...70 years... LOL

#2 Icewolf

Icewolf

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:41 AM

Mhh, good, but I'll do it shorter.

Born 24.05.1984 in Hamburg, Germany, the region where rain and wind never seem to have an end (any Irish people may blame me now... :ok: ).
Now I'm livin 25 kilometers north of Hamburg and have an apprenticeship as an IT-salesman.
People take me to be smart, too smart sometimes maybe. Have no idea why...
I just think you are always able to step back and look at your decisions on the whole before you judge or decide. I like philosophy in any way.
Interests are a lot of sport (soccer, tennis, volleyball, basketball, billard, but I only play soccer and pool billard) and old gamez and pcs.

I came here because I played a lot of games on the Amiga and C64, so I know the roots. I grew up with a 486 DX/2 and I still have one to play the REALLY old ones. I like the idea of keeping old games upstraight, since I think the replayability of games decreases more and more thoughout the years.
Are you the guys on the beach who hate everything...? Eww....
Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral or fattening.

#3 Aristharus

Aristharus

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:42 AM

Juni Ori, on Apr 26 2006, 10:57 AM, said:

Idea is very simple. Let's give some hint who we are, what we do and where we live.

Me?
In June 13. 1977 Anno Domini, in the pagan icy regions of far north, in Nordic country known as Finland, was born boy-child - probably already drunk, or at least thirsty - to young couple, and that's when my story begins. I'm more school- than god-fearing and that has led me to part-time, poorly to averagely paid worklife. I'm quite conservative, patriotic and proud of my roots. My interests lie in hard core strategy games - which seems to make me kind of oddity here at the moment I'm writing this - ice hockey, history and physical activity, such as gym, soccer at summers (both months) and I use to walk a lot.
My story here begins actually a little earlier than 18.7.2005, which is the moment I joined the community. I found this place peaceful, nice community, where I settled very fast and got known to several members quite well. And then, all of the sudden, I was surprisingly invited to the crew. Position I accepted with suspicions of how I can handle it. Others may comment that, but I've enjoyed.
You can always PM me, if you want to do review, or have anything to ask, I'll be glad to help, if I can. But more technical questions are beyond my understanding, you'd better contact admins.

And newcomers, always feel welcome, don't fear to make questions.
And I'm the opposite of that. :ok:

Well, on one or two points maybe, just kidding.

I was born January 20, 1986 into what remained of this "Finland" place after Juni's first 9 or so years there. :(

I'm not that concervative or partiotic, though. This is where the opposites might come in. I don't do sports either that much. Although I do have a pretty sucky job, drink occasionally and am an atheist, too (if that's what the not-god-fearing thing implied).

Most of the things that I do in my free time have something to do with music (/alcohol/computers/all of these). I'm in a band that has gigs pretty often, play the electric bass (amongst some other instruments) and of course listen to music a lot.

I think that's enough. Figure the rest out yourself, if you dare.
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

#4 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:26 PM

I was born on November 3rd, 1980 in a tiny tiny fishing village in the South of Norway, called Farsund. As a result of this, I don't like fish very much.

I am the youngest of two brothers, and did my best to get him in as much trouble as possible when we were kids.

I have been moving around most of my life, and have been almost everywhere in Norway. I have also lived in Germany and Spain. For some reason my family are drifters. My father lives in Germany in a small village called Giengen an der Brenz, my brother lives in Denmark near Copenhagen, but spends most of his time in Thailand, my mother still lives in Trondheim, Norway, and I am currently planning on migrating to Florida.

I also have a younger sister, whom I am very proud of, living with my dad in Germany. I'm sure she will grow up to be a nice drifter herself one day. (If you are reading this... Japan is nice. We need someone in Japan. Go to Japan!)

Apart from all that I try to pass my days by doing dirty jobs. If I had been working on television, I would've been Mike Rowe on Discovery Channel. When I was in Florida, my job was to clean out barrels of hydrogen peroxide and potassium permanganate. If you don't know what it is, let me just say that it is something that is liquid, extremelly pink, and will stick to everything and anything. It will make you look like a lollipop on legs. And it itches like crazy!

Enough about me. I am rambling again.
:ok:

Yo!

#5 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:59 PM

Born in Las Vegas, NV and moved to Worms (shutap :) ), Germany when I was nine. Known for my temper, nintendo fan boyism and childish behavior in the Shoutbox :kosta:

I guess one can tell that i grew up in two countries.. my grammer and spelling sucks in both languages (although not as bad as it seems, if i take my time i manage pretty well. it also comes from my BS education though). I do think im more "american like".. i feel it in my blood :P

Having said that im planning on moving to New Zealand soon.. and hope it works out.. although leaving back my very close clique is going to suck big time if it does.

I love nature and ecspecially animals... one reason i am planning too assissinate Juni sometime in the near future. I was thinking of a flock of rabies infested minks would do the job nicely :apple:

I read fairly often... mostly Piers Anthony and Terry Pratchett stuff.

I love this site and have been here on a very regular basis since pretty shortly after it opened. Ive wrote a few reviews but havnt for a while because first im too lazy.... sorry  :( but mostly because im waiting for another freeware title thats really worth it (in my eyes :pimp: ). i like helping the site if i can although the crew does pretty much everything so all i do is talk crap :band:

I play almost anything thats good.. but mostly strategy and roguelikes. i like freeware because the designers arnt in anyway restricted in thier creativity and game design as a whole so you see alot of stuff you wouldnt see on the commercial market (turn based strategy comes to mind). also i am a fanatic game designer myself.. but only on paper and mostly in my head because i cant code and because to tell you the truth i dont want to code.. im here for the creative design process only :king: . anyways ive got some truly cool game concepts floating around in my head including the basic algorithms or logic or whatever you need to do it (i hope somebody got that ^^)

i also love old console games and know alot about the NES/Master System - SNES/Genesis/Neo Geo era so if there is ever an Emulation Abandonia   :ok:

im also a gangsta and pwn

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#6 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:26 PM

Alrighty let's see Born on April 15, 1985, in Edmonton Alberta, pretty much known as an outgoing kid my early days, pretty active in that regard too I suppose, eventually quieting down by the time I hit grade 7. :ok:

Started playing hockey when I was around 7 so 92, and basically continued to play for the next 7 years of my life, enjoyed the sport and still do, had to step away from the sport because it just wasn't fun anymore, but I hope to get back to playing again just for fun sometime in the future as I miss the sport quite a bit.

Then I believe it was during my 6th or 7th year of hockey I ended up playing soccer for a couple of years, another period of trying some things out.

Pretty much I'm an active guy or try to be anyway. Love to bike, rollerblade, and do that as much as I can during the summer, also heading to the gym to workout which I stopped because of school and work but hopefully this summer can get back into that swing of things.

In terms of gaming, I am both a fan of console games and pc games. I grew up playing the NES and games like Mario so those games will always hold a place but pc games also keep me occuiped, with both oldish games and of course newer ones, fan of most genres from action, adventure, rpg, strategy, sports, and so on. Love to write reviews whenever I get the chance, just a great all around experience with games.

Also attending my 3rd year of college, almost complete thankfully only 2 more years to go.

Currently working at a supermarket's local deli, since last July, it's a nice job and have made a lot of friends there, but it's tedious as one can imagine of serving many a customer, so pondering to move on from this line of work.

Finally big fan of music, and of course metal as most who know me would know. Probably my most favourite metal band is Iron Maiden with Dream Theater just right behind but enjoy wide variety of genres. I actually have a saying there is only three bands that I will ever put down money for a shirt at a concert and they are Iron Maiden, Dream Theater and Blind Guardian. Actually knowing Iron Maiden and how they ignore Western Canada, I might plan a trip out east to Quebec or Montreal or Toronto to go see them on this tour, one of my goals to see them live.

Just actually this past September me and my friend ended up starting up our own band and as I write this our band's lineup is complete and we have a bunch of material in progress and complete that is currently being worked on, with summer again the plans hope to take off a bit, and there is the goal of getting our 6 song EP completed, it's definitely an experience that I enjoy. I'm the vocalist of the band and main lyrical writer of our songs and it's an experience I enjoy.

Would love to travel and already hoping that they may be in the works for the upcoming time as well just to visit here and there, visited Peru couple of years ago with my mom and enjoyed that experience so we'll see what happens and where I'll end up, long as it's away from here. :(

Well if you read all my ramblings that's me in a nutshell. Or pretty close at least. :kosta:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#7 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:39 PM

I was born Feb 28, 1980 in Lakeland, Florida. I'm an only child. I've lived here pretty much my entire life, but I've travelled to most of the US, and a few places in Europe. I went on a concert singing tour with my Uni to Austria and Italy with a side trip or two to Germany, and I went to Norway to visit Tom Henrik. Oh, and I went to Niagara Falls, Canada on an alcoholic-themed road trip (we actually stopped driving to drink, don't worry) with some of my college friends back in the day :ok:

Let's see... I have this weird thing where I make friends easily, but to be honest, I'm not very good with people. I think people have to be really understanding to get along with me. I get absorbed in projects, ignore phones, and have a really bad habit of sounding like a critical, pretentious know-it-all. I mean well, and I like people a lot, but I think my mind just works differently than most peoples'.

So, I make a lot of friends, but only a precious few end up sticking with me, and I'm very thankful for those understanding people.

As critical as I may seem to others, I'm most critical of myself, and I accept criticism from others well (mainly because I've probably already gotten there first :( ). I am also strangely accepting and tolerant of differences of behavior and opinions, and even curious about them, considering my critical nature. I think it's because I am first and foremost analytically minded.

I enjoy art and writing. I'm not the best at either, but I'm okay, and getting better as I go. I keep a blog that is vastly different than most of you guys might picture me, as stress relief and a healthy outlet for my critical thoughts, and as a way of developing a writing style with more conciseness and impact than my usual "ramble til a novel appears" style (as can be evidenced in this post). I also write lyrics and music, though I'm not sure I could say I do so very well.

Musically, I have a varied taste, with my favorite artists being Maynard James Keenan (Tool, Perfect Circle) and Ani DiFranco... but I like everything from gangsta to classical.

Games-wise, I mostly enjoy adventure and RPG. Yeah, I know I'm boring. Action and strategy are the runner-ups. Fighting and sims are okay. Hate FPS. I've been playing games since I was 6.

I probably have the record for "Most Degrees Attempted" - I started as Math and Computer Science, added in East Asian Studies, then dropped Math and CS and added Sociology and Anthropology. Alas, I have yet to actually obtain a degree, but I plan on going back to my CS roots and throwing in graphic design when I have the money to do so. Thanks to the EAS, I speak Japanese pretty well.

Okay, I'll stop now.
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#8 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 04:03 PM

Ooh! STORYTIME!

I was born on March 5th, 1992, to my Swedish mother and Welsh father in Telford, Shropshire, England. I live there to this day.

Im in my 9th school of year, and have a rather nice load of exams coming up next week. As in, the last ones before our end of school ones (In 2 years time)
I haven't revised at all. And Im not planning to. I mean, I get through fine without it... 30/30 on that mock mental maths today.. (Not my fault not everyone knew that sqrt169 is the 12^2 and 5^2...)

I spend forever on the computer every day, have more friends online than I do in real life, and am addicted to the net.

I haven't worked a single day's honest work in my life. Not even around the house...

So, here I sit, 5 hours a day.

Or 6. Maybe 7.

Or 16. Depends on the day ^^
user posted image
Meep?

#9 Stebbi

Stebbi

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 04:24 PM

Uhm yeah Hi, My name Is Stefán Brynjólfsson(which means Crown of the armoredwolf...hmm reminds me of some war machine or some) anyway i was born in 1,october 1990 in Iceland.
I was supposed to be born 30.september(but hey why do something today when you can do it tomorrow?).

I live in a small town called Álftanes(about 3000 people) outside of Reykjavík (the capital).So i'm not a hick or anything. I like hunting,fishing, the outdoor's,Computer's of course, 3d modeling, animals and more.

The settler who founded(is it written like that?) Iceland is my great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather! I i am the youngest of 4. I have 2 brother's and a sister.

I like music alot, dont have specific genre but mostly rock, like Killswitch engage,tool,the used,Perfect circle,trivium,Led Zeppelin and more.

KTHXBYE :ok:

#10 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 04:33 PM

Well, ok here goes. I was born on may 19th, 1980, in the town of Slagelse, Denmark. Shortly after we moved to Copenhagen, where I've lived ever since, except for two short periods where I lived at the small island Fanø, near Esbjerg, to study navigation and five months I spent on a tall ship in the Atlantic.

I'm currently study Japanese at the university of Copenhagen, but to be honest I haven't been all that active lately, so we'll see what happens. Besides that, I spend a lot of time doing political work.

That's about all I can think of right now. :ok:
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#11 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:47 PM

Heyas.

Born in September of 1990 in London. I'm known for my somewhat lively personality and abstract thoughts. I often find myself laughing aloud to myself whilst surrounded by people that really don't get my humour. For those that do I usually provide a load of laughs for :ok:

I'm an active user, not everybody takes a liking to me. Most do, hopefully you will or have already.
Me>You

#12 Tarael

Tarael

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:35 PM

Okey me.

I live in the great island to the north called Iceland and I hunt in the wilderness for food... ahem maybe not very true.

Okey let me start again, I live in Iceland. I was borned at the second of june in 1989. I live now in the capital Reykjavík. I was named Gunnar.  

I first lived on a farm and then moved to the city. I travel alot (not that my family is tremendosly rich, just we know how to spend money wisely). I have travel to america, spain, and places in asia.

My hobbies are many one of my favorites are gaming and anything involing (is it spelled like this?) games (3D, gamemaking and so on) my favorite sport is shooting, my father (a ex. country-site-man) is used to such things and dragged me a couple of times to shoot some targets (In iceland pistols aren't allowed so I use my father hunting rifle and go to the country site and shoot some cans, not to a shooting range like in USA).

Yea, that the main things I guess. I use the computer alot mainly because of school.

#13 Stebbi

Stebbi

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:08 PM

Tarael, on Apr 26 2006, 06:35 PM, said:

(In iceland pistols aren't allowed so I use my father hunting rifle and go to the country site and shoot some cans, not to a shooting range like in USA).
Well, you just need a special permission from the Lögreglustjóra, but it is very rare to get an permission, but my father got one and he has two pistol. A ruger and a magnum ruger.

#14 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:14 PM

Yay personal bio time!

Well my name is Neven Rakonić, I was born and live in Zagreb, Croatia, probably will for a while since this is the only place where you actually have a chance of finding a job. Anyways I was born on 7th November 1988, and am currently a high school student, of an Economy high school...

My hobbies include guitar, sleeping (nah that's an art), stuff related to internet, and saturday drinking , not that much as others(I :ok: to Juni), and I'm not that much into gaming anymore...

In future I think I'll study either Economy or Sociology since these seem to be my fields of interest...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#15 Tarael

Tarael

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:24 PM

Stebbi, on Apr 26 2006, 07:08 PM, said:

Tarael, on Apr 26 2006, 06:35 PM, said:

(In iceland pistols aren't allowed so I use my father hunting rifle and go to the country site and shoot some cans, not to a shooting range like in USA).
Well, you just need a special permission from the Lögreglustjóra, but it is very rare to get an permission, but my father got one and he has two pistol. A ruger and a magnum ruger.
Yea, but is that for operating pistols or show-guns that have been modified so they don't work?