77 replies to this topic

#1 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 09:06 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

#2 a1s

a1s

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:02 PM

go metroid!
Those of you being liberal-art majors � don�t worry, advanced mathematics were largely omitted from this text in concern for your mental health.

QUOTE (Mighty Midget)
if BP has potied on Twilight Zone episode, I will strangle him

secret adept of the PICKALLONWEASEL order

#3 DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 04:29 PM

Astounding good game  :)

Where can one get the key to the door with gum written on it? Does anyone know?

And indeed, some soundeffects seem to be taken from Metroid....

#4 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 04:35 PM

Walk carefully along the house with the pink scooter. There's a small crack in the wall :)

#5 Nosferrath

Nosferrath

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 04:36 PM

Boy ! This game rocks ! Kept me playing for hours and hours ... :)

#6 DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:03 PM

Kon-Tiki, on May 9 2005, 04:35 PM, said:

Walk carefully along the house with the pink scooter. There's a small crack in the wall ;)
No, I mean the door at the end of that stage. Not the door to the power room. I already got the rusty key. BTW I can´t free the person in the hole, cause i can´t open that door either. So there are two doors I just can´t get open... :)

#7 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:42 PM

DonCorleone, on May 9 2005, 05:03 PM, said:

Walk carefully along the house with the pink scooter. There's a small crack in the wall ;)
No, I mean the door at the end of that stage. Not the door to the power room. I already got the rusty key. BTW I can´t free the person in the hole, cause i can´t open that door either. So there are two doors I just can´t get open... :)
As you seemingly don't know, the explosive is for freeing Sakamoto (the one trapped inside), so that's one thing you don't need to think about for the moment.

To obtain the gum key, you need to talk to Sakamoto once again from the crack. Seems like that storehouse is just full of keys, eh ?

For anyone having finished the labyrinth, I have a big problem against it's boss, namely that I can't seem to find his weakspot. None of my attacks seem to do him any harm. Is that related to the treasure chest just above the hospital ? If so, how can I access this treasure chest ? I can't seem to find a way to access the ledge.

Thank you in advance
I don't know but I've been told
Deirdre's got a Network Node
Likes to press the on/off switch
Dig that crazy Gaian witch !

- Spartan troup song -

#8 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 08:02 PM

I've gotten to the final end boss, so I've beaten the labyrinth boss. I can't remember which one it is exactly anymore, though. Do you mean that giant X from in the banner that appears on the Random Game part?

#9 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:26 PM

Yeah, that was the one I was refering to. Nevermind tho, I figured it out myself...

I'm at what seems to be the final boss, and it's pure bliss. Never seen that kind of fight in an arcade game besides the final boss of megaman X 5, and that one was kinda repetitive. This one however is genius.

The review says there are multiple ending, but I didn't see many choices so I can't figure out what sort of action defines the ending you get.

**SPOILER AHEAD**

...I don't like it that Curly seem to die (didn't beat the game still so can't really tell, but it sure as hell look like it).

**END SPOILER**

Also, for anyone having chosen the Automatic Rifle over the Polaris Gun, you should know that if you power it up at level 3, jump and fire downward, the shots will actually allow you to fly ! This works for as long as you have bullets and keed firing downward (you can of course move left and right by sensibly pushing the corresponding arrow).

The bad point is that you traded that for what I can only guess is the ultimate weapon ! Sucks to be us.

- Spartan troup song -

#10 DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:32 PM

Aureliano, on May 9 2005, 06:42 PM, said:

DonCorleone, on May 9 2005, 05:03 PM, said:

As you seemingly don't know, the explosive is for freeing Sakamoto (the one trapped inside), so that's one thing you don't need to think about for the moment.

To obtain the gum key, you need to talk to Sakamoto once again from the crack. Seems like that storehouse is just full of keys, eh ?

For anyone having finished the labyrinth, I have a big problem against it's boss, namely that I can't seem to find his weakspot. None of my attacks seem to do him any harm. Is that related to the treasure chest just above the hospital ? If so, how can I access this treasure chest ? I can't seem to find a way to access the ledge.

Thank you in advance
But what to do before that. Right after i´ve been at the gum-door? That doesn´t work. He just emhasizes that he wants to get out of there. Not a single word about a gum key... ;)

#11 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:37 PM

That is most strange. Normally, it goes like that :

1) Try to open storehouse

2) Talk with Sakamoto through crack - Get rusted key

3) Open power house - Fight Balrog 3 - Light power - Speak with robot

4) Speak again with Sakamoto - Check door

5) Speak again with robot - Get recipe of explosive

6) Speak with Sakamoto - Get gum-key

Check if your pattern was that one. If not, you may need to speak with Sakamoto again, check the door, speak with the robot then Sakamoto again.

- Spartan troup song -

#12 DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:46 PM

Ok :)  forgt to talk to the robot. Everything´s alright now. THX anyway...

#13 Aureliano

Aureliano

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:55 PM

Beat the final boss. Two more endings to go, it seems. I'll try to keep Polaris this time, tho I have no idea how to trigger another ending...

Anyway, I'm interested in two things that maybe someone already found :

- Key to the clocktower's treasure chest in Outer Wall
- A hidden boss, Red Demon.

If anyone knows...

Oh, and this is a bonus :

Curly !

- Spartan troup song -

#14 Solarjetman

Solarjetman

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:02 AM

The beauty of the game is finding out the secrets the second time through, and the third, possibly even the fourth. The single save seems to be there for that very purpose, so you progress and don't reload the decisions that you make (of course you can get round this by installing it again in another directory :) ).

Some useful hints to help you find all the secrets
1) Try and do as much as you can with as little as you can (you're on the right lines to find most of the secrets if you avoid picking up items you don't need, like the machine gun) Of course this makes the game that little bit harder but these are secrets right?
2) Explore everywhere. There is a need to backtrack for some of the secrets.
3) And this is to whet the appetite of those who saw the credits:

*SPOILERS BELOW*

1) Curly doesn't have to die. You need to work out how to do this to get the third ending. Search and explore... it's complex but work at it.
2) There is another place to go where you can find 'red deamons' AFTER you kill the 'final' boss.
3) The OUTER WALL people.

*SPOILERS END*

Enjoy the game it's fantastic. Oh, the max health I've got is 50, be interested to know if any of you have got some more. Email me if you want more hints but you really can't beat finding out yourself.

Those into Pixel's artwork should check this out, there seems to be a hint to another cave story... http://hp.vector.co....thors/VA022293/

#15 Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:23 PM

Anybody figured the bad ending out yet? :)

Reply to this topic