Download - Engine Test

#77 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:23 PM

Hey Nick.  I tried out your test engine.   :whistle:

So many monsters appear out of nowhere.  It's hard to explore the dungeon when I keep getting attacked.

When I am annihilated in fights, I can still explore the dungeon again.  Then when I get attacked again, I am already annihilated, so the fight ends.  This keeps repeating - explore\fight\already annihilated\explore\ etc

I found some stairs somewhere in the lower-right corner.  When I try and enter, the game crashes, and I get message 'Map008 Imm Cannot be opened. '
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#78 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 05:59 PM

1. I will lower the attack percentage. :(

2. As for that bug, I already found it myself last night. It has been fixed. :whistle:

3. Those stairs will take you to the next level. In the test, the level does not exisist.

Now, here's a special treat. The debut of the Ice Dungeon:

Posted Image

#79 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:38 PM

Well, Liberta now has a new website, and a REAL domain! Here it is: www.liberta.eu.pn.

You will still be able to use Liberta.tk if you wish. But .tk will add an advert to the top of the page. So please bookmark the new (Ad-less) domain. :whistle:

#80 _r.u.s.s.

_r.u.s.s.

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:52 PM

if it's open source why won't you host it on sourceforge? it's free, it's fast, it's reliable, it's adless
www.abandonia.com < www.reloaded.org
right now :(

#81 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:11 PM

Liberta does not qualify for sourceforge. The game's files are "open source" for RPG Maker 2003. So, if you have that program, you can access and mod the game.

But I did not develop Liberta with source code. So, no code to host, no hosting on Sourceforge. :whistle:

#82 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:21 PM

Alright everyone. Finally, after about 5 months of development, Liberta is ready for release. I'm proud to finally release my first "completed" game. I will have the download link ready tomorrow, 6/07/09. I will post the download link at around 2 am (EST time).

And Frodo, I would like you to review and post the game on Reloaded. After all, you have been basically, my number one tester, assistant, and decision maker. :shrug: Feel free to "tell it like it is". :(

And if I’m right, I think this is the first game to be conceived, born, and raised on Reloaded. :whistle:

#83 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:00 PM

Congratulations on your first game, Nick.   :whistle:
Well done, you should be proud.   :(
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#84 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:08 AM

Thanks Frodo. :(

I'm very proud. I have always wanted to make a game. But, I would start the project and never finish. Even if Liberta sucks, I will have learn't alot from it. I might even have the smarts to do a sequel. *hint* *hint* :shrug:

But I could not have done it without my friends on AR. :whistle:

#85 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:02 AM

Here's the download link.

If you need screenshots for the AR review Frodo, feel free to use the 3 on Liberta's website. :(

Enjoy.  :whistle:

#86 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:36 PM

I uploaded the game to MediaFire

:whistle:

#87 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:39 PM

Thanks Frodo. :whistle: I will edit the Liberta website, and add the new link.

#88 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:38 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Alright, I guess I should explain how bad Liberta has turned out, and what my intentions are for the future of Spy Studios.

Well the storyline is reveiled on the final level of Liberta. It's a shocking story, where your character dies, and you learn your father was the soldier who captured Sumonsar in the first place. But I'm afraid Liberta is not perfect and I hate to say it... Not good enough to review on AR. I've discovered that what I was trying to make, a wide open exploration game, is not possible with my talent, work time, or lack of team. Not to mention the engine RPG Maker 2003.

It seems that I would be better making a text-based game. One where I could work on story and character development, without the sprites and crap like that. I feel that Liberta was a flawed game, but not bad for my first "public" game.

I might start-up development on a new game soon. Who knows? Maybe text-based maybe not. I have alot of time to kill until Gran Turismo takes me away from the comp. But I'm also developing applications now too. My theme kit has become rather popular on the forum Eeeuser.com.

So, right now I'm in a stage of brainstorming. Right now, I can tell you this. My next game is going to definitley be a mobster/gangster type game. Very dark, but very real. As stated before, I'm likely going to make a text-game. So, we'll see. As for the project name: Project Crimelife.

Thanks for the support from everyone with Liberta. I can't thank you enough. :whistle:

#89 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:09 PM

You've done what most of us haven't, Nick.  You made a game.  And you should be proud of that.   :(
And with each game, your skills will improve.   :whistle:

#90 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:16 AM

Well, this is my final post on this thread. I'm proud to announce that I have found a terrific, and easy to use engine called 3D Game Maker. It will allow me to make 3D games very quickly, plus it includes over 500 grapics. I can't wait to post my new project's thread. Right now, it looks like it will either be a horror adventure, space shooter, or war FPS. There are ton's of genre's that this engine can make. So, development time will only take about 2 weeks to a month on one game, thanks to the engine. It will also be easier than my 2D engine. Pretty cool huh? 3D is easier than 2D. :(

Looking forward to my next project. :whistle: