25 replies to this topic

#16 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:36 PM

It's just a warning is all about questionable content if people don't like to see that sort of thing.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#17 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:27 PM

Well, I wasn't scared or horrified by these games. This blood we are talking about are just tons of red sprites  :D

On the other hand, people start downloading this game the moment they hear about gore. Usually, nobody finds it as gory as expected, but on the other hand they have a great time playing the game.
One can always get mocked for being polite.

#18 DeathMan001

DeathMan001

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 01:59 AM

This game is so cool I recomend it to everyone. Dont know what gore everyone is speaking about I wasnt scared atall :D

#19 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:17 PM

Somebody asked so I answered. :D I know it's only pixels, and the image definition is bad, but gore on TV is likewise only red pixels. It didn't deter me from playing it though, but then that's me. It could deter me if it was too much for me, but yes it's far from that. And the game rocks indeed, it can't be recommended too much.
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

#20 Adventure_freak93

Adventure_freak93

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:40 AM

The reason i asked was not that id be scared in that way, more because close-up blood and gore is just not what i feel charactizes a good game, especially not an adventure game, thats the reason why i normally avoid action games...

#21 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:15 PM

Nope, the game is not a splatter. It is interesting, but I'd like the author to make another game without Defoe. It is getting a little boring. My opinion, well.

#22 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:29 PM

But he has. Yahtzee is one of the most active game developers around. Only some of his games revolves around Defoe. We have 8 games from him on this site alone :P

Yo!

#23 Sinke

Sinke

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:33 PM

Oh , yeah- I forgot to say "horror".

"1213" was great, altough near the end it gets very quick and one has a feeling he was fed up with a game. Still, he knows how to lead the story and I like the puzzle level- altough probably nobody got the idea to.....

Spoiler

....hit the guy from shadow and throw him to generators- in 7DAS.

#24 tito1337

tito1337

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:40 PM

Did anyone else thing that the very end was a little wierd?

Spoiler:

I mean, as far as I could tell, there was neither hint, nor reason for the main character to be an impersonator. Was it meant to be ironic in some way?

The game was fun, but that part of the end left me scratching my head.

#25 greywolf

greywolf

The Wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:33 PM

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I just finished it the other day and I was left with a, "...And?" feeling. Perhaps it was a hook for a future episode, but he's apparently done quite well without it...

As far as irony goes, I suppose it could be taken that way, in the sense that...

"Spoiler" said:

The main character (who was impersonating someone) was fighting Defore, a wraith/ghost that possesses/"impersonates"  people to its ends. I guess there was a philosophical point/comparison there, which would make sense in light of the the protagonist's comment after he "killed" Defoe. (Which would be that neither were really trying to do any harm - even the ghost was just acting out of its last emotions of rage and hate).

Then again, you could just say I'm reading into it way too much. :ok:

#26 Japofran

Japofran

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:15 PM

I personally think that leaving people with an "...And?" feeling was Yahtzee's sole intention at the moment...
..oO Mustached Crusader of the PEEKOCKSWOOZZLE Order Oo..
"STFU and show me your screenies!!"

Reply to this topic