#1 Saccade

Saccade

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:33 AM

Hello!

My name's Pete, I live in London with the Mrs and exist quite happily.

Frodo and I were having this conversation about freeware with a lad from abandonia earlier.
This is what he had to say:

"I instinctively connect freeware to unadequate. I am aware that some freeware games are done without bugs, have deep stories, good gameplay and are just as good as commercial games. Still, I'm willing to miss such games just due to my (fault) opinions.

"I've got nothing against Freeware, but my intuition tells me that I shouldn't go near it ...
... Can we please drop it now?"

Posted Image
This man has obviously been mistreated and abused by Freeware as a child.
He can never go near Freeware, for it would show him things he daren't gaze upon.
No matter how loud he screams, he can never shut out the gaping silence of the vacuumous Freeware void in his life.

(idk if vacuumous is a word, but it's a good one :))

What a rubbish reason to refuse to spend even a few moments looking at Reloaded.org...

Warez = Ok
Torrents = Ok
Abandonware = Ok
Freeware & Shareware = The Plague God of Insects.

pfffff.

(you know - I'm finding it hard to swear in this forum. It'd be like traipsing muddy shoes over a clean white carpet...)

#2 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:55 AM

;)

Welcome to AR Pete. :) And yes, many people do disregard freeware as trash. But if it wasn't for freeware, there wouldn't be any Nethack, Cube, or even some of those commercial games turned freeware (without having to download illegally).

And as for cursing, I have done my fair share. More of damn & hell though. But I keep everything else to a minium. I will admit though, some of my stories in the "City of Secrets" have had a bit of fine coloring shall we say....

BTW, if you enjoy a good RP, maybe you could help revive "City of Secrets". :P

#3 Doubler

Doubler

A regular Llama

• Admin
  • 2740 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

Welcome :P
I suspect I might know who said person was :) ;)

Wonderfull sig and avvie by Taikara :D