Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 07:38 PM

Doubler, on May 8 2005, 03:41 PM, said:

Errrm, I've got this problem.
So I use the downloaded application, it installs -something- to -somewhere- and afterwards I can't find any of the apparantly installed content (not with search, not with anything).
Help?  :)
Same problem over here  ;)
Me>You

#17 Guest_t-beutel_*

Guest_t-beutel_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:17 PM

this game is the best teambased shooter ever, stopped my quake addiction and replaced it with something worse... :) most ctf maps are best suited for 10 vs 10 or 8vs8 players, but on public anything goes.
too bad theres not many servers anymore..  well time to stop sitting in front of the pc 10 hours a day anyway ;)
greetings from tribe wtf?!  ;)

#18 Guest_rab_*

Guest_rab_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:38 PM

best game in the world
playing it for 6 years now.. or 5.. however

visiti #tribes in quakenet for help

www.dragonsofdeath.de downloadsection for mappacks
www.tribesfox.tk for anti-cheat-plugin which is needed to play on the last populated euro-server "Splatterfest Of Azeroth"
and dont start playing without a jumpscript. i recommend the "vikingpack" as its a pretty complete pack with anything u need to play.

its hard to play against the vets but have a try.

#19 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:40 AM

Thanks RAb,
I have tried to play UT recently but whenever i joined a server it ask for ''new'' things :),

Nice that i know what StarS.T. gonna need ;)

#20 DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:47 PM

Which patches should I download at sierra´s homepage? There is quite a bunch of patches. But which should I install?  :)

#21 Guest_rab_*

Guest_rab_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2005 - 08:22 PM

patch 1.11 needed.

again:
#tribes1 or #wtf?! in quakenet  (irc) for further help.

#22 Flop

Flop

Aspiring Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 08:23 PM

Since the game's autoupdater is pretty crappy, to say the least (it doesn't seem to work at all), here is a link to the patch you need. Just download it and install, and it will update the game to 1.11.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed.

#23 Abi79

Abi79

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 01:07 PM

After I installed the game I tried to start it, but the shortcut the installer made says that the exe is missing. I've searched everywhere for it in Starsiege's directory but I couldn't find it neither. Can anyone help me ? :)

EDIT: It doesn't matter. I received tribes.exe from an Abandonia Reloaded member ;)

EDIT 2: Changed "Abandonia member" to "Abandonia Reloaded member" ;)

Edited by Abi79, 12 July 2005 - 05:16 AM.

IPB Image

#24 Himmler

Himmler

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 09:04 PM

Abandonia Reloaded member ;)  ....I swear it wasn't me ;)

Manual post merge by data:
Woops...looks like I have a CD with Starsiege:tribes 1.8 and the update patch 1.11 included...
Abi79 u gotta look for that CD...LEVEL Magazine 7/2004 o sa te ajute (it will help you)

next one:

I'm sooo pissed! ranting.gif the game started crashing after 5 mins. online.. I don't know what to do!

You should be able to do this yourself as well by pressing the edit button
I know...I just forgot..
Did anybody else encountered this problem?The game still crashes...I will reinstall
After reinstalling the same problem.... :)

#25 MrBackAlleySka

MrBackAlleySka

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 04:18 PM

Man this ticks me off. *Redownloads Tribes* I play tribes and Soldat the most, out of any game (except roguelikes, but I jump around with those) Annyways. I'm at EB games and I see a CD case "Tribes 2" With the cd key sticker still on it. I was major happy heheh. I knew Vivendi stopped giving out free CD keys for Tribes 2, and the game was only 3.99 USD. Of course I bought it, really happy I found an origional CD key and couldn't wait to play. Got home, installed, updated, and finally ran the game.

But couldn't play. After creating an account, it asks for a CD key. Of course im happy knowing I have an origional CD key sitting right here, and poof..."This CD key is already in use in another account." Bah! The previous owner of the game haden't deleted his account. =/ So I have Tribes 2, origional CD, case, manual, everything...and can't play. I was so pissed.

#26 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 04:21 PM

Ouch :) that's like super harsh. Heh gotta love them for doing something like that, you would think they could generate a lot more random cd keys or something,

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#27 Nosferrath

Nosferrath

N00b-a-R00b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:18 AM

Big problem. I downloaded the install (it took LOTS of time). Now when I try to install it, it reaches about 5% the it tells me there's somekind of I/O error due to some bad media
or corrupted installation file. Is there a way to fix this ? I hope I won't have to redownload the file.  :)

#28 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 03:43 PM

Uh, you sorta dont buy a game off someone who's used it and expect to be able to register it with the same unique CDkey
user posted image
Meep?

#29 Blood-Pigggy

Blood-Pigggy

No mo' jibba jabba

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1901 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:36 PM

This game just refuses to work on XP with me.
I have Tribes 2, but it's particularly annoying that I can't play the prequel.

Knight of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!21
Best Topics Ever: Aywanez Splenda Women PICKLEWESSEL Signs OMG

#30 DannyMc252

DannyMc252

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:13 PM

I just downloaded and ran... Its one of the most un-crashable programs Ive found. It has beautiful alt-tabbing support..
user posted image
Meep?

Reply to this topic