141 replies to this topic

#1 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 06:23 AM

Well decided rather than clump together the music and art, might as well make a seperate topic for the art related things so that's what I'm going to do. Alrighty starting again shall be posting the sigs are comments from before mwhaha.

That wraps up the music portion of this thread, I'll also be sharing art related work like sigs and such so let's start off with that.

Posted Image

A sig I recently did and was up for awhile before my current one, one of my favourite guitarists in the industry today Mr. John Petrucci.

Couple of Foamy related Sigs I have done in the past, but never thought about putting up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Iron Maiden Sigs worked on today, plan to do many a band sig

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally Sig I did for our band when we thought up the name Aversion Pawn, that was later scrapped hehe.

Posted Image

And finally current sig with 3 of the greatest guitarists in the world today, least that's what I think, taken from their G3 tour in Japan this past year.

Posted Image

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#2 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 06:29 AM

Okay double posting but did get to work on some new sigs, two actually and really should I clutter up my first post? Uh no I shall not hehe.

First one up is one for Dream Theater one of my favourite bands that I have been tweaking around, first time through the sig was fine but one problem the font, yes the font unfortunately that was the big issue, but thanks to Taikara LOL  helping me out with her opinion and suggesting me a site for better fonts, finally found one that suited the sig.

Posted Image

And my second one on Bruce Dickinson using one of his signature phrases, font turned out not so great for this one, tried to use the one Iron Maiden uses so this one will prob change around later on.

Posted Image

Any comments are welcome cause I still consider myself a newb when it comes to sig making. :blink:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#3 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:24 AM

I quite like the last one (although the writing is a bit hard to read at first sight). The first one is nice, but the individual elements don't really look like a composition, they look a bit as if they just happened to be next to each other. ("Oh, look, there's a floating heart and a blue banner saying 'Dream Theatre'. How odd.")

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#4 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:45 AM

I like your work. Try blending the images in a little better ? Also the borders are a bit 'odd'. Not that different is bad!

Keep working at them :blink:
Me>You

#5 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 12:39 PM

Your work is good but use blending and more exciting fonts and it'll be even better...

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#6 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 06:34 PM

DeathDude, on Nov 27 2005, 06:29 AM, said:

Posted Image]
Freakin awesome! :blink:

#7 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:50 AM

Thanks for the comments LOL Appreciate it as it's the only way I'll learn, did some changes and changed up the Dream Theater Sig

Posted Image

Mostly looks the same in terms of the images, but changed up the font, took out the border, kept the pic of the flaming heart because that's the logo from the band ;).

And started working on another sig for Queensryche, a work in progress right now as I feel the background could be better but this is a general idea so far of how it may look.

Posted Image

Again any comments are very welcome. :blink:

#8 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:11 PM

Some more creations to share so without further ado here we go.

Posted Image

Sig based on the BD album chemical wedding best album of his solo career have to say. :blink:

Posted Image

Caption comes off one of their songs thought I'd use it. LOL

Posted Image

Another Dream Theater one with a funky font I found.

Posted Image

Queensryche based sig displaying 3 of their best albums (least imo) and yeah that's pretty much it.

So check em out and tell me what ya think about em, interested to hear comments on this latest batch, so all are welcome.

#9 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:57 PM

Obviously you like those sharp borders between the individual elements, but I don't think they work particularly well, actually...:blink:

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#10 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:09 AM

I really like the Queensryche sig. Very nice work, but maybe try doing some without the 'sharp' or 'hard' borders like some others have been mentioning. Keep up the good work.

#11 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:32 AM

I agree with Raffles.

Try to beef up on that feathering technique I mentioned, or practice cutting out images so you can place them on backgrounds, it'll help a lot :blink:

Otherwise, great job, keep it up, and keep experimenting with fonts and font effects, it can really make or break a good sig LOL
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#12 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:50 AM

Thanks for the comments :blink: Will try to make the necessary changes that have been mentioned by all of ya, so hopefully I can get something up within the next day or so. LOL

#13 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:49 PM

Well managed to tweak around and create a new sig so here it is.

Posted Image

Some issues like the hard border still working on and still tweaking around here and there but hope it's an improvement of sorts, interested to hear any comments/tips/suggestions or whatnot. :blink:

And another note "borrowed" the background from Tai a background she made that fit in nicely with the pic.  LOL

#14 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:23 PM

^Theres definately an improvement there. I think some of your "hard border" or "blending" issues might be more due to the software you're using rather than your skill. Keep at it :blink:

#15 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2953 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:11 PM

That's a distinct improvement. I'm still not sure about your choice of colours and font for the text and it looks like the belnding in the middle has gone from right to left rather than the other way around if you see what I mean (probably only made sense in my head, that) but it's definitely a lot better. Keep it up!
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.