68 replies to this topic

#31 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:52 PM

Yeah when I get the chance I'll send them over. :)

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#32 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:20 PM

Been writing and tweaking 3 new songs over the 5 weeks and they are all turning out very well. This is my strongest work to date and will really push the band forward. We now have upwards of 15 songs and its just about time to stop writing and start recording/producing the material. I wouldnt be suprised if we had an official demo to show around by mid-summer. I also have a good friend of mine who is just about on board to join the band. That would add a backup singer and keyboardist to the group. Details coming soon. :blink:

Thats it for now, thanks for the interest. :P

#33 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:45 AM

Wells plan with the keyboardist fell through, so the search commences on that position for the time being, after this week, hoping to jam with all the band during my week off of classes whoo, and planning on writing some songs myself, got some ideas and myself and our drummer Caleb also plan to collaborate on writing a song, so hopefully some new material will be able to showcase soon enough for interested fans. :ok:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#34 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 11:22 PM

Time to show off a new song, music is already written and hopefully will get to recording this song in next coming while.

"Pillars of Justice." © Written by Barin

Wanting to break free from the system
The rules keeping everyone down
Not knowing where to turn to
Trapped inside this glass wall
Looking out across the busy streets
Into a world full of darkness
Where the corrupt rule and the innocent suffer

Chorus
Seen the story many times repeated
The tale of the injustice in our courts
Seeing it every day of my life
As something new shocks this world
Wanting to fight back, make a stand
On the pillars of justice.

How many times must we see the suffering
The pain that is caused by the corrupt
The shameless tells their tales
Rejoicing of their glory from their pedistal
Looking over the innocent, like an eagle's prey
Creeping ready to strike again, no remorse in their eyes

Chorus
Seen the story many times repeated
The tale of the injustice in our courts
Seeing it every day of my life
As something new shocks this world
Wanting to fight back, make a stand
On the pillars of justice.

#35 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 09:47 AM

Aside from the few tracks I'm finishing off for all intents and purposes the writing phase for the first album is done. The 6 tracks for the Demo have already been selected and we're all gearing towards a mid-may recording. By June we'll have an official demo to show around, maybe get some gigs or turn our focus to the full length. We should begin getting some local recognition once the demo is done as I'm sure we're one of the hottest talents around. I'm not BSing, compared to alot of local bands we are freaken Floyd. Thanks to everyone who check in and read our blabber from time to time.

Demo Tracklist:

1. Pillars of Justice
2. Hourglass of Dreams
3. The Blue Forest Swamp
4. Aversion Pawn
5. The Joy in Sorrow
6. Letter

DD, get on a name for the demo :(

Edit by DD: Forgot dude that track 6 is up between letter and forbidden. :)
Edit by Dvoe: Letter is the better track for the demo. Forbidden will be an album track.

Edited by DeathDude, 21 March 2006 - 03:42 AM.

#36 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:07 AM

Will think up a name as soon as my sickness wears off ack, hopefully this weekend we can record some tracks, perhaps for Pillars of Justice and Hourglass of Dreams (Not Engulfed Fury wrong title dvoe put. :( ) Just got to hope my voice recovers from the sickness.

#37 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:02 PM

Thought I'd showcase another song recently wrote, my song writing is definitely getting stronger with each song I find, definitely better than my early stuff. :huh: So here it is, hopefully it may be of some use in the upcoming album. We'll see what happens, everyone is pretty much writing music, so that's excellent to see and there's our big track that being worked on, that will be quite the song have to say.

"Hours Gaze." © Written by E Barin

I have thought of many things
They have brought me here
Guiding me to my destiny
Leading to where I search for the truth
Helping me discover, the answers I seek
The only comfort is knowing what lies around the corner
Nothing to fear as you draw closer

Only hearing what you want to hear
Not tuning into reality
The anguish seems so far away
Yet it lies closer to the heart
Needing to be more true to yourself

Chorus
The time is slowly disappearing
The dreams are fading away
But you still have time to change it all
Don't let it crumble all away
Letting the darkness take over
Chasing that dream in the distance
Wasting the time on the hopelessness
When the opportunity lies right in front of you

The world is what we make it
So alone that feeling we experience
Each passing breath, seems so chilling
Each thought that you think
Won't do you good to lament on the past
Try to stand tall through all the pain

Chorus
The time is slowly disappearing
The dreams are fading away
But you still have time to change it all
Don't let it crumble all away
Letting the darkness take over
Chasing that dream in the distance
Wasting the time on the hopelessness
When the opportunity lies right in front of you

#38 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:09 PM

Lyrically Interesting that's for sure. I'm not very good at making written lyrics come to life in my head, I'll have to hear you sing them before I can comment any further. Looks/Sounds :huh: good so far!
Me>You

#39 Tulac

Tulac

The Great Red Lemur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1546 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:38 PM

That's some good writing  DD... :huh:

DakaSha:if you go into a kindergarden and give all the kids rubber schlongs they will prob just hit each other over the head with them
DakaSha:and you have a class of little kids hitting eachother with rubber dongs which must be quite funny (also Picklweasel knight I am)

#40 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:49 AM

Thanks guys :huh: It's pretty much more or less done, just noticed the odd word need to add here and there, mostly so it's not too difficult when I have to lay down the tracks. Plus got to start thinking up ideas once I hear our really big 15 min track.

#41 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:27 PM

DeathDude, on Mar 29 2006, 04:49 AM, said:

Thanks guys :P It's pretty much more or less done, just noticed the odd word need to add here and there, mostly so it's not too difficult when I have to lay down the tracks. Plus got to start thinking up ideas once I hear our really big 15 min track.
Marathon Tracks.  :huh:
Me>You

#42 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:34 PM

As the saying goes you can't be a true prog band without having a 15 min track. :huh:

#43 Dvoe

Dvoe

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:22 PM

Sean, on Mar 29 2006, 07:27 PM, said:

DeathDude, on Mar 29 2006, 04:49 AM, said:

Thanks guys :roflol: It's pretty much more or less done, just noticed the odd word need to add here and there, mostly so it's not too difficult when I have to lay down the tracks. Plus got to start thinking up ideas once I hear our really big 15 min track.
Marathon Tracks.  :huh:
I'm shocked and appalled at this statement :P
By the way the track clocks in at 16:31.

#44 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:35 PM

The last track I listened to that was over 10 minutes long was so boring I turned it off with half of the track left to play. I know you guys will keep it interesting but I still think long tracks are just.. drawn out and needlessly lengthy.

Prove me wrong, punks! :huh:
Me>You

#45 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:36 PM

We're not just making long tracks for the sake of making long tracks, this is going to be a very big track in terms of arrangments and style of different things such as lyrics, won't be saying much because a lot of it is still in development and secret too heh heh. :huh:

Plus it's not like the whole album will be chalk full of these long tracks, it'll be with the normal tracks for the people who can't stand long tracks and our long tracks for people who appreciate epic arrangments with many elements thrown in.