46 replies to this topic

#1 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:42 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + download

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#2 DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Member Munchkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:56 PM

WoW! This looks astonishing cool! Nice movements, nice graphics. Although such shooters arenŽt my job normally, IŽll have to try this. But poor download rate :angel:
But I think that was already mentioned in the review, wasnŽt it?

#3 TheAssassin

TheAssassin

Forum Peon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:43 AM

For those having trouble getting in, I recommend holding down enter while you're trying to connect.  On some computers this won't work but it will help you to get that spot once one opens up.  I don't remember ever waiting more than 5 minutes to get into the game this way.

Once you're in, don't join a server with more than 8 or expect some lag.

Enjoy the game though, now both of my favorite freeware shooters are here :angel: (Soldat and Gunz)

#4 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:22 AM

The graphics look rather nice. Too bad I don't like FPS...

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#5 Havell

Havell

A Usual Suspect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:25 AM

A. J. Raffles, on Oct 18 2005, 12:22 PM, said:

The graphics look rather nice. Too bad I don't like FPS...
It's third person, not first :angel:

There's more matrix-style running up walls and backflipping than you get in an FPS.
IPB Image

#6 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2389 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:20 PM

From what I can tell, it plays more like a MMORPG than an FPS.... not to mention that it is multiplayer, though some would argue that it isn't actually a MMORPG.

But, since you can level, wear spiffy gear, and play with many people, I consider it a MMORPG... I would test it to find out for sure, but I can't play MMORPGs, I'm a recovering addict :angel:
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#7 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:39 PM

Oh all right. TPS, then.:angel:

#8 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:06 PM

I so want to play this game, the fact that it's a MMOG makes it even that more appealing, curse my old computer. :angel:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#9 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:26 PM

Just amuse yourself with Deus Ex if you can buy that. Don't buy IW though. Urgh.

Sorry, that was utterly off topic.

#10 Sean

Sean

Just call me Mr. Magic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1265 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:22 PM

Finnally it was added ;)

:angel:... havent re-read that review in months and I just realized that I made some rather stupid mistakes in it. I really advise you check the game out if you can. Reloaded's mothersite had a large gunz following at one point in time. Perhaps it still does.

Anyway I think the correct term is

MMOG- Massively Multiplayer Online Game

And NOT

MMORPG - Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplay Game.

I may be wrong as I often am.

Im glad the reviews finally up and hope lots of people have as much fun as I did with the game :apple:

Cya

Magic
Me>You

#11 Fawfulhasfury

Fawfulhasfury

Daily Denizen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 08:17 PM

Actually a more correct term would be MMOTPS or massive multiplayer online third person shooter. I play this game every day and I consider it THE best multiplayer shooter out there. I strongly recommend it. XD If you don't have it get it. I also recommend you get rid of the dagger and get a sword as soon as possible when you start playing as daggers are looked down upon by most players. You can do some extremely cool things in this game like wall run, use your sword to literally fly up a wall or around a map. There are many cool maps and weapons to choose from, and almost all of the players are friendly.
Pi stinks, tastes horribles, and I hate it! But cake is good...

#12 BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone

Self-titling Egotist

• Members
  • 2953 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 08:41 PM

MMOTPS? what's wrong with the word 'game'?
[center]
QUOTE (gregor)
also consider this - the turkey *male genital*ula is called little asia on some geographical maps maps.

I'm your solar-powered princess/Your technological soulmate.

#13 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 08:42 PM

I have honestly never heard the term MMOTPS, then again there isn't exactly a ton of games like this I'll just stick with MMOG, easier to remember. :angel:

#14 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:02 PM

BeefontheBone, on Oct 18 2005, 08:41 PM, said:

MMOTPS? what's wrong with the word 'game'?
It's far too easy to pronounce. And it actually resembles an English word. That's why it's so much more fun to come up with something like the vaguely Finnish-looking LOPPAATKOA, which would be my suggestion to classify this game - lots of people playing and attempting to kill one another.:angel:

#15 Juni Ori

Juni Ori

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 4277 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:39 AM

Vaguely indeed... :angel: Why I have this vague feeling that Finnish is achieving more and more fame here and in American talk-shows? Guess we're so exotic. ;) Btw, first sub-zero nights in South Finland! This has been warm autumn.
...70 years... LOL

Reply to this topic