Dvoe's Content

There have been 322 items by Dvoe (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#31736 Deathdude's musical writings

Posted by Dvoe on 02 June 2006 - 08:46 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

By even bringing this issue up I feel Im compromising my own integrity. The issue is now closed. Sometimes the winds turn against you when u least suspect it. Lets move on. You all take care of yourselves.

#31711 Deathdude's musical writings

Posted by Dvoe on 02 June 2006 - 07:07 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

#31701 Deathdude's musical writings

Posted by Dvoe on 02 June 2006 - 06:52 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

#31689 Humourous Videos

Posted by Dvoe on 02 June 2006 - 06:19 PM in Forum Guidelines

For the Mortal Kombat fans in the house!

:(

#31688 Recent Movie/music Buys

Posted by Dvoe on 02 June 2006 - 06:16 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

View PostBeefontheBone, on Jun 2 2006, 06:12 PM, said:

Literally the most Medieval cd I've ever heard
Ever hear anything by Circulus? A Lick on the Tip of an Envelope Yet to be Sent is awesome :P
Never heard of them but I'll be sure to check out that cd! Thanks for the suggestion!  :(

#31686 Deathdude's musical writings

Posted by Dvoe on 02 June 2006 - 06:08 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

View PostA. J. Raffles, on Jun 2 2006, 06:06 PM, said:

A little bird told me.

#31683 Deathdude's musical writings

Posted by Dvoe on 02 June 2006 - 06:03 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

View PostA. J. Raffles, on Jun 2 2006, 05:58 PM, said:

You know, Dave, considering you two actually know each other, the decent thing would have been to apologise for that "mistake" in person rather than through a flippant post on an internet forum.

#31681 Recent Movie/music Buys

Posted by Dvoe on 02 June 2006 - 05:59 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

View PostJuni Ori, on Apr 12 2006, 06:43 PM, said:

@Dvoe: Did you ever get that Elegy?

I've had this album for a while now but just listened to it for the first time about 3 days ago. It absolutely blew me away, I might actually like it more than Tales From the Thousand Lakes. I don't really have a favorite track because the whole album front to back is so solid. I also like the fact that the whole album was inspired by finnish folk tales, u almost feel like you're sitting in a forest somewhere in Norway on a cold Takatalvi night :P

Song of the Troubled One!! :(

...oh and sry for the double post

#31678 Recent Movie/music Buys

Posted by Dvoe on 02 June 2006 - 05:37 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Battlestar Galactica - Season 1 DVD (10/10) - One of the best suprises of the last few years for me. Brilliant show with intriguing storylines and deep characters. Probably my favorite sci-fi since Babylon 5, wow what a find!!

Nerthus - Black Medieval Art (9/10) - Literally the most Medieval cd I've ever heard. Death metal mixed with Zelda type video game music. More flutes, oboes and hapsichords than all the Rhapsody albums combined. Almost too cheesy for its own good....maybe thats why I like it :(

#31676 Deathdude's musical writings

Posted by Dvoe on 02 June 2006 - 05:33 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

#29669 Console debate

Posted by Dvoe on 12 May 2006 - 05:47 PM in Forum Guidelines

^Very good point. Nintendo is always one step ahead it seems :P

I can't wait to play my brand new Wheee :P

#29666 Console debate

Posted by Dvoe on 12 May 2006 - 05:39 PM in Forum Guidelines

So the new nintendo system is now called Wii. How the heck is that pronounced? The Nintendo Wheeeee? I sure hope not :P

#29616 Deathdude's musical writings

Posted by Dvoe on 12 May 2006 - 02:43 AM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Things are going well with the band. Our drummer is coming up with awesome arrangements and we're now getting all kinds of secondary songwriting. This is a new song that our bass player (V. Shaposhnikov) wrote and I helped arrange. It is a little number called Paradise Lost and has a cool lyrical setup which we'll add in shortly. It is a different song for us in that it is lead by keyboards. Check it out and some feedback is always appreciated. :P

http://media.putfile...aradise-Lost-54

#29014 Man Nearly Shot While Playing Wow

Posted by Dvoe on 07 May 2006 - 07:00 PM in Forum Guidelines

unbelievable!!!

http://antiotter.liv...com/144625.html

"My neighbor accidentally put a .44 Magnum round though my wall. It missed my head by three inches. It started in his bathroom, went through the mirror, went through the closet on the other side, blew through that closet door, traveled across his hallway, blew through our common wall, richocheted upward off my computer desk, and lodged in the doorframe"

Next time you're playing computer video games u might wanna set up a bullet guard around your desk. :P

#29012 Memorable Concert Experiences

Posted by Dvoe on 07 May 2006 - 06:56 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

My biggest beef with tribute bands are none of them are any good :P

The Queen tribute band = :P

There was a Priest/Maiden tribute band in town a couple weeks ago and I heard from some aquaintances that it was one of the most atrocious things they ever witnessed. Run to the Hills with death metal vocals??! :P

#28995 Types Of Metal

Posted by Dvoe on 07 May 2006 - 04:57 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

:P  :P Awesome!

And DD, 99% of the time speed metal is referred to as thrash metal.

#28392 Suggest Music...

Posted by Dvoe on 03 May 2006 - 06:50 AM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Moogle, on May 3 2006, 04:28 AM, said:

Oooopsies... ^_^

Anyways, Dvoe, my friend (whos into all sortsa metal) wonders if you have any more viking metal suggestions...
If you're interested in Viking Metal you want the following bands:

Ensiferum, Wintersun, Amon Amarth, Korpiklaani, Insomnium, Thyrfing, Nerthus

Those are some great bands to start with :P

#27938 Happy Birthday, Don Andy!

Posted by Dvoe on 29 April 2006 - 07:35 PM in Forum Guidelines

Happy Birthday!  ^_^

#27915 Random Pics

Posted by Dvoe on 29 April 2006 - 05:29 PM in Forum Guidelines

Wah pedals are great tools for guitar players and yes Hendrix did use it well. My problem is with modern guitarists that use their wah pedals with the settings set too high. With too much wah the note intricacies get lost and the solo just turns into a messy disaster. Guitarists like John Petrucci, Kirk Hammett, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Joe Satriani use the wah pedal to their advantage but guitarists like Kerry King (mentioned above) and other 'modern rock talent' are destroying the art of soloing with it.

Thats it for today children, class dismissed...  ^_^

#27907 Recent Movie/music Buys

Posted by Dvoe on 29 April 2006 - 05:18 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

@Beef  Im probably gonna pick up the Tool album just for the sweet packaging :cry:. Looks even cooler than Lateralus was. Anyway heres a few of the cds I've accumulated over the last few weeks:

Edguy - Hellfire Club- Classic power metal with a vocallist very much like Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden. Some of the catchiest metal ever. (8.5/10)

Michael Jackson - Off the Wall- Yes, I like some music outside of metal. I simply love this man's voice and the songwriting is light years ahead of the manufactured predictable garbage that mainstream pop turned into during the 90s. (7.5/10)

Sonata Arctica - For the Sake of Revenge DVD/CD- Probably the best purchase I've made all year. Amazing live performance recorded just a few weeks before the show I attended. Rock solid performances and incredible lengthy setlist. Sonata Arctica is a power metal force to be reckoned with. I'd recommend this to all fans of music, not only 'metal heads'.  (10/10)

Elvenking - The Winter Wake- Extremely dissapointing album from these folk pioneers. The loss of their main songwriter is blaringly apparent and all the good ideas are just rehashes of the last album. This band peaked early and is on the fast track to mediocrity....and with a name like that..pity :P (5/10)

Stratovarius - Elements Part 1- Widely known as the most progressive and symphonic stratovarius release. Was highly controversial when it came out but its good to see that the majority was wrong. This is an amazing power metal album with more prog than on any previous strato release. Amazing performances and instantly memorable. (8/10)

Finntroll - Visor Om Slutet- Their unplugged acoustic album. Imagine polka metal with acoustics around a camp fire...........need I say more (7/10)

I also got some more albums from Amon Amarth and Gamma Ray but I'm getting tired of typing.  LOL  Seriously people, check some of these bands out! I mean these days with internet torrents what do you have to lose??!! Good Day. ^_^

#27898 Suggest Music...

Posted by Dvoe on 29 April 2006 - 05:01 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Stratovarius - Hunting High and Low, Black Diamond, Father Time (Power Metal)

Sonata Arctica - Peacemaker, Gravenimage (Power Metal)

Metallica - Blackend, The Unforgiven, Creeping Death (Heavy Metal)

Wintersun - Starchild, Sadness and Hate (Melodic Death Metal)

In Flames - Jotun, Jester Script Transfigured, Artifacts of the Black Rain (Melodic Death Metal)

Nightwish - Nemo, Sleeping Sun, Gethsemane (Power Metal)

Kamelot - The Haunting, Abandoned, Don't you Cry (Power Metal)

Ensiferum - Little Dreamer, Tale of Revenge (Viking Metal)

Kreator - Betrayer, People of the Lie (Thrash Metal)

#27892 Your Favorite Films!

Posted by Dvoe on 29 April 2006 - 04:53 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Some of my favorite movies include the LOTR Trilogy, Back to the Future trilogy, classic Star Wars trilogy, Fight Club, Batman Begins, Star Trek IV, Star Trek VI, etc.

#27891 Best Game Soundtrack?

Posted by Dvoe on 29 April 2006 - 04:51 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Final Fantasy VIII and X are my favorite game soundtracks. Instantly memorable classic songs and some fantastic orchestration.

#27194 Your Favourite Music Cd Covers

Posted by Dvoe on 25 April 2006 - 06:04 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

^Anathema is incredible!

Posted Image
:ok:

#26704 Deathdude's musical writings

Posted by Dvoe on 22 April 2006 - 10:17 PM in Community Contests, Games, and Role Playing

Some brief news on the album progress. Every member is rehearsing songs on their own time and hopefully we'll all get together and practice after our final exams are over in a week here. Lyrical ideas are flowing rapidly (almost too much so) and the album will be a concept album of sorts. There are still 4 songs incompleted writing wise for the album. I'm working on the all important track 2 now (which is the most important track on the album) and Blue Forest Swamp (from way back) is getting a 'sequel'. :( Both Blue Forest instrumental tracks will serve as important moments of reflection in our story. Speaking of reflections, we're gonna rework an old song of ours called 'Reflection' which if all goes to plan should be a pivotal song in progressing our concept story. Sound like fun? Well actually its rather tedious....but the end product will be something to be proud of. I said 'brief news' right, well I better shut up now.  :ok: