• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 Frodo

Frodo

Your neck looks very... tasty!

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

If he doesn't want to compete with the X-Men, why doesn't he bring it forward, instead of pushing it back?  :bleh:
Thousands of hobbit fans would be delighted, if they got to see the film sooner!  :biggrin:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#32 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

At least all the films now have a similar release schedule.

But I did like the idea of about a 6 month wait, instead. Warner Bros. did that with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Winter for Part 1, the following summer for Part 2.

As for bringing it forward, he probably can't. Remember the original shooting of the film was only done for two films. Then greedy Warner Bros. saw a trilogy moneybag, and decided to break it up into three films. HOWEVER.. this did kinda work well for Peter Jackson, and Hobbit fans. It gives more time for storytelling, and the extra stuff added into the original Lord of the Rings book, things not included in the original trilogy, will be in the third film, to tie everything together. This resulted in more filming having to be done, with certain cast members. Plus the special effects probably aren't done, and all the other stuff (music, editing, etc).

Plus, I kinda think Jackson would be listening to people, and editing the later films to improve where the first lacked. Evidence of the trilogy stretch was seen in the first film. It took forever for Bilbo to finally get on his journey, and in parts it clearly dragged. The pace needs to be picked up.

That actually happened through most of the epic movies anyway though. At World's End (POTC), and some Harry Potter movies. Jackson needs the next Hobbit film to shadow Return of the King, and Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2. Needs an epic feel, without dragging.

#33 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

Peter Jackson wanted it to be a trilogy.  And it doesn't take 2 years to make a couple of films.  :bleh:

I never thought the first part dragged at all.  In the book, it showed BIlbo as being a quiet hobbit who didn't go on adventures.  Then Gandalf came, then the dwarves came and turned his quiet life upside down, while demanding all his food.  The film just shows what's in the book.  It didn't drag at all.  :thumbsup:
Please click on my dragons to help them grow -    Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

#34 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

That coming from a hobbit-addict. Actually, a freaky little hobbit lover. :bleh:

I'm coming from the perspective of someone who never cared for the Lord of the Rings. :tongue:

#35 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Let's sit down together, and watch the extended versions of all 3 LOTR films, immediately followed by The Hobbit.  Then you can see how awesome they are/  :biggrin:

#36 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Well, you'd have to expect footrubs during the films, and maybe even some kissing breaks. :wink:

#37 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

*rests her foot on his lap*

Rub away.   :biggrin:

#38 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

*rubs her foot* :wink:

EDIT: The Hobbit Joins the $1 Billion Club

#39 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:35 AM

*smiles, and feels herself relax, as she enjoys the footrub*  
*leans forward, and kisses him*

:wub:

#40 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

*kisses* :frodo: :nick:

#41 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

*pulls his foot up*
*pulls his socks off*
*rubs his foot, as he rubs hers*

#42 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Love it. :happy2:

*kisses* :heart:

#43 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

*leans down, and kisses his toes*

#44 Nick

Nick

Tech-Support Guru

• Admin
  • 6055 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

*kisses her, and strokes her hair* :wink:

#45 Frodo

Frodo

• Admin
  • 9533 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

*clasps his hands, and looks into his eye*

How did this change from a thread about The Hobbit... to us?  :bleh: