57 replies to this topic

#16 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 07:44 PM

I think all freeware games should be put up here, regardless of when they were made or when they became freeware. Take "Flight of the Amazon Queen", one of the most popular games here on Reloaded, it's a rather old game turned freeware, same goes for Arena. Let this place be a database for all freeware games.

#17 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2013 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:31 PM

i have a feeling that one of the vote possibilitys is going to have only 1 vote going for it...

:angel:

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#18 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:34 PM

DakaSha, on Oct 13 2005, 10:31 PM, said:

i have a feeling that one of the vote possibilitys is going to have only 1 vote going for it...

:angel:
Long live the status quo!

#19 taikara

taikara

Tai-Fu Mastah

• Members
  • 2389 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:29 AM

We're still waiting for our fearless leader to implement the poll ;)

Of course, maybe if he reads this, he won't have to :angel:
..<[[[Tofu Ninja of the Pickasldawessle Order]]]>..
QUOTE (Tai - in response to DD on how people who fear change are like cats)
you mean the "you moved my litterbox, so I'm going to pee in your clothes hamper" attitude?
Yes, I just quoted myself. ph34r my T4i-F00!!.
doodoodoo!!!

#20 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:36 AM

hey i wanna at least be a rebel in the polls! :angel:

Posted Image
For all you artists here... and we have enough. Please draw me something :D Click Here. If possible include your nick. A simple Test. dunno of the PICKLEWAESEL order!!1!2

#21 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6304 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 05:33 AM

DakaSha, on Oct 14 2005, 12:36 AM, said:

Good point. Much better than being a pebble in the rolls, anyway.;)

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#22 Stroggy

Stroggy

AR-coholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:14 AM

DakaSha, on Oct 14 2005, 01:36 AM, said:

I think in this case you'd either be "the odd one out" or "the negligible percentage"

#23 DeathDude

DeathDude

Duke de la Review

• Members
  • 6270 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 01:09 PM

Guess we'll have to see how it turns out. :angel: Ya never know could be a few surprises.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/Upcoming Concerts will be attending, 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden, 7/27/08: Judas Priest,

#24 PrejudiceSucks

PrejudiceSucks

Freeware Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:39 PM

A good point is raised. For starters only members would be allowed to vote (I dunno how the IPB boards stand on this) and it'd be better if people didn't just give flippant answers.

#25 A. J. Raffles

A. J. Raffles

The Grand Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6304 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 04:30 PM

PrejudiceSucks, on Oct 14 2005, 03:39 PM, said:

A good point is raised. For starters only members would be allowed to vote (I dunno how the IPB boards stand on this) and it'd be better if people didn't just give flippant answers.
Oh, all right, if you want serious answers: I don't really see why we should distinguish between freeware that used to be commercial and freeware that was free to begin with. We'd have to miss out on some of our most popular games if we made that destinction, and quite likely the percentage of AGS games would be even higher than it is already.

"Flippin' immigrants, stealin' our bandwidth etc. etc." - PrejudiceSucks

#26 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 05:24 PM

thats why i said that abandonia should host those games.
the thing is that most people dont see a differance between commercial freeware and abandonware. to most people its just a game that they wanted a long time ago and couldnt pay for that is now being offered for free... whether legal or illigal.

of course its just a personal thing but my compulsiveness demands organized file structure. :angel:

like i said to me it just makes sense to put commercial games on one site... and non-commercial games on the other.

lets say im looking for betrayal at krondor... the first place i look is going to be abandonia... 100% because to me its just a game that was once commercial and is now being offered for free.... what do i know or even care if its official? i can get the game for free.

if im looking for ADoM then im gonna check out reloaded because i know they host non-commercial games.

most people dont KNOW the differance... its just free. so like i said it just makes more sense to me.

(yeah your right though raffles... there will be alot more AGS games percentage wise then)

Posted Image

#27 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 07:44 PM

Actually, Betrayal at Krondor isn't freeware. So we would never host it on this site in the first place.

It was made available at one time, but Vivendi has pulled it back again, and won't allow anyone to offer if as freeware. It was a free game for a limited time only. :angel:

Yo!

#28 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 12:02 AM

yeah? i found it on a site as freeware.... couldve been an old thing though

Posted Image

#29 Tom Henrik

Tom Henrik

Funktastic Pimptabulous

• Validating
  • 2784 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 01:12 AM

Q: Where is Betrayal at Krondor? Isn't it freeware?

A: The legal status of Betrayal at Krondor has finally been determined.

The following response was received from a Vivendi Universal Games representative who was familiar with the particulars of the legal situation:

"We [Vivendi Universal Games] have existing contracts with other companies that preclude us from being able to authorize this [redistribution by unlicensed third parties]."

This finally settles the question with the answer that Betrayal at Krondor is not redistributable freeware, except by Vivendi Universal Games and specific contractual partners. As Liberated Games does not have any such agreement with Vivendi Universal Games, we cannot redistribute Betrayal at Krondor.

(The above text is taken from the Liberated Games FAQ.)

Yo!

#30 DakaSha

DakaSha

Happy Little Tree-hugger

• Banned
  • 2013 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 05:54 PM

ok.

but it is beside the point :angel:

Posted Image